Metrotactical

PDA

DrDremel
February 17, 2004, 08:04 PM
The term Metrotactical was coined in a different thread. I thought it was funny and needed to be defined for those not familiar with the term.
I did not coin the term but I think is important to define the term for future use as I think it is a great term and should see more usage.

Metrotactical: The term is used to describe a person that tends to only use or purchase items that are marketed as tactical or come in black, grey, or camouflage, also items in carbon fiber, kydex, titanium, or other similar materials. These types of people also usually tend to purchase or use whatever the latest trend of fad in items marketed as tactical. An example is that they would not want to use what was considered tactical 10-20 years ago but what has come on the market or is marketed as the current or latest tactical product. At one time the 1911 was tactical, then the revolver was considered tactical, now the 1911 is back as tactical but only with certain new features. These people tend to wear clothing that is marketed as tactical as well. Royal Robbins 5.11 series or similar items, Oakley, Camelbak, etc… A Metrotactical will follow the trends seen in movies, gun magazines, military and police purchases. They will not purchase firearms or accessories that are not seen as tactical. They frequently wear HK t-shirts and BDU or 5.11 series pants. Boots are worn as well most of the time. Some of these people will be seen at the range with thigh holsters, NVG or tactical vests. They are more oriented towards gear than the usage of such gear.
See Mall Ninja, Tactical, SHTF, TEOTWAYKI, Picatinny, CQB, Operator, Tango

If you enjoyed reading about "Metrotactical" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jsalcedo
February 17, 2004, 08:21 PM
I guess I'm as un-metrotactical as they come.

No kydex,uber gear, teflon, carbon fiber, royal robbins etc..

Jeans, boots, leather holster with a revolver.

I think I have a old nylon uncle mikes holster somewhere if that counts.

jamz
February 17, 2004, 08:46 PM
OK, I've been mystified for long enough. Dictionary time: What is CQB? :confused:

-James
who is tactical in his mind, but in real life is just another dumpy white guy

Jeff White
February 17, 2004, 08:51 PM
CQB=Close Quarters Battle.

HTH
Jeff

Patrick Bateman
February 17, 2004, 09:00 PM
Metrotactical=Gear Queer

Mulliga
February 17, 2004, 09:02 PM
Where did it start? Was it that "Bushmaster Lady" thread? I find it an original and hilarious term, especially when used in html tags.

Let's see...how many backup flashlights do I need?

Bob F.
February 17, 2004, 09:46 PM
OK I'll bite; I'm non-military/non-tactical: what's the significance of "tango"?

Jeff White
February 17, 2004, 09:51 PM
Tango = phonetic pronunciation of the letter T when used in the International Phonetic Alphabet. Slang for terrorist, probably first used in a Tom Clancy novel.

Jeff

Mark Tyson
February 17, 2004, 09:57 PM
To each his own . . . wood rifles, black rifles, lever action, bolt autoloader - I like them all. There's fine guns in every category.

And on a completely different subject:

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

Destructo6
February 17, 2004, 11:07 PM
Gotta object to some of the stuff.

Oakleys and Camelbacks are imminently practical, which is probably why the tactical dudes, both real and poseurs, have embraced them. Never owned Oakleys myself (prefer the Vaurnets I've worn for years), but like them. The Camelback, on the other hand, is a must-have item for anybody who likes to do outdoor stuff.

Boots: another imminently practical item. With the exceptions of running and dress shoes, I can't recall the last time I wore low-tops. Personally, I left the Navy with about 9 pairs of boots, so I'd have to go out of my way to not wear them. That's not to mention that low-top shoes on a motorcycle is a bad idea.

BTW, I see the "tactical" part, what is the "metro" part?

Never seen Royal Robbins. They are pants?

gundam007
February 17, 2004, 11:16 PM
I am like a ninja... I have a tanto, throwing knives.... I also have very tactical linerlock... its so tactical, it can be blue and get away with it! (I am only 13 so's you gotta work with what you got)

Mark Tyson
February 17, 2004, 11:24 PM
BTW, I see the "tactical" part, what is the "metro" part?

I think it's a reference to the term "metrosexual", which has popped up recently. It describes an urban, upper class straight male who is overly concerned about personal appearance and therefore spends a lot of money on toiletries , haircuts, yuppie clothes, etc.

azrael
February 17, 2004, 11:27 PM
I am about as "UNmetrotactical" as I can be...I carry a leather holster..I wear shorts and a t-shirt 10 months out of the year...I do wear black boots but they are WORKBOOTS (no socks most of the time either!!) .I dont own a camelback or a ar15 with tactical vest...I own 2 pairs of oakleys...both were gifts from customers over the last couple of years...the knife I carry is steel and aluminum..

Royal Robbins 5.11 pants are the new "in" thing...think of them as "tactical" pants and you have the idea...They have larger than normal front pockets so if you wanted to carry a Kel-tec p-11 in a front pocket hoslter you could....They do look nice and I have considered buying a couple of pair...

Seht ihr mich
Versteht ihr mich
Fühlt ihr mich
Hört ihr mich

TechBrute
February 17, 2004, 11:33 PM
Wow, this thread attracted a lot of relatively new posters. Cool.

I want to clear something up: just because someone may be what you call a Metrotactical, doesn't mean he/she can't shoot better than you. It makes me laugh when people try to judge shooting ability based on your gear or clothes. I've seen just as many crappy shooters with their C&R, backwoods, hunting, antique, wood-stocked, odd-caliber guns as I have uber-tactical, black, carbonfibered, high dollar, Nato-caliber military wannabes. So I'd be careful passing judgement, they may just make you look stupid.

Aside from that, the term Metrotactical made me laugh. I just saw the Metrosexual Southpark episode a couple days ago, and that made it even funnier.

Destructo6, you are right, but there's a crew around here that thinks if you have any of those things you're a poser.

longtom4570
February 17, 2004, 11:40 PM
I is a Redneck i aint a metrotatical so there:neener:

Tierhog
February 17, 2004, 11:59 PM
I bought a pair of royal robins. I really like the big pockets. They seem to be the unofficial uniform pants for the fire arms instructors I know.

TechBrute
February 18, 2004, 12:05 AM
5.11s were originally designed as hiking and climbing pants. The strap on the back pocket is for your carabiners. The vast majority of Camelbaks are owned by cyclists and hikers. Boots are practical. I'd bet money that less than 1% of Oakleys are owned by shooters.

Skunkabilly
February 18, 2004, 02:19 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid for taking credit for making up a cheesy word, as far as I know, I think I coined the term. I originally used it to describe my Wilderness Safepacker (http://thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2/products_id/18?osCsid=17cab3397d7af4578799bae3e5bd72fe).

I originally intended it for those of us who are more likely to be seen in a Brooks Brothers suit or Hugo Boss slacks than Royal Robbins 5.11 Tacticals and Oakley boots, but under a thin veneer of Starbucks-sipping yuppieflage, we're just as tactical as Gecko45.

Take THR member Dan Flory for example:

So if I have time, and I'm wearing a $100 Rosen belt, $70 Sparks holster, all mounted on $80 Brooks Brothers casual pants while taking a Awerbuck class where I shoot 1000K rounds out of a $2.5K custom 1911, ad infinitum, where do I skimp on training by buying too much gear?
I plan on getting a Longines for graduation. It will go nice with a Brooks Brothers suit and a Colt I was going to get a set of NVGs, but I figure I won't be able to use them for years anyway.
Imagine a minority 21 year old pulling up in a Benz wearing a suit...most gun counter folk instantly think they smell a##hole. But little do they know it might be the supreme ninja Frory-san at their counter

MOLON LATTE!!!

George Hill
February 18, 2004, 03:02 AM
New Show: "Skunk Eye for the Tactical Guy"
Wearing a business suit with tactical boots and OD green underwear and a shoulder rig... Transtactical.

Trebor
February 18, 2004, 04:21 AM
New Show: "Skunk Eye for the Tactical Guy"
Wearing a business suit with tactical boots and OD green underwear and a shoulder rig... Transtactical.

Darn! You stole my bit! I was gonna call the show:

"Gear Queer for the Straight Shooter," hosted by Skunkabilly!

gunsmith
February 18, 2004, 05:37 AM
was a skunkabilly term as soon as I seen this here thread!

Sure metrotactical types may "wear our scorn as a badge of honor"
but if they can shoot,I aint gonna laugh at em unless they can't hear me

"In Space No One Can Hear You Laugh"

seeker_two
February 18, 2004, 06:17 AM
I'm less metrotactical as I am Redneck Tactical... (http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/000332.html)

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/~edneckForces.jpg

:evil:

Brian Dale
February 18, 2004, 08:52 AM
It's gotta be done: Your pistol reflects your personality, at

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=32850

:evil:

All I've got by Royal Robbins are two dog-eared old rock climbing books, from back when I was a climber. :neener:

Hey: the words "carabiner" and "carbine" come from the same root; climbers and shooters all meet a few posers passing through. They don't stay. :D I usually wear "office-park camo" around here: ordinary khakis (no Dockers brand) and an oxford or golf shirt; no tie. Jeans or old khakis at home. Those RR pants are awfully comfortable — I might have to get some when I wear out the pants I've got. Seriously, if they can shoot or they want to learn, who cares what they wear?

{Edited to add:} the TFL topic continues at Personality part 2,

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=32871

accessible from the THR Library, at the top of this page >
Best Threads of THR > TFL last call threads list > scroll down to Misc Humor.

ID_shooting
February 18, 2004, 09:09 AM
LOL, I love these threads. So what do you call the guy that has both, "tactical weapons" and traditional? I do really dig the tac stuff and even have some. But I also can me seen from time to time with my 10mm in a 45 degree paddle holster but my mod 94 30-30 in my hands :) jungle boots on my feet, my old worn out BDU pants but me green flanel insulated shirt and ball cap. kinda a scary picture and I know I wont win any fashion contests but the clothes are comfy :P

Brian Dale
February 18, 2004, 09:16 AM
normal. :D

SapperLeader
February 18, 2004, 09:32 AM
I dont think of myself as metro tactical, but I do use some of the stuff here. I have been using oakleys and camelbacks before I ever got back into shooting. I do wear royal robbin pants, but thats more because Im a pocket junkie, and have been since I as four and had my mom make pants covered in pockets. Ive been wearing boots my whole life, as I prefer them to sneakers except in summer time. I also like 1911s, bhp, and long walks in the parks, so i guess it all balances out :).

Bravo11
February 18, 2004, 11:44 AM
I've never owned a camelback. I usually slip a water bottle or two into a belt carrier or cargo pockets. Are they really that good of an item or is it just a "metrotactical" thing?

Mark Tyson
February 18, 2004, 12:14 PM
A lot of bikers, hikers and outdoorsmen use Camelback canteens - they are pretty nifty.

So what do you call the guy that has both, "tactical weapons" and traditional?

You call him an American!

TechBrute
February 18, 2004, 12:21 PM
A lot of bikers, hikers and outdoorsmen use Camelback canteens - they are pretty nifty. Yeah, and the civilian line would never pass for Metrotactical, anyway. Too many bright colors. I personall opted for the desert, as it is the lightest color, and all the civilian ones use black. I don't want to walk around Six Flags park in August in Texas with a black pack that has my water in it. The particular desert Mule that I have doesn't have very much pattern on it, it's mostly just tan. I only own 2 cammie items: a boonie that's either urban or artic, I don't know which, and my Mule, which doesn't have much of a pattern on it.

axeman_g
February 18, 2004, 02:05 PM
I started using a camelback for bird hunting a few years ago. It is a great way to carry water for yourself and dogs. My setters love being squirted in the mouth with water from the hose apparatus. Plus it carries a really good amount, just enough for a hunter and trwo dogs on a warm day for about 4 hours.

It goes really well with my Barbour upland coat, Filson chaps, llbean chamois shirts, OD jungle boots, Benelli Nova 20g, Glock 20 and slingshot for squirell tagging.

I am a "Skunk Eye for the Tactical Guy" candidate if there ever was one .....

jsalcedo
February 18, 2004, 02:09 PM
Is the camelback suitable for making one large martini for the man on the go? :evil:

Skunkabilly
February 18, 2004, 02:10 PM
Metrotactical isn't taking a Camelbak to patio brunch at the Cheesecake factory, it's taking a Prada bag to the range.....

axeman_g
February 18, 2004, 02:23 PM
so Jessica Simpson taking her Louis Vutton bag camping and skeet shooting would be "metrosexual" ... if she was a guy ... and if that was the case I dont think I would watch.

She could carry a CZ97 in that thing and nobody would ever know ....

Bix
February 18, 2004, 02:52 PM
jsaleco-

Not sure if the camelback would be good for mixing drinks, but I have found that Nalgene bottles make fantastic field-expedient martini shakers.

Jim March
February 18, 2004, 03:16 PM
Retrotactical: big-bore wheelgun in a Threepersons speed holster circa 1930ish :D. Or a "Tombstone-style" extreme-speed shoulder rig (only 1" of barrel covered, leather-covered steel spring across the cylinder) which dates to about 1880 and is STILL among the faster shoulder rigs ever made.

And let's not even start with Fitz-type triggerguards that are fast as hell and given modern safety sensibilities the heeby-jeebies. (Front half of triggerguard is hacksawed off!)

DrDremel
February 18, 2004, 03:47 PM
First let me say that I thought the term was funny and needed some explanation. Second, I am not saying if you have these items that you are a poser. But if you focus only on looks or brand of an item or firearm, and are not particularly good at using the items, that is someone that is Metrotactical.
Hey, I was tactical back when it was called practical and came in colors other than black or OD Green.
I was patriotic before being patriotic was cool.

TechBrute
February 18, 2004, 04:09 PM
But if you focus only on looks or brand of an item or firearm, and are not particularly good at using the items, that is someone that is Metrotactical. No, Metrotactical (as per Skunk's definition, which is what I'm deferring to) does not refer to one's ability, only to their appearance. Being a bad shooter is just called being a bad shooter.

Focusing on looks and brand of an item is being "Uber-tactical," "having Tacticality," or being "Tacticool." Again having nothing to do with one's ability.

BenW
February 18, 2004, 04:12 PM
They have larger than normal front pockets so if you wanted to carry a Kel-tec p-11 in a front pocket hoslter you could
I prefer jeans so that when I walk up to people they can ask me, "Is that a Kel-Tec in your pants, or are you just glad to see me?" Of course I don't actually have a Kel-Tec because size matters (in self defense pistols).

:D :evil:

patent
February 18, 2004, 04:25 PM
I originally intended it for those of us who are more likely to be seen in a Brooks Brothers suit or Hugo Boss slacks than Royal Robbins 5.11 Tacticals and Oakley boots, but under a thin veneer of Starbucks-sipping yuppieflage, we're just as tactical as Gecko45.

That was pretty much how I understood metrotactical. Camoflauge for those who have to work in the business world, travel through the city, etc. Can't blend in wearing black or camoflauge, but wear khaki slacks or a dark suit and you are invisible.

patent

yayarx7
February 18, 2004, 04:36 PM
jsaleco-

Not sure if the camelback would be good for mixing drinks, but I have found that Nalgene bottles make fantastic field-expedient martini shakers.

The CamelBak is great for mixed drinks. NOTE: SOJU and orange juice will stain the plastic a very ugly orange-brown.

The original CamelBak, with the inner water pouch removed, will hold 3 canned beers, and keep them cold for quite a while.

Skunkabilly
February 18, 2004, 04:39 PM
http://www.phoenixguild.com/images/magicskunk.jpg

Engage! Engage! Engage!

Skunkabilly
February 18, 2004, 04:45 PM
Soju and orange juice..hmm....

Brian Dale
February 18, 2004, 04:46 PM
It begins to sink in for Happy (sometimes a little slow on the uptake) Bob:
so when I wrote about wearing my "office-park camo" and fitting in with my surroundings, that means ...

:eek:

Well, ok. :cool:

bradvanhorn
February 18, 2004, 04:57 PM
Soju?! Oh boy, I can feel the hangover already ;)

I didn't catch all the responses about Royal Robbins pants... Here's my formula: brown shoes + Royal Robbins pants + some sort of polo shirt + cool looking shades + a butt pack (for their handgun) + maybe a ball cap = one federal agent; usually FBI or the like. Since I'm in the Marine Corps, I have come to believe this is the casual attire of nearly every NCIS agent I've ever encountered. :)

Shalako
February 18, 2004, 06:00 PM
Having witnessed a few Metros, I'd think Metrotactical would be more like:

"Ohh, don't I look just awesome in this LBV?!"

"I'm just not sure, do these goggles clash with my balaclava?"

"Oh, I hate glocks, my bracelet always snags in the hole thingy when I do speed drills."

...or some such. Not me though. When I get all my gear on and pose in the mirror, no one else ever hears about it.....:uhoh:

Travis McGee
February 19, 2004, 12:27 AM
I think 3/4 of the folks at the SHOT show were wearing RR5.11 pants, I swear. Mostly in stone or gray.

Kodiak AK
February 19, 2004, 12:27 AM
http://www.phoenixguild.com/images/magicskunk.jpg
Shouldn't that be a black or a green card?
:confused:

cdislicker
February 19, 2004, 01:17 AM
I'd have put skunkabilly on the red card.

On another note, just bought a new suit. The front pockets of the jacket were partially divided vertically. My first thought ... "built in mag holsters, cool!"

atek3
February 19, 2004, 01:28 AM
I love these threads too. Me, I were 5.11's, a Royal Robbins shortsleeve button down, and a RR vest, EVERY DAY. No boots yet. No oakley's either. I do prefer my pistols plastic, and my rifles black. Making me roughly 75% tactical. Not super 'metrotactical' though, as I have NOTHING metro (no conditioner, no nice clothing, never seen QEFSG, etc. etc.)

atek3

Brian Dale
February 19, 2004, 04:59 AM
Per Skunky:I originally intended it for those of us who are more likely to be seen in a Brooks Brothers suit or Hugo Boss slacks than Royal Robbins 5.11 Tacticals and Oakley boots, but under a thin veneer of Starbucks-sipping yuppieflage, we're just as tactical as Gecko45. On the other hand, threadstarter DrDremel proposes a person that tends to only use or purchase items that are marketed as tactical or come in black, grey, or camouflage, also items in carbon fiber, kydex, titanium, or other similar materials. We've already got lots of words for people who buy all of the latest cool-looking stuff. Some of these folks shoot really well; some are learning and want equipment that doesn't get in their way, and a few are complete posers. From Salon (Eeewwww!), an explanation of parent word "metrosexual": ... to determine a metrosexual, all you have to do is look at them. In fact, if you're looking at them, they're almost certainly metrosexual. The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis -- because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object ... So by comparison, if we're looking at them, and if words had to be pedantic reflections of other terms, with the assumption that only the simplest parallels can be true, then "metro" means flashy and superficial, and metrotactical = gear geek.

That's not what "metro" means, though. A metropolis is the chief city in an area, the center of activity. It's a commercial center, and someplace where there's usually no room for a shooting range. People there are busy in commerce, government and the like. No big game hunting in the city, no snakes to be shot; you get the idea. Of course people carry arms for defending themselves, but outward appearance is of having attention focused on business. Suits, business casual — the "I have a good job" look. The gear and the skill are concealed beneath a veneer of ordinary business clothing.

I go with Skunky's definition.

DrDremel
February 19, 2004, 08:27 AM
I based my definition on the term it pokes fun at, Metrosexual. That is someone that is obsessed with their appearence. To the point of being mistaken foe being gay. So on that note someone that is Metrotactical would be obsessed with being tactical. The other definition is simply urban camo.

TechBrute
February 19, 2004, 10:03 AM
DrD, it seems your definition is just plain Tactical. Or Uber-Tactical, or Tacticool. Metrotactical seems to me to be more of a stealth tactical. Like wearing my Comp-Tac and Glock concealed under Hugo Boss. It's like carrying my Emerson kerambit clipped in the pocket of DKNY. It's ok for Metros to wear 5.11s, as long as they are wearing the latest Armani Express casual shirt and stylish shoes, too. Metros carry their Starbucks double-something lowfat venti whatever in their weak hand so they have an unimpeded draw with their strong hand. Besides, throwing hot coffee in their attacker's face to distract from the CCW draw is a Metro's best move.

Having witnessed a few Metros, I'd think Metrotactical would be more like:

"Ohh, don't I look just awesome in this LBV?!"

"I'm just not sure, do these goggles clash with my balaclava?"

"Oh, I hate glocks, my bracelet always snags in the hole thingy when I do speed drills." I think that's just a tactical queen. Tactigay? Homotactical? As Eddie Murphy said, a gay guy can still kick your butt. A Tactigay guy is likely to double-tap you followed by one to the head.

TechBrute
February 19, 2004, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah, fear the Metrotactical that spends as much on training as on his wardrobe. That's a Thunder ranch class (or two) for every suit he owns.

Skunkabilly
February 19, 2004, 12:01 PM
atek3, are you still wearing those other pants around your ankles? :D

Metrotactical seems to me to be more of a stealth tactical. Like wearing my Comp-Tac and Glock concealed under Hugo Boss. It's like carrying my Emerson kerambit clipped in the pocket of DKNY. It's ok for Metros to wear 5.11s, as long as they are wearing the latest Armani Express casual shirt and stylish shoes, too. Metros carry their Starbucks double-something lowfat venti whatever in their weak hand so they have an unimpeded draw with their strong hand. Besides, throwing hot coffee in their attacker's face to distract from the CCW draw is a Metro's best move.

I think Techbrute summed it up best :cool:

Which pocket do you carry your Karambit in anyway? I like it in the back for safety reasons.

hso
February 19, 2004, 12:15 PM
Metrotactical used to be Gear Fag

I think the old west version was Greener or Green Horn for some back easter wearing the newest rig for double pistols.

TechBrute
February 19, 2004, 02:53 PM
Metrotactical used to be Gear Fag. No, the term Gear Queer was coined by operators to refer to people that have an affection for gear that they don't need. The better term for that would be Geardo, originally coined by MilitaryMoron.

Being tactical is different than being Metrotactical. You wouldn't be able to spot a Metrotactical person in an office environment, unless you pay attention to his body language and eye movements. His clothing is high style, but his mindset is tactical.

Which pocket do you carry your Karambit in anyway? I like it in the back for safety reasons. The first day I carried it, it opened in my pocket and I sliced my knuckle off. I tightened it up and carry it in the back, as well.

Soap
February 21, 2004, 02:32 PM
How did I miss this thread!?

His clothing is high style, but his mindset is tactical.

Very cool. I guess I'm a metrotactical to the hilt then. Nothing like concealing a 1911, a few blades, and a J-frame underneath a Burberry suit
:cool:

Skunkabilly
February 23, 2004, 11:39 AM
Daniel, which J-frame and 1911 models are the most metrotactical? I'm trying to decide of a blued Colt or the pimpy Kimber Eclipse are more metro.

For the J-frame, I think maybe the Ti model?

azrael
February 23, 2004, 11:41 AM
J-frame TI is metrotactical

A kimber is far more metro than the blued one

UNLESS it is a coating over the stainless slide..then it has to be 2 tone to be properly "metro":D

squibload
February 23, 2004, 01:00 PM
Daniel, which J-frame and 1911 models are the most metrotactical?

Is Skunk asking for advice on Metrotacticality (heretofore referred to as "M")? I never thought I'd see the day.

IMHO, the blued Colt CAN be the more M, but that depends totally on what the configuration is...for example, Brown Custom work (think Wedge MS housing and their snakeskin checkering, nightsites) on a Colt trumps a "stock" Kimber any day.

Agree that the Ti J-frame as the pinnacle of wheeled-backup M. Though Scandium is a hot look, too.

We're talking name brands as form + function.

When you're pimpin' why would you be skimpin'?

Skunkabilly
February 23, 2004, 01:06 PM
When you're pimpin' why would you be skimpin'?

Because Ti hurts my little paws after 50+ rounds :(

CYBYWY

Is Skunk asking for advice on Metrotacticality (heretofore referred to as "M")?

I can't even compare to Flory... :o

Smoke
February 23, 2004, 02:31 PM
Oh yeah, fear the Metrotactical that spends as much on training as on his wardrobe. That's a Thunder ranch class (or two) for every suit he owns.

Could this be our own El Tejon? :D

Metrotactical = Gear Queer? I certainly hope not. I have been accused (rightly so?) of being a gear queer. My gear tends to run to brown cowhide, wood and blued or stainless metals. But I love the gear. It changes, it gets refined, it gets improved, but I love it!

I just can't see Possumabilly as being Metro anything.

:D

Smoke

Soap
February 23, 2004, 06:20 PM
Skunk- Since I like the suit and tie look, I only go old school on my kit. Blued Gov't model and a blued Smith 36. I don't think a Glock or HK would go as well with a Burberry, Armani, Polo Purple, etc. If you're wearing a suit like that, kydex and polymer is verboten. Make sure your gunleather matches your shoes and watchband (if it is leather). No one can touch my metrotacticality!

If you enjoyed reading about "Metrotactical" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!