Top shot toys?

PDA

rugerman
May 6, 2012, 05:38 PM
I wonder how a business based on the show would work out, I mean who wouldn't want to be able to play with all those different guns, etc. just for the fun of it. I bet that a lot of us would drop a buck or so to fire a automatic weapon from a moving vehicle or shoot a cannon. I bet that folks would plan a vacation around a place like that I know I'd like to spend a few days there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Top shot toys?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
May 6, 2012, 05:45 PM
You can do it in Vegas!
And what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!
Especially the machineguns!

http://www.discountfirearmsinc.com/articles/machine-gun-rental-las-vegas.html

http://vegasmachineguns.com/Amenities.html

http://www.lasvegasgunrange.net/RangeRentals.aspx

rc

ewlyon
May 6, 2012, 06:33 PM
ive heard about fantasy camp stuff like that, future sister in law planned it as a gift to my brother. Basically you would spend the first half of the day at the range shooting a bunch of cool guns and some full autos, then go to a brewery for the second half.

Kingofthehill
May 6, 2012, 06:48 PM
I have been lucky enough to do target shooting with Full Auto and Hunting Hogs in South Texas out of a helicopter and dang thats as good as it gets.

Ive spent a lot of time in vegas with family and its amazing to watch how many people go to the gun store's there and hand over HUNDREDS sometimes THOUSANDS of dollars to hold down a trigger on something that makes noise simply because its a full auto firearm.

Austin TX could be a good place. Great gun laws, lots of open land and plenty of room to setup events to create a tournament of sorts like Top Shot. Dang that would be fun.

JOe

Averageman
May 6, 2012, 07:22 PM
Austin TX could be a good place. Great gun laws, lots of open land and plenty of room to setup events to create a tournament of sorts like Top Shot. Dang that would be fun.

I would go a bit further North than Austin to do that; otherwise you'll upset the Californians.

mgmorden
May 7, 2012, 10:12 AM
Basically you would spend the first half of the day at the range shooting a bunch of cool guns and some full autos, then go to a brewery for the second half.

Thankfully they got the order right on those two :).

As to the question, what would likely be your problem here is insurance. Having random people "firing machine guns from trucks" isn't going to be cheap to insure. You have to remember that the show a) is pre-screening these people ahead of time to insure that they are "experienced marksmen", and b) has much deeper pockets than most of us, and hence can afford a little more on the legal side.

loose noose
May 7, 2012, 01:02 PM
Well RC you can shoot full auto MG's in a gun shop in Vegas but not from a moving vehicle unfortunately.:D

Sheepdog1968
May 7, 2012, 02:26 PM
Yes, I would love to try some of the shooting things they have done. It does look like fun.

FIVETWOSEVEN
May 7, 2012, 02:29 PM
Well RC you can shoot full auto MG's in a gun shop in Vegas but not from a moving vehicle unfortunately.

Well you can shoot them from a moving planet...

Cal-gun Fan
May 7, 2012, 11:16 PM
We need...like...a Disneyland...but all about guns!

rugerman
May 8, 2012, 08:48 PM
yep I know that insurance would be a pain, you'd need lots of land and a large well trained staff and lots of expensive guns and other hardware not to mention the amount of ammo that would be needed, BUT dam it would be fun. A guy can dream can't he?

CharlieDeltaJuliet
May 9, 2012, 08:27 AM
I just want some of the targets from the show. They would make me very happy for long range shooting.

303tom
May 9, 2012, 10:54 AM
They are not toys !!!!!!!!

CharlieDeltaJuliet
May 9, 2012, 01:00 PM
We all know that they are not toys, I think he refered to them as so as I would a Ferrari....a toy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Top shot toys?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!