.223 Rem .69 SMK Load Help!

PDA

ba9780m1
April 16, 2012, 08:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Have beenreloading rifle for about 2 years now using a accruate load out of my Savage Model 12 Targe Riflre. Load is as follows:

CCI 400 Primers
69 Gr. SMK BTHP
Rem Case AOL of case 1.755
23.9 Gr. Vartget
COAL 2.355 Yes I know its long but I used a Hornady AOL Headspace gage
and I am resting the cartridge .25 off the Lands
Slight factory Die C
the above gives me a 2 inch group 300 yards 2 inches.
Now the problem im starting to feel small loose spotes in my barrel when i run a patch in the barrel i have cronie the loads and im in spec have shot about 1000 round through the barrel but i dont want to burn up the barrel
anybody have any thoughts? Help

If you enjoyed reading about ".223 Rem .69 SMK Load Help!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
April 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
Now the problem im starting to feel small loose spotes in my barrel. any thoughts? I thought, You aren't feeling loose spots.

You are feeling clean spots where there is not as much copper fouling.

Buy a bottle of copper solvent and use it.

rc

ssyoumans
April 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
Sweets 7.62 is pretty good at getting the copper fouling out. Works fast and you know you got it all when you don't see any more blue/green residue on your patches. Don't use a brass rod/jag etc or you'll never get a clean patch.

kelbro
April 16, 2012, 11:49 PM
Try some WipeOut or PatchOut.

If you enjoyed reading about ".223 Rem .69 SMK Load Help!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!