Walther P5

PDA

ohio58
April 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
I know of an older gentleman that needs to sell part of his gun collection. All of his guns are excellent examples of fine firearms, and most are with original boxes. One that i have been interested in is a beautiful Walther P5 with original box. The pistol has been fired a few times he has said.
He has a asking price of $925
I have seen them for less, but this is one fine Walther.
What do you guys think on this price?
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SharpsDressedMan
April 17, 2012, 05:10 PM
He is trying to get top dollar, or maybe above top dollar. If in like new condition, I'd offer $750 or $800, but if he wants more, I'd walk away. I have seen some nice guns at gun shows for $650-$700 not too long ago.

Phantom Captain
April 17, 2012, 05:13 PM
Is it the compact or the regular model?

I saw a regular model, used but in good condition with the box and everything at a gunshow about 8 months ago for $500 out the door.

Still kicking myself that I didn't grab it. :banghead:

bannockburn
April 17, 2012, 05:40 PM
ohio58

I would have to agree with Sharps on this one; the gentleman is definitely looking for the higher end dollar with his price of $925. I would come back with something around $775 to $825. To me top money would probably be $850 but it would have to be pristine, and come with the box and manual. Good luck with the negotiating.

chez323
April 17, 2012, 08:37 PM
i just picked up one with original box, paperwork and two factory mags mfg date of 1980 in excellent condition for $700 out the door. Its the only one I've seen in a gun show, and only seen one or two pop up for sale on the forum. Its your call, I think he's high on his asking price but all depends on how bad you want it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!