Mossberg RM7 ??? desperate for info

PDA

TheSwede
April 25, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hi!

I've found a mossberg RM7 (.30-06) from the 80's. Where can I get info? I wanna know quality, barrel length etc details of the rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg RM7 ??? desperate for info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ash
May 11, 2012, 06:58 PM
The rifle is basically an evolved Mossberg 810 that uses a different kind of safety (and so, a slightly different bolt) as well as a rotary magazine instead of a hinged mag/floorplate design.

The 810 is a strong action, with 4 locking lugs, and comes with an Acro-gruv barrel not that different from the Microgroove barrels on Marlin rifles. It is a good rifle, but never really caught on. I have been looking for one, but only because I'm a Mossberg rifle guy. Rings and the like that fit the 810 will work on the RM-7. The trigger is adjustable and is a good one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg RM7 ??? desperate for info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!