Kimber Solo

PDA

checkmyswag
May 3, 2012, 02:11 AM
Did Kimber ever get their Solo running right?

Good looking gun that looks like it'd be a jewel to shoot too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dubya450
May 3, 2012, 03:37 AM
What was wrong in the first place ? I was actually looking for a new pocket gun and the solo was in the running along with the sig 239 and new colt mustang. I'm gonna pick up the mustang tomorrow. I still may get the solo down the road for the heck of it as long as whatever issues there are get ironed out. I haven't been hearing the greatest comments about kimbers customer service as of late.

P238 sorry

RedAlert
May 3, 2012, 02:54 PM
dubya450, I carry a P239 in .40S&W daily. I can't imagine it as a "Pocket" pistol. I feel it is too large and heavy for that use. I find that an IWB holster is a fine match with the P239 and, as I said, its my daily carry.

Red

smalls
May 3, 2012, 03:56 PM
Try a search, this topic comes up almost weekly.

Some people have gotten their's to work, or it worked out of the box. Some have seen it come and go back to Kimber a few times, and still not work.

At least, this is what I've been reading. I don't think they're in production as of now, do to fixing the design.

Rembrandt
May 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Have had one on order for 18 months.....dealers don't have them and some have been scalping them on Gunbroker for 300-to-400 over retail. Gave up and bought a Boberg instead.

scaatylobo
May 3, 2012, 08:01 PM
Have had mine for about 4 months and it runs fine,as long as you dont use +P loads = OUCH.

I have about 150 rounds through it and no problems and shoots into point of zombiebrain at 8 yards.

RH45
May 5, 2012, 08:26 AM
I've had my Solo for a couple of months now, and have somewhere between 600-1,00 rounds through it. With good ammo, it has always run 100%, and it is surprisingly accurate for a little gun. I've stripped, and cleaned/lubed it several times, and there is nothing bad going on, that I can see. In some of the early guns, there were reports of locking lugs getting torn up.

I put a Crimson Trace lasergrip on mine, and it has turned in to one of my "go-to" carry guns.

My poor, old SIG 239, and commander-sized 1911s hardly ever get carried anymore because the Solo is about half the weight.:uhoh:

PabloJ
May 5, 2012, 09:06 AM
I looked at one with and w/o laser and believe that manufacturer provides list of ammo to use in that model if I remember correctly. Neat little guns.

RH45
May 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
Yes, Kimber's website has a list of recommended ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!