About 100 years of 1911's

PDA

Peter M. Eick
May 6, 2012, 04:31 PM
http://eickpm.com/picts/100_years_of_1911s.jpg

The lower is an original 1918, model 1911 and the top is a Les Baer Premier II.

Interesting observation shooting both today. The fit of the slide to the frame is about as tight on both. The ergo's of the 1918 are better in my opinion that the A1 frame on most 1911's. I like the solid frame with no dishing behind the trigger. The sights are much better on the new one, the old one did not give me any hammer bite so the beavertail is not really needed.

I will say that the trigger pull and reset was very similar between both of them. Subjectively shooting them I did not have any issues and thought they were really close.

Both were 100% reliable.

If you enjoyed reading about "About 100 years of 1911's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gp911
May 6, 2012, 11:03 PM
Nice wear marks on that Les Baer!

allaroundhunter
May 7, 2012, 12:02 AM
That Baer looks like it has been through the ringer...I don't think I have every seen a Baer that the owner hasn't babied

gc70
May 7, 2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the very interesting observations, Peter.

I don't think I have every seen a Baer that the owner hasn't babied

Sorta' nice to know that a Baer will stand up to use. :D

allaroundhunter
May 7, 2012, 12:29 AM
Sorta' nice to know that a Baer will stand up to use.

I had no doubts, it is just nice to find one that actually looks like it has been pushed a little ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "About 100 years of 1911's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!