Sig sauer barrel elonger

PDA

dataDyne
May 4, 2012, 08:33 AM
Can i put a p226 X-FIVE barrel into a p229?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig sauer barrel elonger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Owen
May 4, 2012, 09:16 AM
Have you called SIG, and asked them?

9mmepiphany
May 4, 2012, 02:30 PM
Calling would seem to be the way to go.

I'll bet you'd have to at least change the Locking Block at the same time

Telekinesis
May 4, 2012, 03:00 PM
I don't think its possible. I'm not sure of what exactly is preventing it, but I know that you can't put a standard 226 barrel in a 228.

dataDyne
May 4, 2012, 09:22 PM
Damn, i like long barrels on smallish guns...

Thanks, i guess

Walt Sherrill
May 5, 2012, 09:32 AM
What do you hope to gain from the longer barrel? (You might be able to order a longer barrel from Bar-Sto, and there'd be no question about whether it would work or not.) I bought a used 2340 a while back that came with a second (Bar-Sto conversion) barrel in a different caliber, and that barrel was about 3/4" longer than the stock barrel. I later had it shortened to stock length.

You might get slightly better performance for a given round, but since the sight radius isn't also longer, it arguably won't be any easier to shoot it more accurately.

I'll bet that X-Five barrel costs a LOT! (I have a 226 X-Five in .40 and the barrel seems quite different from other SIG barrels. [It might just be the more-complicated guide rod...] I don't have a standard 226 any longer, so can't really compare.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig sauer barrel elonger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!