How do I confirm I'm a C&R Licensee?

PDA

Smaug
April 16, 2012, 06:55 AM
I applied for my C&R License last year. The ATF cashed my check. They sent me a HUGE package of information, including a hardcopy of the C&R weapons and so forth.

But I did not receive anything that looks like a license.

I just finished looking around the ATF's website. The FFL list has a column for the different types of FFL licenses, but there are no Type 03s on there.

So how the heck can I confirm if I'm (or if someone else is, for that matter) a C&R licensee.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "How do I confirm I'm a C&R Licensee?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Twmaster
April 16, 2012, 07:11 AM
Your best bet is to call the ATF and ask what your status is.

03 FFLs are not listed in the EZCheck system.

Steve in PA
April 16, 2012, 09:28 AM
You will be sent a license. The books and stuff usually show up at different times.

o Unforgiven o
April 16, 2012, 09:57 AM
This is what the license will look like.

http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/03FFL4WebEC.jpg

squarles67
April 16, 2012, 10:39 AM
My packet with the books came way before the actual license.

Quoheleth
April 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
My packet was here a week, maybe ten days, before my license.

The license will be in a white envelope that looks like junk mail and only has FFLC as the return adressee (with the address, of course).

edit to add: I just saw "last year" in your OP. My license took something like 30 days from application in the mail to my license arriving. Yep...time to call.

Q

crankyoldlady
April 16, 2012, 07:04 PM
My license came in about three weeks. The "packet" with DVD showed up about two weeks after the license.

CoRoMo
April 17, 2012, 01:51 PM
so how the heck can i confirm ... If someone else is... A c&r licensee.
1-866-662-2750 (ATF Atlanta)

Smaug
May 14, 2012, 01:49 AM
Damn damn damn. I either threw it out as junk mail or was denied for some reason then. I can't see why they'd go to the expense of sending all that junk to people who were denied.

I also read in the paperwork somewhere that they might call me to confirm I'm for real. I either didn't get a call or they tried and didn't leave a message.

Twmaster
May 14, 2012, 05:32 AM
Dude, have you called them??

If you enjoyed reading about "How do I confirm I'm a C&R Licensee?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!