G36 vs 1911 grip size

PDA

eldon519
April 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a side-by-side picture of a G36 and 1911 magwell? I Google searched for quite a while but came up with nothing. I'd just like to see a comparison of the grip size. I'm working overseas right now or else I would just go down to the LGS and compare them.

If you enjoyed reading about "G36 vs 1911 grip size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dubya450
May 1, 2012, 02:38 AM
No pics but I was at the range on Sunday and today shooting both pistols. Sunday I tried out my buddies kimber custom cdp or whatever it was and ended up actually buying a glock 36 today and although I didn't get to shoot them side by side (he didn't come to the range today) I'd say they're fairly close in total grip circumference. The 1911 may have been a teeny bit smaller overall but i can't say for certain. The g36 really is nice, comfortable and small, for a block.... I mean glock lol. Hope that helped at least a little if you're trying to compare grip size.

Cory

rskent
May 2, 2012, 05:36 PM
I love my G36 but it aint no 1911. There is (in my humble opinion) nothing
more shootable than a good 1911.

Have a great day
Steve

eldon519
May 3, 2012, 04:50 PM
Thank you both for your input. I especially appreciate the pictures to help me get a visual for it. I may have to rent a G36 when I get home to double check. I can't explain it, but for some reason, I don't care for the 1911 grip that much and somehow the more rectangular look of the Glock strikes me as though it might suit me better than the oval-shape of the 1911. I've considered trying to take the grips off of my 1911 and shoot it that way, but I don't know how safe it would be to do so. I don't think it would be a problem unless a case gave out.

If you enjoyed reading about "G36 vs 1911 grip size" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!