Sort trading post threads by state?

PDA

gondorian
April 9, 2012, 04:13 PM
I don't know if it is possible to do but it would be nice if we could sort the threads in the trading post by state. Most of the time I interested primarily in local buys and I'm sure this would be useful for other people as well. If there are limitations in the forum software I understand but I figured I would throw out the suggestion.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sort trading post threads by state?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BemidjiDweller
April 9, 2012, 04:18 PM
I like this idea, it would be cool to implement it. Maybe sort them using a prefix, vbull has prefix support.

Rail Driver
April 9, 2012, 04:56 PM
I think it'd help a lot. Many people aren't willing to ship.

Mal H
April 9, 2012, 04:56 PM
Not possible with the current state of the vBulletin software.

If you could get all posters to place their state first in their thread titles, you could sort each page by clicking on "Thread" in the Thread/Thread Starter column. Good luck with that task, I'm not even going to make an attempt at it. It's hard enough just getting them to include their location anywhere in the title.

Jorg Nysgerrig
April 9, 2012, 06:28 PM
Probably the closest thing you can get to this is to use the advanced search, put your state code in the search box, choose "Search Titles Only", choose "Trading Post" under "Search in Forum(s)", and hit search now. You might want to limit it to posts in the last week or whatever, so choose date options as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sort trading post threads by state?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!