What happened to police surplus Glocks?

PDA

19-3Ben
April 11, 2012, 05:24 PM
The market was flooded with them from around two years ago, up until a few months ago. For the last two months, I've been looking around every (J&G, Summit, Weideners, AIMsurplus and a few others that escape me at the moment) and they either are completely out, our have a very very limited supply of one specific generation and model.

So where did they all go? When can we expect to be up to our waists in used cop guns again? I liked when I could go to Summit and they were selling Glock 23s in the low $300s.

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to police surplus Glocks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HGM22
April 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
Guessing here, but I'd think the economy has reduced department budgets, and those departments are making due with what they have. Also, the S&W M&P, Springfield XD, and others have taken some market share from Glock (though I think Glock is still far and away the biggest seller of police handguns).

Jaymo
April 11, 2012, 09:45 PM
They got melted down and molded into something useful, like Tupperware.

I couldn't resist.

GlockFan
April 11, 2012, 10:05 PM
I don't see what you mean. Summit has 23's in stock now according to the website. SOG has 22's for $350 w/ night sights. Robertson shows different models also in stock. Yes the prices were better a year ago...I remember Summit had 22's for $329

19-3Ben
April 12, 2012, 04:58 PM
I don't see what you mean. Summit has 23's in stock now according to the website. SOG has 22's for $350 w/ night sights. Robertson shows different models also in stock. Yes the prices were better a year ago...I remember Summit had 22's for $329

The 23s that Summit has are NIB. I'm talking about surplus. A NIB Glock is not a hard thing to find. The only ones I seem to find anywhere are the 22's, and even those are priced higher, and more difficult to find than a year ago.

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to police surplus Glocks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!