Shaw replacement rifle barrels kits ?

PDA

hdbiker
May 6, 2012, 01:08 PM
I'm thinking about replacing the rifle barrel on my Savage 110C,seiries J,.270 Win rifle.Years of use and cleaning rod damage have ruined accuracy.Shaw replacement kits seem to be the cheapest,are they any good and worth the money? Any tips or advice would be helpfull.Thank You, biker

If you enjoyed reading about "Shaw replacement rifle barrels kits ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dprice3844444
May 6, 2012, 01:10 PM
er shaw,top line,as well as krieger,shilen,hart

lencac
May 6, 2012, 01:19 PM
If you are using the rifle for hunting Shaw will be fine. If it's for accuracy look at other manufactures. You get what you pay for :uhoh:

TurtlePhish
May 6, 2012, 01:24 PM
er shaw,top line,as well as krieger,shilen,hart

E.R. Shaw makes good barrels, but I don't think they're at the Krieger and Shilen level...

hdbiker
May 6, 2012, 01:34 PM
Would a Shaw barrel be as good as the origional Savage barrel ?

dprice3844444
May 6, 2012, 01:36 PM
better

TurtlePhish
May 6, 2012, 01:50 PM
Would a Shaw barrel be as good as the origional Savage barrel ?

It'll probably shoot pretty close to the same. Savages are hard to beat.

nastynatesfish
May 6, 2012, 08:16 PM
The shaw barrels are great. I just finessed a 308 build in a Mauser. You'll hear horror stories I'm sure but I've used 5 barrels from them with not one issue. All accurate and all wayyyy cheer than the other names.

firesky101
May 6, 2012, 08:40 PM
All my ER Shaw barreled firearms are exceptionally accurate. I never had the money for any of the really high end stuff, but I don't think it would matter. The Shaw barrels are more accurate than I am.

osprey176
May 8, 2012, 12:58 AM
Before you go replacing that barrel,you might try recrowning it.Most cleaning rod wear shows up at the muzzle, just about the most critical part of the barrel. Recrowning is dirt cheap compared to rebarrelling,so if it doesen't help,you haven't lost much.Just a thought.

greyling22
May 8, 2012, 01:11 AM
anybody tried their mk7 rifle?

Fat_46
May 8, 2012, 07:53 AM
My first Savage barrel swap was a Shaw. It had very good accuracy with handloads. I've also used Shilen, and am now using Criterions. So far, the Criterions are the most accurate, but also the pickiest with ammo. My Criterion 243 shows an honest 1/2" poi difference with .2 grains of powder consistently, and has a VERY tight chamber. In fact, the chamber is so tight I need to small base size the brass the first time!

Depending upon your intended target just about all of the manufacturer's barrels will give you good accuracy

If you enjoyed reading about "Shaw replacement rifle barrels kits ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!