Target scope source?

PDA

ford8nr
May 1, 2012, 12:14 PM
I'm looking for a long 10x scope to put on a Win 52 target rifle. I'm looking for an Unertle or Rem 3200 style. Has anyone have experience with Dewy at alexweb.net?

If you enjoyed reading about "Target scope source?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ford8nr
May 1, 2012, 12:16 PM
Should be Redfield 3200 not Rem.

SlamFire1
May 1, 2012, 02:27 PM
A Redfield 3200 will fit on to those dovetails on the barrel of your Win 52. Try to find one with redfield rings, the original rings have knobs and just require a coin to tighten to the base.

I found lense caps on Gunbroker. They are being made new, cost $40.00

I recommend a scope in the 16X to 24 X range. I have been using a 16X Redfield 3200, I can clearly see what I am doing at 50 yards, for shots at 100 yards I need to use my spotting scope to pick the last round out of cluster, but I can see all the rings and I can see the grass moving left or right of the target.

You can find these on gunbroker.

ford8nr
May 1, 2012, 03:22 PM
I want it for 50 yd benchrest and 50 ft indoor 4 position. So I'm thinking much over 10x indoor might be much.

Edarnold
May 1, 2012, 07:21 PM
For gallery shooting in 4 position, I agree 10x should be plenty. Might want to see if you can find a Lyman Targetspot or a small objective Unertl, either one should do the job and be much less expensive than the Redfield.

If you enjoyed reading about "Target scope source?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!