Feel sorry for the mailman

PDA

Tinpan58
April 19, 2012, 01:05 AM
Just got a shipment from rotometals today 60lbs of lead the maintenance man where I live brought it to the door, said the mailman could not lift it, the mail man came by to make sure I got it. They ship in a flat rate box that is smaller than the shoe box in the picture, but as there motto goes if it fits it ships

If you enjoyed reading about "Feel sorry for the mailman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Busyhands94
April 19, 2012, 01:21 AM
I wonder if he guessed there was lead inside, that's pretty heavy for a shoebox sized package!

JohnKSa
April 19, 2012, 01:32 AM
Apparently the UPS man can outlift the mailman. He delivered 62lbs of 9mm ammo today with no problems or complaints. :D

I did apologize for it's being so heavy.

wittzo
April 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
My UPS man got used to it, sort of, after I bought a few cases of 5.56 and 7.62 a few years ago. He was really amused when I bought some tires for my truck from tirerack.com. They just wrapped the shipping label under some tape and used cord to tie them together. :)

Ultravox
April 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
The first time I had a box of bullets delivered it arrived on a Saturday and I was on the front porch when the mailman walked up.

We had a nice discussion about guns and shooting (he has a 10mm something.) :)

BE Wild Willy
April 19, 2012, 10:15 PM
What was the total cost shipped Tinpan58? Is the lead pure soft lead?

arcticap
April 19, 2012, 10:42 PM
They have shipping and purity options, but generally it's about $2 per pound shipped for pure lead.

52 - 55 lbs. pig ingot:

http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/55_lbs._of_lead.htm

All bulk lead:

http://www.rotometals.com/Lead-Products-s/20.htm

Cosmoline
April 19, 2012, 10:45 PM
UPS guys are stronger, for sure. Ever look at the CL missed connections? All the women want is the UPS man. The rest of us have no chance. I've never once seen an ad longing for the postman.

But seriously if you are shipping weird things, the private carriers are liable to be able to deal with it better.

Tinpan58
April 19, 2012, 11:39 PM
It cost $2.10 a lb for 60 lbs or more if you buy less its $2.19 a lb 99.9% pure free shipping for $99.00 plus order, they sent me a internet only coupon for 10% off last week so the total cost was $121.76 shipped. They are very good, I ordered it sunday nite, shipped monday had it wed. canít ask for better than that. I live in so. cal. and they are located up around SF area, they say 2-6 business days, its my 2 order and they get it out the door nice clean ingots easy to work with.

If you enjoyed reading about "Feel sorry for the mailman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!