John Ross on TV in gun discussion

PDA

John Ross
April 18, 2012, 06:09 AM
Here's the video of me on a panel discussion of gun issues that aired Saturday, April 14 on KPLR-11 at 7PM.

http://kplr11.com/2012/04/16/st-louis-pulse-nra-meeting-meaning/

MODS: Please put this somewhere else if it doesn't belong in General Gun Discussions.

If you enjoyed reading about "John Ross on TV in gun discussion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flopsweat
April 18, 2012, 08:24 AM
For those that see 5 videos and wonder which one John is in, he's in all but the 3rd one. They're worth watching.

John, the Tiahrt Amendment to which your colleague referred was enacted to deny private parties access to gun trace data. Private organizations (Brady) were trying FOIA the data inappropriately. It also requires that queries be specific to an investigation - you don't use it to "fish" for cases, but rather to solve cases. It is often misrepresented as not allowing law enforcement to trace a gun that is used in a crime. Nothing could be further from the truth. An FFL holder or personal defense trainer would not necessarily be familiar with it, because it does not affect them in any practical way. There is a good, concise write-up on it here: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-cleveland/what-is-the-tiahrt-amendment

Thank you very much for participating in that discussion. I'm just another firearm owner, but I personally feel that you represented "our side" very well, and showed a lot of class in handling the stereotypical insults and misinformation offered by the gentleman directly to your right. It was quite clear who took which road.

berettaprofessor
April 18, 2012, 03:08 PM
Nicely done John. I especially appreciated that you took great lengths to point out you were not a paid or official NRA spokesperson and your opinions were not your own. That's High Road, right there.

I was also a little PO'ed that the NRA declined to send a representative although they were invited....but then I expect to be represented by an organization that never misses an opportunity, no matter how rough it may get for them.

HankR
April 18, 2012, 05:17 PM
Well done, sir.

NelsErik
April 18, 2012, 06:11 PM
John,
I have bought and given your book away 28 times to date. I have given it to everyone I know who I think will actually read it. Thank you for the great book!

When you are done in MO, can you move up to IL and see if you can straighten them out too?

captain awesome
April 18, 2012, 08:12 PM
John, well done. I can't stand those pigheaded rude democratic spokesmen, you handled yourself well.

SleazyRider
April 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
I liked what you said (and I'm paraphrasing) about the NRA being powerful because it is right on the RTKBA issues and therefore has a wide base, not because it is some self-serving special interest controlled by fat cats. NRA bashers should hear this.

You conducted yourself like a true gentleman, and one that projects a positive image of gun owners to the unindoctrinated. Are you listening, Ted Nugent?:barf:

Gun owners everwhere should be in your debt, John!

ErikO
April 18, 2012, 11:36 PM
John, thanks again for the link. :)

TennJed
April 20, 2012, 02:12 AM
Good stuff, thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "John Ross on TV in gun discussion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!