Do we have any clergy near Knob Creek?

PDA

bogie
February 16, 2004, 12:55 PM
Arne and Linda are threatening to get married again... On the range. They need to know about licenses, permits, availability of knot tyer, etc...

If you enjoyed reading about "Do we have any clergy near Knob Creek?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bogie
February 16, 2004, 04:49 PM
Bumpage - need some help, folks... If we're gonna start with the planning for the first part of April, we're already burnin' daylight...

Anyone near Louisville get married recently? Arne & Linda need to know what sort of licensing/permits will be required, etc., if they'll need to come down early, etc... They're gonna try to do the deed on the range in between firing sessions, or maybe right before night shoot...

Weimadog
February 16, 2004, 08:30 PM
Hello Bogie,

I don't know of any clergy, but if they need some music for the ceremony, I could provide it. I plan on attending the Knob Creek shoot.

I played for a couple in Forest Park last month. The man was proposing marriage. He wanted to do so outside, at their favorite place, in 23 degree weather :scrutiny: . I've done all sorts of gigs, but one at a firing range would be a new one.

I already have some firearm themed music, like from the soundtrack of "The Patriot".

Playing a recessional followed by the din of automatic gunfire would be very cool.

Weimadog

Preacherman
February 16, 2004, 09:18 PM
Well, if you bribe me with an airline ticket, I daresay something could be arranged... :D

SMLE
February 16, 2004, 09:19 PM
This could give a whole new meaning to the term "shotgun wedding"! :D

Mal H
February 16, 2004, 10:48 PM
Do we know Arne and Linda - by some other names perhaps?

bogie
February 17, 2004, 11:50 AM
They're some friends of Kay, the Wendinator and myself... Arne is a machinist, and makes adapters to allow drums, etc., to be used by rifles which they were never meant to fit. Which means that you can have a drum for your FAL, etc...

Met them and their family at KCR back in 98, and we've been camping together ever since. They're not much on the internet, but several folks from here have met 'em...

Weimadude... Are you planning to camp? Actually, you're expected to camp... We've got extra tents, etc...

garrettwc
February 18, 2004, 12:37 PM
bogie, KY is a justice of the peace state.

My sister got married in the county clerk's office. All you needed is papers and the appropriate legal person to preside.

I'm at work right now, but in the Louisville yellow pages there are listings for several JOP's that advertise "services performed anywhere".

Anyone remember which side of the county line Knob Creek is?

Once you know that you can call the county clerk for the appropriate county and they can give you all the particulars. Probably even have a list of "marryin' Sams" that are available.

Battlespace
February 18, 2004, 01:08 PM
Here you go: logos@searnet.com

Logos is an ordained pastor who used to visit Free Republic frequently. We had a sort of informal meeting at Knob Creek a couple of shoots ago. He lives about 75 miles away, but you can always ask. Tell him that "SLB" sent you his way, he will understand.

BluesBear
February 19, 2004, 08:27 AM
Knob Creek is in Hardin County isn't it?

Just barely South of Jefferson County and just west of Bullitt County.

I bet Junie and Nancy know of someone who'd be glad to officiate over the nuptuals.

bogie
February 19, 2004, 12:47 PM
Passed on the info, and just heard back that it looks like things will be taken care of.

Guys, it's gonna be a party...

If you enjoyed reading about "Do we have any clergy near Knob Creek?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!