RIA Tactical or RIA Match

PDA

Hunterdad
April 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
I have a Regent 1911 I plan on selling and want to pick up a RIA. I just can't decide if I want the Tactical or Match (.45). It will be used for some informal 3-gun matches and just normal range gun. The tactical is in stock everywhere I've looked but the Match is no where to be found.

I don't mind possibly waiting for the match, but am wondering if it's really worth it for what I want it for.

Any help or insight is appreciated!

Thanks
Adam

If you enjoyed reading about "RIA Tactical or RIA Match" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
allaroundhunter
April 30, 2012, 08:52 PM
I don't think they produce the "match" version anymore.

Personally, I like the Novak-style sights on the Tactical model. If you want to change the sights, it is just as easy as with most any other 1911.

smalls
April 30, 2012, 08:56 PM
I've heard different. I heard they were "Novak like" that required a little bit of filing to fit right with replacement sights.

allaroundhunter
April 30, 2012, 09:01 PM
I've heard different. I heard they were "Novak like" that required a little bit of filing to fit right with replacement sights.
Here is from the 1911 forum (Senior Member Night Al):
there are a lot of sights out there you can buy to fit your pistol, any sights that will fit a series 70 GI. pistol will your RIA MS pistol, their ad may say GI., standard cut, mil spec. all of these will fit your pistol, maybe the best way to explain it is that the GI.

smalls
May 1, 2012, 09:48 AM
I stand corrected.
He's also right, they no longer make the match pistol. The tactical is a great shooter, though.

Hunterdad
May 1, 2012, 12:49 PM
Just called RIA. The Match has not been discontinued, but is currently not in production and was told they do not know when they will be.

So, looks like I'm rolling with the tactical.

tekarra
May 1, 2012, 08:57 PM
I do not think you will be disappointed with the Tactical.

sam05
May 1, 2012, 09:27 PM
i recently traded into a new ria tactical, and i love it. i personally really like the novak or novak style sights as they may be. i do not think you or anyone for that matter would be disappointed in one of them.

thanks
sam

Hunterdad
May 1, 2012, 09:42 PM
Excellent! I can't wait to get it.

Furncliff
May 1, 2012, 09:43 PM
My wife gave me the tactical for Christmas about 4 years ago. Every time I shoot it I'm pleasantly surprised all over again. Reliable and accurate, not expensive.

Fishslayer
May 2, 2012, 01:15 AM
I do not think you will be disappointed with the Tactical.

Nor do I. I believe Dawson Precision makes an adjustable sight for the Tactical.

Unless they've changed it's my understanding that the dovetails on the 1911 Tactical are not standard Novak.

harmon rabb
May 2, 2012, 10:36 PM
My wife gave me the tactical for Christmas about 4 years ago. Every time I shoot it I'm pleasantly surprised all over again. Reliable and accurate, not expensive.
I traded a j-frame for mine. Very good gun for the price. Mine has never malfunctioned, despite the fact I'm pretty lazy about maintaining it (i hate FLGR's). Not the prettiest gun out there, but if you want a budget 1911 that will work, I don't see how you can beat one.

allaroundhunter
May 5, 2012, 04:23 PM
If it isn't too late, budsgunshop.com has the match version in stock

Hunterdad
May 5, 2012, 06:03 PM
Damn! I actually just picked up my tactical yesterday.

If you enjoyed reading about "RIA Tactical or RIA Match" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!