IMR 8208 XBR for 300 Savage

PDA

northwoods99
April 22, 2012, 01:31 PM
Has anyone work this combination yet? I can not find any information about putting the too together but I believe this will be a good powder for a 150 gr SST round.

If you enjoyed reading about "IMR 8208 XBR for 300 Savage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
788Ham
April 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
I've not used this powder, too new for my "old tastes". My Pop and I've always used IMR 3031 and IMR 4064 powders for our .300 reloads. In fact, I had my Pop's old Savage '99 up at the range this last week, not having shot it in 30 - 35 yrs., I was amazed at how good this work horse shoots. I believe you'll do alright with these 2 powders, not saying not to try the one suggested, these are tried and true reloads with 150 gr. bullets. We've always used Hornady bullets, #3031 SP, these were the ones used at the range I'd mentioned earlier. At 100 yds. I had 3 shots that were 1/2" under the bulls eye, all were just touching one another, open sights, 8" Shoot n See targets, 6 o'clock hold, with this kind of accuracy, I'm not changing a thing!

If you enjoyed reading about "IMR 8208 XBR for 300 Savage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!