Kimber Solo

May 3, 2012, 02:11 AM
Did Kimber ever get their Solo running right?

Good looking gun that looks like it'd be a jewel to shoot too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
May 3, 2012, 03:37 AM
What was wrong in the first place ? I was actually looking for a new pocket gun and the solo was in the running along with the sig 239 and new colt mustang. I'm gonna pick up the mustang tomorrow. I still may get the solo down the road for the heck of it as long as whatever issues there are get ironed out. I haven't been hearing the greatest comments about kimbers customer service as of late.

P238 sorry

May 3, 2012, 02:54 PM
dubya450, I carry a P239 in .40S&W daily. I can't imagine it as a "Pocket" pistol. I feel it is too large and heavy for that use. I find that an IWB holster is a fine match with the P239 and, as I said, its my daily carry.

May 3, 2012, 03:56 PM
Try a search, this topic comes up almost weekly.

Some people have gotten their's to work, or it worked out of the box. Some have seen it come and go back to Kimber a few times, and still not work.

At least, this is what I've been reading. I don't think they're in production as of now, do to fixing the design.

May 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Have had one on order for 18 months.....dealers don't have them and some have been scalping them on Gunbroker for 300-to-400 over retail. Gave up and bought a Boberg instead.

May 3, 2012, 08:01 PM
Have had mine for about 4 months and it runs fine,as long as you dont use +P loads = OUCH.

I have about 150 rounds through it and no problems and shoots into point of zombiebrain at 8 yards.

May 5, 2012, 08:26 AM
I've had my Solo for a couple of months now, and have somewhere between 600-1,00 rounds through it. With good ammo, it has always run 100%, and it is surprisingly accurate for a little gun. I've stripped, and cleaned/lubed it several times, and there is nothing bad going on, that I can see. In some of the early guns, there were reports of locking lugs getting torn up.

I put a Crimson Trace lasergrip on mine, and it has turned in to one of my "go-to" carry guns.

My poor, old SIG 239, and commander-sized 1911s hardly ever get carried anymore because the Solo is about half the weight.:uhoh:

May 5, 2012, 09:06 AM
I looked at one with and w/o laser and believe that manufacturer provides list of ammo to use in that model if I remember correctly. Neat little guns.

May 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
Yes, Kimber's website has a list of recommended ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!