olympic arms umar

PDA

blindhog1964
April 22, 2012, 12:58 PM
Can anyone tell me where I could find one of these rifles for sell. I have been looking for one and have not found one anywhere. I want one in 25 wssm.

If you enjoyed reading about "olympic arms umar" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jerkface11
April 22, 2012, 02:54 PM
Can't you just order the upper?

blindhog1964
April 22, 2012, 03:20 PM
The 25 wssm upper I can find but the umar lower is different than a standard lower. I want the whole rifle but can't find it anywhere. I don't have a dealer anywhere near me that even deals in Olympic Arms so I need to buy and have it transfered.

blindhog1964
April 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
I should also say that the umar lower will allow cartridges with a col of 2.42 inches, which would allow the use of heavier higher bc bullets.

rcmodel
April 22, 2012, 04:06 PM
I don't have a dealer anywhere near me that even deals in Olympic Arms
See this about that:
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=15

rc

blindhog1964
April 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks Rc I will call them and see what they say but all the lgd's in my area don't carry them and act as if they would not bother with odering me one from them.They just say we can't get them.

DammitBoy
April 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Good luck on getting anything out of olyarms...

rcmodel
April 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't buy a dog collar from them anyway.

I still have never forgiven them for this:
http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

rc

jerkface11
April 22, 2012, 05:04 PM
You don't forgive them for the ATF enforcing draconian gun laws?

DammitBoy
April 23, 2012, 01:29 PM
I don't forgive olyarms for having the worst customer service I've ever experienced in 52 years on this planet.

I couldn't force them to take my money for their parts that I needed for a build.

When your parts dept. says, "we don't have that in stock and we have no idea when we will be getting any more" - you have a problem. Especially when your website says the parts are "instock" and "currently available"...

blindhog1964
April 23, 2012, 07:14 PM
I knew this was going to bring up the bad about Oly but the truth is they are the only company that has an AR in any wssm calibers. I wish that weren't true but it is. I would rather see other companies offering these calibers so I could have an option, but this is not the case.

If you enjoyed reading about "olympic arms umar" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!