I bought a T53 last week with what looks like an NVA marking. Can anyone confirm?

PDA

Vas
April 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
Where NVA is the North Vietnamese Army, not the National People's Army. I've seen the same marking (and the other star with a 1 in it) on SKSs with documentation on gunbroker, but never on a Nagant that I can recall. Any help is very much appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/YZVbe.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "I bought a T53 last week with what looks like an NVA marking. Can anyone confirm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountryUgly
April 25, 2012, 10:47 AM
It appears to be NVA markings but that is very different to see them on a T53. I'm sure they were used by the NVA but generally all I've ever seen those marks on were mostly SKS's and the occasional AK. Maybe you scored a jewel. I think it would be worth finding someone who is very familiar with NVA stuff and have them take a look. You might luck up and find out the gun is worth a bit more than the usual $99.00 price tag hanging on these guns. Good luck with your find and thanks for sharing. Oh and welcome to THR.

If you enjoyed reading about "I bought a T53 last week with what looks like an NVA marking. Can anyone confirm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!