Texas-US Senate

PDA

Guillermo
April 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
It is an interesting situation in Texas. David Dewhurst, established politician, has an "A" rating from the NRA.

Ted Cruz is an A+ "dark horse" that has received awards from the NRA for his work on Heller.

Wayne Lapierre says “Ted Cruz is one of our nation’s leading defenders of the Second Amendment.”

It is nice that even if the second best likely candidate is still strong. But I would encourage my fellow THR folks from Texas to start spreading the word about Ted Cruz. Get a yard sign. Bumper sticker.

It has been a long time since we had the chance to elect a true 2nd Amendment warrior.

This is a golden opportunity as gun owners if we get active.

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas-US Senate" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Dog Man
April 26, 2012, 05:47 PM
If the word is spread he may not look so good. Al

Guillermo
April 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
seriously

how often do we have this chance?

http://www.nra.org/Article.aspx?id=15654

wally
April 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
David Dewhurst, established politician, has an "A" rating from the NRA.

With a proven record of actually being effective in supporting the Second Amendment. In the real world, effectiveness in moving toward a goal is more important than ideological purity.

We need a Republican President, control of the Senate, and then Ted Cruiz appointed as a Federal Judge as grooming for the Supreme Court.

Robert
April 26, 2012, 06:23 PM
Keep it focused to their 2nd Amendment records and this can stay open. Stray off of that very specific topic and it will be locked.

EvilGenius
April 26, 2012, 07:00 PM
Noted.

Bartholomew Roberts
April 26, 2012, 07:21 PM
Both Ted Cruz and David Dewhurst have excellent Second Amendment records. One man argued in front of the Supreme Court for the Second Amendment. The other has been instrumental in getting TSRA-supported legislation passed in Texas.

My primary concern with Dewhurst is that most of his term he has had comfortable Republican majorities and even among Texas Democrats, the Second Amendment is still valued. I am concerned that he isn't going to be as successful with that same approach in D.C. I am sick of preserving the status quo. I want to send someone to D.C. who is going to push for positive change instead of move the ball forward a few inches. And I am also concerned that the Campus Carry and Parking Lot bills didn't get better support this last legislative session. The Campus Carry bill was defeated and the Parking Lot bill came close. Both of those defeats could have been avoided if the legislation had been fast-tracked. I don't know that Lt. Gov. Dewhurst bears all of the blame for that since it was primarily the Governor's decision; but I do hold the Republican legislative leadership as generally responsible for that.

Guillermo
April 26, 2012, 08:53 PM
gentlemen...

I am not suggesting anything bad about DD. Anything questionable has nothing to do w guns therefore not for discussion here.

TC, however, being elected, would be analogous to electing Wayne LaPierre to the Senate.

This is a unique opportunity for gun owners.

He not only supports the 2nd Amendment..he fights for it.

GEM
April 26, 2012, 08:56 PM
Supposedly, Bart - in the TSRA magazine, it was indicated that Coyote Perry was asked to fast track campus carry and didn't.

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas-US Senate" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!