Thumbs up for Sig Customer Service

PDA

Redlg155
May 2, 2012, 04:59 PM
I purchased a new Sig P238 approx a year ago, and although it had one night sight "bulb" out, I purchased it anyway. It finally got the best of me and I decided to call Sig for a replacement. I was surprised when he only asked me for my name and address and had a new night sight sent fex ex to my house.

That's great customer service as I thought I would at the very least lose the use of my carry gun for a couple of weeks having the replacement sight put on the slide. Now the fun part, putting the new one on.

I'm not sure of anyone elses experiences, but this one was definitely positive. Much more so than my last experience with HK.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thumbs up for Sig Customer Service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shotgunjoel
May 2, 2012, 05:02 PM
Personally, I would have preferred to send them my slide and have them replace it. Good deal though.

Wildyams
May 2, 2012, 05:18 PM
Sig's customer service is great, on my p238, i accidentally turned the safety on with the slide off, detent went flying and I couldn't find it.

A couple days later I called sig, the guy laughed at me and told me one would be in the mail.

(then about a year later they accidentally sent me a 22 conversion kit for a p220, I had a hard time sending it back, but I did in the end.)

Averageman
May 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
Thjats totally the opposite of my C/S with Sig.
I had a Sig 556 Swat Patrol that had the barrel to reciever fit canted so bad that it wouldn't zero and wasnt safe.
I waited 6 months for another Sig rifle and it too was a pice of crap.
Maybe they do okay with pistols, but their Rifles and C/S for them is Terrible to the point of being nearly criminal.
If Sig Europe could see what Sig USA does to their proud name, Sig USA would need to change it's name.

The Lone Haranguer
May 3, 2012, 06:46 PM
In the past they have sent small parts to me for free. In 2007 I purchased one of their 1911s that had multiple problems. They were professional on the phone (Victoria Martin in particular), sent me shipping tags for all but the first time and returned the gun promptly. When it had to go back a third time, they gave me a new gun. :) Unfortunately, that one broke parts too. :rolleyes:

CharlieDeltaJuliet
May 3, 2012, 07:32 PM
I have had great service with them over the past few years. It surprised me to hear about Averageman's experience. That sucks bad. They really have gone above and beyond for any issues I have had.

Inebriated
May 8, 2012, 03:20 AM
Hopefully they stay good... I'm probably sending them a P250 tomorrow....

If you enjoyed reading about "Thumbs up for Sig Customer Service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!