Dumb move or not

PDA

Railrunner85
May 4, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hey guys, I would like some of your opinions. I have wanted the ruger Alaskan 454 since it came out. I finally traded around and got one and loved it. I also realized its impracticality to me. I traded it for an unfired Kimber eclipse custom ii which I also love. Did I mess up, is one worth more than other.
Just thought I would babble some. Thanks Gents

If you enjoyed reading about "Dumb move or not" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
May 4, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well a new Ruger Alaskan 454 sells for $789 at Buds.

A new Kimber Eclipse Custom II sells for $1,107.

Seems like you did O.K. to me if you didn't pay more then $300 - $400 differance!

I sure know I'd rather have the Kimber then the Ruger!

rc

Railrunner85
May 4, 2012, 01:47 PM
Straight up trade

rcmodel
May 4, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hope you hugged & cuddled when you got done with him then!

rc

Railrunner85
May 4, 2012, 02:11 PM
Lol, bit to Hairy for my liking. I just noticed where the Alaskans are selling for so much on gunbroker. Idk, I loved the Alaskan but I just couldn't pass up the Kimber.

rcmodel
May 4, 2012, 02:21 PM
I think the prices are currently inflated because everybody is out of stock on everything.

And Ruger has announced they are so far behind they have stopped taking new orders.

At any rate, I still think you did the right thing.

rc

Railrunner85
May 4, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks RC, I actually feel better now

May 4, 2012, 03:36 PM
Not dumb, if you're happy.

KodeFore
May 4, 2012, 05:09 PM
I honestly have no clue on the actual values but my opinion is that
If you like the gun you traded for better than the one you got rid of you came out ahead

Silent Sam
May 4, 2012, 05:43 PM
"Well a new Ruger Alaskan 454 sells for $789 at Buds."

Try buying one at that price. Current street prices for those two are pretty close.

speedway
May 4, 2012, 07:08 PM
I would much rather have the Kimber. You did well.

allaroundhunter
May 4, 2012, 07:17 PM
I would take the Kimber over the Ruger any day of the week. You did quite well.

MachIVshooter
May 5, 2012, 12:34 AM
Good trade. Alaskans have the cool factor of a big bore magnum snub, but the Kimber is a much more refined gun, and one that you can afford to shoot. I really like my 629 3", but if I had to choose between it and my Kimber Stainless Target II, I'd keep the Kimber. And that's a Smith, not a Ruger!

If you enjoyed reading about "Dumb move or not" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!