Need a little help from the Pro's

PDA

ibtexex
May 3, 2012, 11:59 PM
I am looking to buy a Remington BDL in 240 weatherby. I notice on the barrel it is stamped Womack 240 weatherby. Now I am not an expert, but I do know my way around the Remington line. Can someone tell me if; This is a custom barrel fitted to the Rem action or did in fact Remington offer this caliber?

I am looking to purchase for my son - -

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a little help from the Pro's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stan rose
May 4, 2012, 10:57 AM
From the little I know Womack was a gunsmith from Louisiana. Apparently he did it all, and he did it well, I think you could do an internet search on him. As far as I know Remington never chambered there 700 line in the .240 Weatherby, but I am not certain on this. I would tend to believe that this is a customized rifle.

1948CJ2A
May 4, 2012, 03:24 PM
From the little I know Womack was a gunsmith from Louisiana. Apparently he did it all, and he did it well, I think you could do an internet search on him. As far as I know Remington never chambered there 700 line in the .240 Weatherby, but I am not certain on this. I would tend to believe that this is a customized rifle.

Agree with Stan. Sounds like a custom rifle. I don't believe Remington has ever factory chambered the 240 WBY.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need a little help from the Pro's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!