Lewisville, TX Gun Show Reveiws?

PDA

Flynt
April 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
Has anybody been the any of the gun shows that are the Lewsiville Special Events Center? There was one this past weekend. The location was convenient to where I live, but I'm a little dubious about whether it would be worthwhile. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lewisville, TX Gun Show Reveiws?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
animator
April 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
Never been to Lewisville's shows, but the last market hall show was one of the biggest I've seen in a long time. Prices weren't anything to get on the internet and brag about, but there were some deals to be had...

I'd have gone to the Lewisville show if I had any extra cash at the time...

orionengnr
April 30, 2012, 10:34 PM
I've been to two Lewisville shows (out of three held so far).

Compared to the Market Hall show (which I seldom miss), the Lewisville show is smaller.

But a number of the vendors that I have done business with from Market Hall show up for the Lewisville show, which is a plus for me.

And you don't have to stand in a mile-long line to get in--another serious plus.

It is also smaller than the Big Town show, which is my second favorite (but it's been a year or more since I've been to Big Town, which also has long lines and big crowds).

It is smaller than "some" Fort Worth shows, and about the same size as others, depending on the show.
But Ft. Worth is a good drive and they started charging for parking about a year ago, which is two strikes. Only one or two of my favorite vendors shows up at Fort worth.

The Lewisville show is close by, which is a plus. The only major downside is that the facility is seriously short on rest rooms for its size.

I can spend three or four hours at a Market Hall show...unfortunately, I spend half taht time trying to see over the throng's shoulders.
I can get through the Lewisville show in about half that time and see "almost everything".

IMHO, it is still a reasonably well kept secret with good parking and easy access, and is not (yet) too crowded. Go, check it out for yourself, and report back.
Eight bucks, and you can download a coupon which gets you $1 off. Or your active or retired miulitary ID is good for a buck off.
Would you rather give your money to and spend your time with like-minded people, or go to a movie and have your money go to Hollywood? No brainer for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lewisville, TX Gun Show Reveiws?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!