357 "armscor" brass question

PDA

THe Dove
April 29, 2012, 03:53 PM
Does anybody have personal experience with reloading these? I have just come into about 100 of them and am having a hard time de-priming them. It seams I'm gonna have to extend/lenghthen the de-capping pin on my die???? I haven't had any issues with other brands of brass.

The Dove

If you enjoyed reading about "357 "armscor" brass question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
April 29, 2012, 03:57 PM
No experiance.

But if the depriming pin isn't extending clear out of the primer pocket at full ram travel?
It needs adjusting anyway.

rc

ReloaderFred
April 29, 2012, 05:24 PM
I load them and don't have any problem. Like rc says, check and make sure your decapping pin extends far enough. Also make sure there isn't a burr or flat spot on the tip of the decapping pin that would be drawing the primer back up into the primer pocket with you withdraw the case from the die. Some anvils will also pinch onto the decapping pin, due to their shape, and polishing the tip of the pin will cure most of those problems.

Hope this helps.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "357 "armscor" brass question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!