Positive Machine Gun article by New York Times!

PDA

Midwest
April 21, 2012, 12:13 PM
Not sure where this would go. It is about NFA and machine guns, yet it is firearm related and not strictly legal. I don't think I have seen this posted here at THR yet.

There is a good write up in the the NY Times about visitors going to Las Vegas to shoot machine guns. Actually this is a pretty positive piece as it talks about how people are going to Vegas not to gamble ...but to shoot machine guns!

People rather shoot than to see a strip show and the clientile seems to be 50/50 locals and visitors. The article mention American and International visitors to the range.

" Interest in guns is high in Nevada, particularly among tourists from countries that ban weapons. “From England, from Japan,” said Jasmine King, a former go-go dancer who now works as a hostess at Machine Guns Vegas."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/us/las-vegas-gun-range-offers-new-way-to-let-loose.html?pagewanted=all

If you enjoyed reading about "Positive Machine Gun article by New York Times!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
zedsdead
April 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
'not strictly legal.'

What's the illegal part?

Neverwinter
April 21, 2012, 12:23 PM
'not strictly legal.'

What's the illegal part?
Legal as in the subforum under Social Situations.

It's unfortunate that Americans are traveling to do something that they should be able to do at the gun range back home.

Midwest
April 21, 2012, 12:24 PM
'not strictly legal.'

What's the illegal part?
I'm talking about the LEGAL section on THR. I thought it belonged in the General Gun Discussions instead of the LEGAL SECTION...sorry I wasn't more clear....

Madcap_Magician
April 21, 2012, 05:51 PM
If by "positive" story you mean "not as blatantly negative as the usually NYT hit piece..."

If you enjoyed reading about "Positive Machine Gun article by New York Times!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!