The Latest Poorchase

PDA

Flatbush Harry
April 27, 2012, 12:09 AM
So I broke down and bought a NIB Ruger 77 RSI in .270 Win today (full Mannlicher stock, adjustable sights, 18.5" bbl)...nice wood, good bluing, nice trigger, etc. that I just "had to have" for $749. While waiting to buy dies, brass and bullets, I bought a box each ($22.50) of Rem 130gr and 150gr CoreLokt for function test and preliminary sighting tomorrow or this weekend. I've found CoreLokt to be pretty fair factory ammo as a comparator. Tomorrow, I'm going to get dies and components and a nice compact 2-1/2-8x36 Leupy VX-3.

When I got home, my wife asked me if I needed another rifle. I responded by saying every rifle after my first one was not a "need" question, but rather a "want" question. She laughed and said, "I didn't think guys understood themselves that well." LOL.

FH

If you enjoyed reading about "The Latest Poorchase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Omaha-BeenGlockin
April 27, 2012, 12:22 AM
Pics?

RPRNY
April 27, 2012, 01:18 AM
++ on pics.

Would enjoy a good drool. I really like the Mannlicher stocked 77s and No 1s. I want one in 6.5x55. Sako does a very nice one but at a nasty price. Jealous of your excellent acquisition.

Flatbush Harry
April 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
I haven't taken pics, but I've got a Ruger 77RSI in .308 stainless and now in blue in .270 Win. I picked up a No. 1 last year in 6.5x55 SE but it's got the regular short fore-end. I almost ordered a No. 1 international in 7x57 but went with the 77RSI NIB.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/rugerM77RSI.gif

FH

If you enjoyed reading about "The Latest Poorchase" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!