Classic CZ 75 added to my collection

PDA

hAkron
May 1, 2012, 06:38 PM
Here's my sexy '92 Pre-B
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-xij2yDrCYfw/T6BksBQd-6I/AAAAAAAAAQM/0RUkzjCHJEo/s720/IMAGE_B7DEFF8C-DC48-4A79-98E8-985B02DDDB6E.JPG

If you enjoyed reading about "Classic CZ 75 added to my collection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hAkron
May 1, 2012, 07:42 PM
A few more
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KfeUugaW6IM/T6B0oEjaUJI/AAAAAAAAAQg/-jfchBg7YkQ/s720/IMAGE_CA819BF0-265C-4AA9-9C2D-AAC5E81EDA3C.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-iBH51CMf1wM/T6B0vcN09vI/AAAAAAAAAQw/3NTYPnOoyQ8/s720/IMAGE_D74268E9-8A3D-4397-95C5-7B5600B2F489.JPG

meanmrmustard
May 1, 2012, 07:44 PM
Love em, love em, love em. I'm, sadly, thinking off selling off the CZ 75 Cold War Commemorative for a Glock 20. Please talk me out of it.

Nice pair of VZ grips, and that girl would REALLY shine.:)

tekarra
May 1, 2012, 07:55 PM
Very nice, the 75 is a great pistol. Mine are better shooters than the 75B.

mean,
Please say you are not serious about selling your 75 Clod War for a Glock.

meanmrmustard
May 1, 2012, 07:57 PM
Very nice, the 75 is a great pistol. Mine are better shooters than the 75B.

mean,
Please say you are not serious about selling your 75 Clod War for a Glock.
But I can't help it!!! That the only Glock I'd own!

On another note, why is your pre B more accurate? That a challenge :)!!!!

shrewd
May 1, 2012, 08:00 PM
wow, very nice

hAkron
May 1, 2012, 08:14 PM
By the way, that was 'a few more' pictures of the same gun. I don't have 3 of them...yet

meanmrmustard
May 1, 2012, 08:21 PM
By the way, that was 'a few more' pictures of the same gun. I don't have 3 of them...yet
Ha!...yet. They are addictive, this is certain. But, accuracy and reliability out of what I believe to be the perfect battle/range/defense pistol will do that to some folks.

hAkron
May 1, 2012, 08:32 PM
Love em, love em, love em. I'm, sadly, thinking off selling off the CZ 75 Clod War for a Glock 20. Please talk me out of it.

Nice pair of VZ grips, and that girl would REALLY shine.:)

Glocks are a dime a dozen. Keep your Cold War Era CZ and save a few bucks then buy your Glock and have the best of both worlds!

I have a set of VZ 'frag' grips on my 75B stainless and you are right, they're excellent!

larryh1108
May 1, 2012, 08:33 PM
Glocks are a dime a dozen. That Cold War CZ75 isn't. Sure, make the trade and spend the rest of your life telling us how you regretted it. Get a Glock but don't sell the CZ.

hAkron
May 1, 2012, 08:36 PM
Ha!...yet. They are addictive, this is certain. But, accuracy and reliability out of what I believe to be the perfect battle/range/defense pistol will do that to some folks.

Agreed! I have 3 other CZ handguns, 75D PCR, a 75B stainless, and an 82 in 9x18 Makarov. I also have a CZ 915 12 ga semi auto shotgun, and in the CZ clone part of the gun safe, I have a Springfield P9 Tanfoglio import in .40 S&W...That's just my only Pre-B.

meanmrmustard
May 1, 2012, 08:47 PM
Glocks are a dime a dozen. That Cold War CZ75 isn't. Sure, make the trade and spend the rest of your life telling us how you regretted it. Get a Glock but don't sell the CZ.
Urg. Okay, I'll keep it. Thanks for talking me off the ledge.

hAkron
May 1, 2012, 08:58 PM
Here is a picture of the whole CZ family (and their Springfield Armory P9 clone cousin)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QL7BdqXR4-Q/T6CD8CScReI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/uqskIwWsJCk/s1152/IMAGE_34E7103D-3D4F-4820-8DAB-23F4EF8C8D0B.JPG

meanmrmustard
May 1, 2012, 09:07 PM
Purely sexy.

Kiln
May 2, 2012, 01:25 AM
Urg. Okay, I'll keep it. Thanks for talking me off the ledge.
Trust me on this one, you're making the right choice.

I had a Glock 22 and didn't like it, they just don't fit the hand well for me. The CZ75 on the other hand is a nice hefty gun that fits almost every hand comfortably.

Either will do you well as a sidearm but try finding a catastrophic failure of a CZ75 reported online. I tried and was not successful.

meanmrmustard
May 2, 2012, 02:17 AM
Trust me on this one, you're making the right choice.

I had a Glock 22 and didn't like it, they just don't fit the hand well for me. The CZ75 on the other hand is a nice hefty gun that fits almost every hand comfortably.

Either will do you well as a sidearm but try finding a catastrophic failure of a CZ75 reported online. I tried and was not successful.
I know, iknow. It was a silly thought. But there's always the Witness or Sarsilmaz in 10mm, they are cheaper.

hAkron, you shoot it yet?

hAkron
May 2, 2012, 07:13 AM
Haven't shot it yet, sometime this week though.

Fishbed77
May 2, 2012, 10:39 AM
The slape of the slide on the earlier CZ75s (like the OP's) is so much nicer than the blocky new ones.

HDCamel
May 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
Ever time I see "classic" or "original" Cz 75 and it turns out to be a Pre-B instead of a short-rail, my heart sinks.

NG VI
May 2, 2012, 03:58 PM
Sarsilmaz makes a 10mm too?

SwampWolf
May 2, 2012, 04:36 PM
I prefer the looks of the older, rounded trigger guards over the squared-off ones (like my Model 85B has).

meanmrmustard
May 2, 2012, 04:59 PM
Sarsilmaz makes a 10mm too?
Sho Nuff.

I dont care for the rounded trigger guard. I like having the newer guard as I have a place to rest my weak hands index finger.

ifit
May 2, 2012, 05:09 PM
nice pr-b 75. i would rather have a pr-b cz75 than a cold war edition cz....not so fond of havin a star/hammer and sickel engraved on a cz.

SharpsDressedMan
May 2, 2012, 05:45 PM
:D http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/matquig/DSC04244.jpg

meanmrmustard
May 2, 2012, 08:19 PM
nice pr-b 75. i would rather have a pr-b cz75 than a cold war edition cz....not so fond of havin a star/hammer and sickel engraved on a cz.
You'd be hard pressed to find one even if you DID like it.

Which I do, as many simpler folk don't get the irony. Some of us do, and that makes it worthwhile to me and 998 other owners. You'll understand someday.

Don't be too jealous. :rolleyes: But this isn't about my BA pistol, it's about the OPs new addition.

meanmrmustard
May 2, 2012, 08:22 PM
Very pretty!

HDCamel
May 2, 2012, 09:58 PM
:d http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/matquig/dsc04244.jpg
so jealous!!!

hAkron
May 2, 2012, 10:35 PM
Ever time I see "classic" or "original" Cz 75 and it turns out to be a Pre-B instead of a short-rail, my heart sinks.

Sorry to mislead you, if it had been a short rail version I would have said 'Original CZ'. I try to avoid the term Pre-b because it makes people think it has something to do with the Clinton era hi capacity magazine bans which happened around the time CZ transitioned from the rounded trigger guard, spur hammer, to the more modern shaped trigger guard, ring hammer 'transitional' models before finally ending up with the CZ 75B. I've heard more than a few people call them Pre-ban CZ's.

Having said that, I do wish it was a short rail CZ.

ifit
May 3, 2012, 03:11 AM
meanmustard, trust me not at all jealous of not having a hammer and sickel on a cz75, you and 998 owner can keep it and enjoy it for me no thanks i never understood the hammer and sickel thing on a cz75...can you explain the reason behind it? but what the OP posted and sharped dressed man, now those are good example of a cz75 being jealous of not no hammer and sickel:rolleyes:, but thats just me. your opinions may vary as mine does

meanmrmustard
May 3, 2012, 05:19 AM
^If it's not your bag, then there really isn't a point explaining why CZ did it, especially since a simple Google search would fill you in. Never heard of a BAD example of a CZ75, but to each his own I suppose. Considering that we at this point of the thread aren't discussing my pistol, you are beginning to sound trollish. I would implore you to peddle your opinions to those who asked for them, as I don't recall having done so. Good day, sir.

To the OP: I guess you should now try to find a short rail too, so no one gets confused! If I'd try explaining that to the fiancee, wouldn't go over so well :(

hAkron
May 3, 2012, 07:23 AM
i never understood the hammer and sickel thing on a cz75...can you explain the reason behind it?

It is a Cold War commemorative edition. Czechislovakia (as it was known in those days) was on the Communist side of the iron curtian. While the CZ 75 didn't play much of a role historically in the cold war, as the standard issue police and military weapons were usually chambered in 'Warsaw Pact' rounds such as 9x18 Makarov, the gun still existed.

meanmrmustard
May 3, 2012, 07:39 AM
It is a Cold War commemorative edition. Czechislovakia (as it was known in those days) was on the Communist side of the iron curtian. While the CZ 75 didn't play much of a role historically in the cold war, as the standard issue police and military weapons were usually chambered in 'Warsaw Pact' rounds such as 9x18 Makarov, the gun still existed.
I wouldn't bother explaining it, hAkron. Some folks just see roll marks and red stars, and dismiss the irony and artistic value behind it. Something that commemorates the 20th anniversary of the fall of Communism and tyranny in Eurasia doesn't sound appealing to some I guess. Never mind the naysayers.

Back to you: You shooting your new toy this weekend? Wouldn't mind hearing a range report.

hAkron
May 3, 2012, 11:01 AM
I stashed a range bag in the car this morning. I'm going to try to get my work done and cut out early today. I'll stop by the range for a FUNction test :)

hAkron
May 3, 2012, 11:06 AM

That's a sexy looking gun.

SharpsDressedMan
May 3, 2012, 12:33 PM
I sold that particular gun to Larry Vickers. Then I started missing a CZ, and found this one. I added the Marschal made grips. Never thought I'd find two short rails in one lifetime, but I did. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/matquig/DSC06114.jpg

Walt Sherrill
May 3, 2012, 03:21 PM
I thought the COLD WAR COMMEMORATIVE was a dumb idea, but really liked the RETRO version they offered a while back. The RETRO was a 75B that looked exactly like a pre-B. I think I'd buy one of those -- as it had the great looks of the old guns, with some of the enhancements of the newer guns (and a warranty.) With a good trigger job, it would be the best of BOTH types.

ifit
May 3, 2012, 05:01 PM
hakron thanks for explaining, appreceiated. its just sad to see a hammer and sickel(russia) on a cz75 that the russia never used. i 100% agree with walt sherill, bring back a true throw back of the original cz75 now....i will surely buy one:cool:

watch out walt, somebody here might get their feelings hurt, and tell you dont be jealous or label you as a being a troll by saying such things about his ARTISTIC "COLD WAR COMMEMORATIVE" limited edition russian cz75...my bad cz75......damn im confused;)

meanmrmustard
May 3, 2012, 05:35 PM
hakron thanks for explaining, appreceiated. its just sad to see a hammer and sickel(russia) on a cz75 that the russia never used. i 100% agree with walt sherill, bring back a true throw back of the original cz75 now....i will surely buy one:cool:

watch out walt, somebody here might get their feelings hurt, and tell you dont be jealous or label you as a being a troll by saying such things about his ARTISTIC "COLD WAR COMMEMORATIVE" limited edition russian cz75...my bad cz75......damn im confused;)
I wish I had a dollar every time folks said "Russia never used a CZ75, so it's dumb." No one said they did, CZ never said they did, I never said they did. Yes, you are indeed confused.

Beautiful thing is, I could care less about opinions of my arms by others (no offense to Walt, but he may keep his opinion as well). You stated your opinion (bearing in mind I did not ask for it I.e.: trolling) and you don't like my gun!!!!!- so move on. No
one likes a thread jack, trolling, or argument...so keep it on topic...please.

To Sharpdressedman: Seriously, how many times are you going to make me jealous in one thread!

Kiln
May 3, 2012, 06:50 PM
I'd like to have a "pre B" CZ75 just because of the spur hammer and rounded trigger guard.

meanmrmustard
May 3, 2012, 07:09 PM
I'd like to have a "pre B" CZ75 just because of the spur hammer and rounded trigger guard.
I think the more I'm seeing the short rail, I'd agree with you there. There's a '77 short rail at a shop about an hour away I called on earlier, but man do they want a small fortune!

hAkron
May 3, 2012, 07:10 PM
I sold that particular gun to Larry Vickers. Then I started missing a CZ, and found this one. I added the Marschal made grips. Never thought I'd find two short rails in one lifetime, but I did. http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/matquig/DSC06114.jpg

If the urge to sell that one strikes you, let me know

meanmrmustard
May 3, 2012, 07:22 PM
HAkron, you shoot it today?

hAkron
May 3, 2012, 07:30 PM
I did. I put 100 rounds through it. The sights took some getting used to, but once I figured them out I was putting the rounds where I wanted them. The only issue that I had is that the metal part that sits between the magazine floor plate and the spring must have been installed in th magazine backward. I noticed the dimple on it wasn't all the way in the hole on the floor plate but didn't bother to fix it. About the 4th mag insertion the whole mag came apart, so I put the mag back together correctly and continued on :)

Ash
May 3, 2012, 08:36 PM
Nice looking short rail.

ifit
May 4, 2012, 02:50 AM
wow, time for a hug;)
not mine but some eye candy i would surely love to own
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/picture20001_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/picture20005_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

meanmrmustard
May 4, 2012, 05:29 AM
^ I'd be changing them grips out, but other than that, sweet lookin' number. I'm really digging those sights.

hAkron
May 4, 2012, 07:16 AM
I like the custom looking safety. That's a sweet target gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Classic CZ 75 added to my collection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!