New Romanian RPKs?

PDA

Old Scratch
May 6, 2012, 01:28 PM
I saw an ad in JG Sales that they have new Romanian RPKs coming out. Any info on their quality?

If you enjoyed reading about "New Romanian RPKs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KC.45
May 6, 2012, 05:23 PM
I bought one of the Romanian RPK's from Century through JG Sales about 6 or so months ago. First thing I noticed was the front sight was canted a considerable amount. I was able to fix it myself without much problem however. The second thing I noticed was the bipod was extremely loose in the folded position. It swings back and forth quite a bit under the rifle when folded.

The good things were the finish was not that bad, the magazines locked up extremely tight, and it came with a metal not polymer 40 round mag and came with a cleaning rod.

These are probably like most Century guns. That is hit or miss. I have a friend with the exact same gun and his sight is pretty straight and his bipod locks up extremely tight.

Given the short comings of the rifle I purchased I am still extremely happy with my AES 10b rifle.

Old Scratch
May 6, 2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "New Romanian RPKs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!