Sig p226

PDA

CZguy
April 9, 2012, 06:59 PM
Has anyone bought one of the used SIG 226s from either Sarko, or Widener's ?

I was wondering what I could expect. Good price though at $475.00.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig p226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZguy
April 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
I'm surprised that no one bought one of these.

Sergei Mosin
April 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
I have not bought one, but I suspect they are police trade-ins like the P6's they have. Look to be earlier, no-rail guns, maybe 1980s West German production. Often carried, seldom shot.

Robbins290
April 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
not a bad price at 475. im in the market for a 226.

Telekinesis
April 10, 2012, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure about the Wideners guns, but the Sarco guns are a mix of Swiss police trade ins and Israeli military surplus guns and are a bit rough on the outside but from reports, they seem to be good after replacing the standard things like springs. Sarco also had a group of 228s that were in with those 226s, and I think there are a few reviews of those out there. That might be a good place to start looking to find some pics and details about condition.

I have no experience with Wideners, but from what I hear, they're better/easier to deal with than Sarco.

CZguy
April 10, 2012, 08:18 PM
I ordered one from Widener's, so I'll post the condition in a few days.

Sergei Mosin
April 10, 2012, 08:35 PM
I've dealt with Widener's in the past, although it was ammunition and a C&R gun, not an FFL transfer. No problems.

I've been thinking about one of the P6's they have, but I'm looking for a specific date. Suppose I ought to call or write and see if they're willing to look and see if they have it.

CZguy
April 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
I've been thinking about one of the P6's they have, but I'm looking for a specific date

Just out of curiosity, why?

Gtscotty
April 10, 2012, 11:16 PM
not a bad price at 475. im in the market for a 226.

Don't know if you're caliber specific, but if not, the seller Northern Firearms has some new 40S&W 226 E2's + night sights with a starting bid of $649. I know its just a starting bid, but I won a non-night sight version today at the starting bid of $629.... I'm pretty happy with that deal, but I wish I had seen the night sight 226 for $20 more before I bid... as it is, I just sat there and watched the time run out with 0 bids. :rolleyes:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=281707599

I don't mean to derail, I'm not terribly knowledgeable about Sigs, but $475 for a police trade in seems like a pretty good deal.

Summit gunbroker has some similar trade-ins for $450 with two mags (instead of one at wideners), might be worth a look.

Sergei Mosin
April 10, 2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
I've been thinking about one of the P6's they have, but I'm looking for a specific date
Just out of curiosity, why?

Thought it would be nice to have a gun "born" the same month/year I was.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig p226" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!