M1 Funnin' and Gunnin' VIDEO

PDA

PTMCCAIN
April 28, 2012, 10:41 AM
How many of you have, and love, the M1 Carbine? It's by far one of my most favorite guns to shoot. It is remarkable light, and easy to shoot, and a real joy to maintain. Just wish the ammo was a bit less expensive. [I know, I should reload!].

Here's a video I made of my 1944 Inland, WWII era M1.

http://youtu.be/Wqq_-3J7w1s?hd=1

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Funnin' and Gunnin' VIDEO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bushpilot
April 28, 2012, 02:14 PM
I think M1 carbines are great guns; handy, fun to shoot. I have a 8/44, Inland too! I know people who will disagree with me but I also think it's one of the few rifles/carbines out there that, with the right bullet type, really make sense as a home defense gun. I'm surprised they aren't more popular then they are.

PTMCCAIN
April 28, 2012, 02:15 PM
Actually, on Domesday Preppers I saw a guy with one.

: )

Husker_Fan
April 28, 2012, 04:55 PM
I made a three-point sling for my Underwood and used it for a carbine class. That was a lot of fun. The ergonomics are really pretty good for defensive work.

PTMCCAIN
April 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sounds fun.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
April 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
Been wanting to pick one up

PTMCCAIN
April 28, 2012, 06:40 PM
I picked up my first one via Gunbroker, after researching carefully what I wanted. I paid a fair price. I picked up my second one from a private party on a gun forum, a very nice specimen.

Tommygunn
April 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
Actually, on Domesday Preppers I saw a guy with one.

They made another iteration of the show "Doomsday Preppers" and no one told me?:fire::evil::scrutiny::what:

;)

steveo452
April 28, 2012, 06:50 PM
I to love a real GI carbine. I had a very nice Rock-ola. Ran in to a guy in 2006 that liked It more than me. He offered me $1000.00 I sold It to buy a Bushmaster AR15. I wish I could take that deal back.:banghead:

PTMCCAIN
April 29, 2012, 06:33 AM
Ouch

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Funnin' and Gunnin' VIDEO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!