Doing away with CLEO signature?

PDA

22lr
April 26, 2012, 06:42 PM
Ok so this story broke today, anyone have details like a timeline for this rollback? Or likelihood of it actually happening?

http://www.guns.com/atf-and-doj-remove-cleo-signature.html

If this is true and this actually happens, I have at least 3 NFA items that ill be ordering ASAP. My CLEO was always happy to sign stuff, but I now live out of state (Military) and still a resident of my hometown. So if this actually happens this would remove a giant PITA requirement for me. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Doing away with CLEO signature?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
April 26, 2012, 06:57 PM
Cool, if this is true then can't wait! It's about time.

Bullnettles
April 26, 2012, 07:01 PM
Wow, good find. I'll be awaiting this to come to pass!

Prince Yamato
April 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
This article is correct but the ETA for all of this is about a year or more. They have to get details sorted out.

Quiet
April 27, 2012, 05:26 AM
This was talked about last year.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=569547&highlight=CLEO

Walther P99
April 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
This comes up every so often on every gun-related board I've seen and I'll believe it when I see it..

I even called the NFA branch of the ATF a little while back and they knew nothing about it, saying the only place they heard it from is from people like me calling in.

If the CLEO signature is a problem (like it was for me), you can always go the trust route.

Bubbles
April 27, 2012, 09:05 AM
It's in the works but will have to go through the same administrative process required to change any CFR. I'd expect it's at least a year out if not more.

Blackhawk30
April 27, 2012, 09:48 AM
Its not happening.ATF doesn't want to make it easier to own NFA.
ATF can change the 4473 3 times in a year but they can't take the CLEO sig off the forms?

jmorris
April 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
That's why I made a trust, don't have to get a signature, photos and finger prints every time I want to build or buy a new toy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Doing away with CLEO signature?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!