CZ 75B in .40s&w

PDA

marine 97-03
April 14, 2012, 06:29 PM
Just got one....and wow CZ is becoming my favorite gun manufacturer ....what's y'alls thoughts on CZ.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 75B in .40s&w" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
beatledog7
April 14, 2012, 06:31 PM
Just bought my third, a 9mm 75B in matte stainless. It's a 2007 build that's never been fired. A nice companion for my 9mm SA.

meanmrmustard
April 14, 2012, 06:35 PM
Just got one....and wow CZ is becoming my favorite gun manufacturer ....what's y'alls thoughts on CZ.
IMHO, CZ is a superb manufacturer, and the 75 has literally opened my eyes to fast, fun, and accurate shooting. No weapon has impacted me as much, no pistol has been as altering. The first hold of my 75 was like the handshake of an old friend. I am passionate about my CZ, so much so I was elated to the point of bliss the first time I fired it. They're beautiful, stylish, accurate, and affordable to boot. Quality is in the area of heirloom on some models, mine being quite lovely. I applaud you sir for your purchase of a fine, classic, and accurate pistol. Congrats Marine!!!

PO2Hammer
April 14, 2012, 06:42 PM
Love CZ's. I've had a couple 452 bolt action .22's for years. Last winter I bought a 75B 9mm and Kadet conversion a great combo.

Blackstone
April 14, 2012, 07:10 PM
Waiting on a licence to get a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow. Heard it's a really nice gun, it's coming with competition sights, tuned trigger and hammer.

m39nut
April 14, 2012, 07:51 PM
I've tried Glock, M&P, and shot several others but I just keep returning to CZ. They have given me less problems and shoot better than any other make I have had.

tlatoani
April 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Can't find a stainless 75b in stock. Where did you get it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Walt Sherrill
April 14, 2012, 09:12 PM
I've had both a 75B in .40 and a CZ-40B.

While the 75B in .40 is fine, I prefer the 40B. I traded mine away some years ago, before I finally came to terms with the .40 round. I'll pick up another, if I can find one for a decent price.

schmeky
April 14, 2012, 10:26 PM
I have a .40 top-end I run on my SP-01 bottom. This thing will feed anything, from light 135 gn bullets up to 220 gn hard cast. I have NEVER had a single bobble of any type in thousands of rounds. It's bet-your-life reliable.

The conventional rifling means any bullet can be run down the tube.

I like it ;)

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 01:30 AM
And I think the thing is gorgeous ... great looking gun to boot

GunNut
April 15, 2012, 01:41 AM
Just bought a CZ75B in .40s&w to do kydex and leather holsters with. Shot it last weekend and it shot very nice. I'm don't have any other .40s&w's so not sure how much I will shoot it.

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 02:04 AM
I would like a leather holster for mine....to test for you.. :)

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 09:17 AM
And mine has a metal guide rod I thought they were plastic

Walt Sherrill
April 15, 2012, 09:56 AM
The alloy COMPACT CZs have plastic guide rods. They're really needed in that application to prevent wear on the frame at the receiver stop position (where the guide rod rests against the frame.) Some of the other guns have plastic, too. But metal is available if you want them -- if they are used in a steel-framed gun.

CZ says plastic works as well as metal. I suspect they do. In the case of the alloy-framed guns, they work better. (CZ has noticed some frame damage on ALLOY guns using metal guide rods -- and it's not covered by warranty. ) It's NOT a problem with steel-framed guns.

The Lone Haranguer
April 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
My 75D Compact, aka the PCR:
http://fototime.com/D9835BEA8ACC314/standard.jpg
http://fototime.com/830E1279A8EABC3/standard.jpg

The grips are CZ optional cocobolo wood, as I like the thinner profile better than the OE rubber ones with a palm swell. I love this pistol. :) And a 452 Training Rifle I had could shoot the whisker off a gnat.

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
Nice

jim243
April 15, 2012, 11:19 AM
Congratulations on a excelent purchase. I have many different brands of pistols and like their feel, but all you have to do is put a CZ in your hand and you immediately wonder why all gun manufacters don't use the same grip. Their style and quality on function and fit is way above any of the others.

With this type of focus on detail it is understandable why they are selling so well and are hard to find for purchase.

Jim

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/bigjim_02/SAM_0501.jpg

GunNut
April 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
I would like a leather holster for mine....to test for you.. :)
That could be arranged...

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
What's the difference in the 75B and the 75???

eerw
April 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Mostly the difference is the firing pin block. The "B" version has this.
other differences are the trigger guard shape. size of the magwell, sear is different because of the firing pin block lifter, front sight is different and mechanics of the safety lever.

there is also a transititional models that some of the features are melded together.

The Lone Haranguer
April 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
75Bs differ from the original 75s in that they have an internal, trigger-actuated firing pin block, a rounded hammer instead of a long spur, a hooked/serrated trigger guard and a longer "dust cover" on the frame. A B is what you will find new today.

JTQ
April 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
What's the difference in the 75B and the 75???
The guys have already covered it. Mostly a firing pin block on the "B" model.

If you are looking for some more CZ information, while not the CZ 75, here is an excellent write up on the CZ 85. There is some historical information on the CZ 75 and some information will over lap with the CZ 85 and CZ 75 since the 85 is basically the ambi version of the 75.

http://guntalkers.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-of-cz85-by-jp.html

The Lone Haranguer
April 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
If anyone wonders about the different hammer positions in my photos, they were taken at different times. The top shows the hammer fully forward, in firing position. The bottom shows the hammer in its ready position after lowering it with the decocking lever. I like this setup better than the thumb safety models - the lever is too short and far forward for my thumb - but it must be carried in DA first shot mode, no "cocked and locked" option. I would like to get a 75BD model some day, to give it a "big brother," so to speak.

shooter_from_show-me
April 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
Yup, have two CZ 75's in 9mm. One is a SP-01 Phantom and the other a polished Stainless version.

beatledog7
April 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
Can't find a stainless 75b in stock. Where did you get it?

It was a simple case of serendipity. The stainless 75B was a consignment gun in a local shop. CZs came up in conversation (shop manager was OCing a P01), and he mentioned having just taken a CZ gun in; wasn't even function/safety checked yet.

I asked if I could see it, saw its condition, asked the price, and bought it on the spot. I might have been able to talk the number down a bit, but it was a fair price, so i saw no reason to haggle.

Added: It's a matte stainless: pretty thing.

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 03:06 PM
I want one in 9mm stainless .... don't they take s&w mags too???

Walt Sherrill
April 15, 2012, 03:44 PM
No. They don't accept S&W mags.

They will take the new 17-19 round (9mm) mags you can get from the CZ Custom shop, and nearly any "clone" mag made for a small frame -- from Tanfoglio, Witness, David, IMI, Magnum Research, etc. In a few cases, the "clone" mags may not lock back the slide, but that's rare.

CZs come in two basic design sizes: 1) the standard CZ (for the 75B, the 40B, SP-01, and the compacts: P-01, PCR, etc.) and 2) the larger 97B and 75 Tactical Sport frames, which use much larger mags.

Tanfoglio/Witnesses originally came in the same small frame, and Tanfoglio expanded to build a larger frame version for .45s and 10mm. Now the Witnesses are available new only in the larger frame.

Mags for the larger frame guns won't work in the smaller-framed guns, like the standard CZs, and vice versa. Mags for the CZ 75 Tactical Sport won't work in the standard CZ, so be careful when shopping on line.

Be careful if ordering a stainless CZ, too, as there has been three types of stainless available: matte (my favorite), medium gloss, and high gloss. The high gloss models are very, very shiney.

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
How are the. Mec gar mags?

Walt Sherrill
April 15, 2012, 05:03 PM
Mec-Gar makes most of CZ's factory mags, now. (Maybe all of them.)

The Mec-Gar after-market mags generally hold more rounds and cost far less than the factory mags. It's the only way to go.

beatledog7
April 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
+1. The Mec-Gar mags work as well as the factory mags. I have several (16-rd 9mm) of both and cannot tell which are which, visually or functionally.

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
All I have now are the 10 rnd .40 cal mags....I want the 12 rnd flush fit

coalman
April 15, 2012, 06:46 PM
CZ makes a fine range gun. Owned two. IMO there are better options for everything else.

sigarms228
April 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
what's y'alls thoughts on CZ

They are a decent pistol worth checking out but there is a ton of stiff competition in their price range.

I tried a couple but was less than impressed with the trigger. My son has a SP01.

I am much happier with my SIGs and Walther PPQ.

As always one considering a pistol purchase should try out a wide variety and pick what works best for them.

Walt Sherrill
April 15, 2012, 09:45 PM
I tried a couple but was less than impressed with the trigger. My son has a SP01.

CZ's triggers, from the factory, aren't as good as they once were. Most folks find that after about 500 rounds, they're quite nice. I would rather pay a gunsmith to do a trigger/action job that spend that much time and money firing the gun to get the trigger right.

The best option is to just order one directly from the CZ Custom Shop, with the action work already done. They do great work, and the price is reasonable. They can ship to a local FFL for you to pick up.

An almost as good option is to just buy a used CZ... with the trigger already broken in.

wnycollector
April 15, 2012, 11:04 PM
All I have now are the 10 rnd .40 cal mags....I want the 12 rnd flush fit

Here you go http://www.44mag.com/product/mec-gar_cz_40_12_round_magazine/cz_magazines

marine 97-03
April 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
Bookmarked it ..that's a good price

marine 97-03
April 16, 2012, 05:02 PM
Man the stainless 75 looks great.

BP Hunter
April 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
Oh, I want my CZ75B back. I sold it last year and saw a new one in the LGS for $499. I can buy it but don't want to spend...:cuss:

marine 97-03
April 16, 2012, 07:39 PM
Bp...better jump on it.....you'll kick your self in the butt if u dont

tlatoani
April 16, 2012, 07:53 PM
Pm me the gun shop name if ya don't buy it please!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

farmallmta
April 17, 2012, 12:07 AM
"IMHO, CZ is a superb manufacturer, and the 75 has literally opened my eyes to fast, fun, and accurate shooting. No weapon has impacted me as much, no pistol has been as altering. The first hold of my 75 was like the handshake of an old friend. I am passionate about my CZ, so much so I was elated to the point of bliss the first time I fired it. They're beautiful, stylish, accurate, and affordable to boot. Quality is in the area of heirloom on some models, mine being quite lovely. I applaud you sir for your purchase of a fine, classic, and accurate pistol. Congrats Marine!!!"

Oh quit beating around the bush... how do you REALLY feel about your CZ, MeanMrMustard? :D I agree completely! Excellent, excellent pistol!

meanmrmustard
April 17, 2012, 08:27 PM
Don't know if anyone cares, but there's a fella on eBay that makes replacement grip screws to replace the stock Phillips. These are metric socket heads, just got mine in this evening (3 days from las Vegas, fast shipping) and boy are they sweet. Thought you fellow CZ guys would like to know they fit 75, pcr, sp 01 perfectly. Better than chewed up Phillips I think.

marine 97-03
April 17, 2012, 11:11 PM
Sweet...good looking out mustard

1SOW
April 18, 2012, 01:27 AM
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=97_130

CZ Mec-Gar mags, good shipping prices, 40cal 12 and the 12+2 with extended base

Pilot
April 18, 2012, 06:14 AM
The CZ-75D PCR is my main carry gun. With its compact, alloy frame, its relatively light, easy to conceal, accurate and reliable, while still holdiing 15 rounds of 9MM. It is a G19 beater for sure. (nothing wrong with a G19). It can and does, triple duty for carry, home defense, and range work. It is THAT accurate.

CZ makes a fine range gun. Owned two. IMO there are better options for everything else.

Czech again sir. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 75B in .40s&w" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!