Ambi-safety trauma

PDA

mljdeckard
May 5, 2012, 12:40 AM
(Re-posting here to get more visibility,)

After waiting a year for my Para SF-45, and having had friends who had problems when they received theirs, I was so relived to finally get mine, see it has all of its fingers and toes, I took it out and cranked a couple of hundred rounds through it at the local rock quarry.

It performed beautifully in every way, and then I went to re-holster it in my chest-mounted Serpa, and the right side of the ambi safety was flopping around. So I get it home, and pull both pieces out, and the slotted coupling is REALLY tight, like I'm afraid I will have to get a hammer to force them together. I put them back in the gun, and I give them a good squeeze, and they stick somewhat, but I can't quite eliminate the daylight. I don't want to get brutal, break something and have Para tell me I'm out of luck because I hit it with a hammer. Is there a special way to put these things together?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ambi-safety trauma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
matrem
May 5, 2012, 09:03 PM
I believe I'd try a c-clamp & leave the hammer on the workbench.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ambi-safety trauma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!