I drank that Koolaide!!!

PDA

meanmrmustard
May 6, 2012, 11:13 PM
I did it, I may regret it, but it's done. :banghead:

I traded in a CZ75B, one of my customized models, for a dang Glock. I've never owned a Glock, never liked Glocks...til today. So, what model you ask?

Glock 32.

Why, you ask? I have no idea. I picked it up, and it was the only Glock that "fit" me. Meaning the 19 in theory does too. I just never know anything beyond the full size ones. I like the idea of being able to change calibers, and I know what you guys are thinking: Why .357 sig? Good question, but it's mine now. Brand new.

So, CZ brethren, begin the flames, I deserve it. :(
Glockophiles, I hope you welcome me with open arms. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "I drank that Koolaide!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hAkron
May 6, 2012, 11:33 PM
Congrats on the new gun! 357 Sig is a lot of fun to shoot. How about a picture?

wgp
May 6, 2012, 11:34 PM
Long-time 1911 guy, as dedicated as they come to that platform with several in the collection. One day it occurred to me that I should be open-minded and should maybe own a Glock, if for no other reason it is such an icon of the shooting world. Now have two (a 19 and a 23), planning a third, carry them much more often than any of my 1911s. No pleasing asthetics to be sure, but they are cheaper, hold more rounds and have a reputation for going bang every time (mine have never failed). Dang this open-minded stuff.

allaroundhunter
May 6, 2012, 11:35 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent002.gif

Just kidding, a Glock 32 is slowly but surely climbing up my "wanted" list

meanmrmustard
May 6, 2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks for understanding. It's like I've cheated on a super model with a biker skank.

I'll get pics up in the morning. It's a Gen 3, and the more I hold it, the more I'm diggin it.

jmr40
May 7, 2012, 12:04 AM
Got rid of my CZ's long ago. Don't miss them a bit. You made a major upgrade.

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 12:07 AM
Got rid of my CZ's long ago. Don't miss them a bit. You made a major upgrade.
I've still got 2, as I am a fanboy of the platform.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though. I hope to fire it next weekend. Perks of having your range in the back yard. What are opinions of the 32? I like being able to go up to .40 or down to 9mm.

19-3Ben
May 7, 2012, 12:10 AM
Why .357 sig?

Because a .40cal barrel drops in with no need to change extractors, mags, or springs. So if you invest in the .40S&W barrel, you've got two guns!

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 12:15 AM
Because a .40cal barrel drops in with no need to change extractors, mags, or springs. So if you invest in the .40S&W barrel, you've got two guns!
What about 9x19? That interests me too.

allaroundhunter
May 7, 2012, 12:32 AM
What about 9x19? That interests me too

Again, drop in barrel. Sometime people have no problems with the .40/.357 mags, but others prefer to use G19/17 magazines.

hAkron
May 7, 2012, 12:33 AM
I love my CZ's, but I'm rather fond of my Glock 17 as well. It's my nightstand gun. Mine is a Gen3 Glock 17 and it's a pleasure to shoot. Soft recoil and very accurate.

viking499
May 7, 2012, 12:35 AM
So, CZ brethren, begin the flames, I deserve it.

Got a P01? If so, I will find you another Glock and trade you.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

19-3Ben
May 7, 2012, 12:38 AM
What about 9x19? That interests me too.

Again, drop in barrel. Sometime people have no problems with the .40/.357 mags, but others prefer to use G19/17 magazines.

This. I think some people find they need a new extractor as well but I'm not positive about that.

Here (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=983&CAT=241) is your 9mm conversion barrel. Look on their website for their other conversion barrels.

hogshead
May 7, 2012, 12:52 AM
Biker skanks need love to.

MachIVshooter
May 7, 2012, 01:18 AM
If it works for you, then well done.

I don't especially like my G20, but it has a purpose. I'd be kinda upset if my Witness Limited 10mm, S&W 1006 or Kimber Stainless Target II 10mm were marred in the field or confiscated and carelessly tossed about a locker following a home defense incident. The G20? Meh, just another Glock. It is ugly, not particularly comfortable, and not nearly as accurate as the other 3 mentioned. In point of fact, my Witness compact 10mm shoots better than the G20. But it's good enough at moderate ranges, and almost as reliable as my 1006, which has never had a hiccup in the 7 years I've owned it.

Why not buy a Witness Standard for this purpose, you may ask? Well, in retrospect, I should have, but I already had two Witness 10mm's and wanted to try something different. And different it is. I'll probably hang onto it, but it'll be the only Glock in my stable.

ApacheCoTodd
May 7, 2012, 01:40 AM
Way to "give yourself to the dark side"!

I get dallying with Glocks and in fact appreciate them myself - for the most part - but giving up a CZ! Tell us you have more CZs.

Of course, this being an outstanding opportunity to initiate a back door hate/love fest, I gotta repeat the old mantra.... Without pictures, it didn't happen.

Tinker
May 7, 2012, 02:16 AM
It's like I've cheated on a super model with a biker skank.

Looks aint everything.....plus, a biker chick may be more a lot more fun and less maintanance. :)

I didn't go with the .357 route. Both mine are .40 (G23 G27). The Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel runs fine in both. (The stock G23 barrel even runs in the G27.) You'll just need 9mm mags when using a 9mm conversion barrel.

RugerOldArmy
May 7, 2012, 02:20 AM
It's like I've cheated on a super model with a biker skank.

lol! Almost a perfect sig!

allaroundhunter
May 7, 2012, 02:22 AM
It's like I've cheated on a super model with a biker skank.lol! Almost a perfect sig!

Almost??

carbuncle
May 7, 2012, 02:59 AM
Congrats, I love my G23!

Kiln
May 7, 2012, 03:46 AM
I'll be the odd man out here. I hated my Glock 22 but love my CZ75B and would never trade back.

Bobson
May 7, 2012, 04:03 AM
I'll be the odd man out here. I hated my Glock 22 but love my CZ75B and would never trade back.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent002.gif

(Thanks, AAH :neener: )

ifit
May 7, 2012, 04:40 AM
as long as your happy with what you decide is all that matters right? sold my 2nd gen glock 17L and glock 26, never liked them. but was introduced to the cz line up then got hooked then i bought a shadow and will never buy a glock anymore, instead just recently picked up a steyr c9-a1 this thing is far more comfortable in my hands and far better trigger than a glock.

PabloJ
May 7, 2012, 05:51 AM
I did it, I may regret it, but it's done. :banghead:

I traded in a CZ75B, one of my customized models, for a dang Glock. I've never owned a Glock, never liked Glocks...til today. So, what model you ask?

Glock 32.

Why, you ask? I have no idea. I picked it up, and it was the only Glock that "fit" me. Meaning the 19 in theory does too. I just never know anything beyond the full size ones. I like the idea of being able to change calibers, and I know what you guys are thinking: Why .357 sig? Good question, but it's mine now. Brand new.

So, CZ brethren, begin the flames, I deserve it. :(
Glockophiles, I hope you welcome me with open arms. :)
I had pre-B years ago. More recently I have found NIB limited run one with red star and cyrillic text for $399 which was very reasonable price for something like that, but still passed on the gun. Obviously I have not missed the CZ75. The Glock is more modern and better tool.

PabloJ
May 7, 2012, 05:52 AM
as long as your happy with what you decide is all that matters right? sold my 2nd gen glock 17L and glock 26, never liked them. but was introduced to the cz line up then got hooked then i bought a shadow and will never buy a glock anymore, instead just recently picked up a steyr c9-a1 this thing is far more comfortable in my hands and far better trigger than a glock.
You forgot to mention the Seyr is far more ugly then the Glock. I say the uglier the better.
Steyr makes good dump trucks so perhaps their guns are good to.

ifit
May 7, 2012, 06:20 AM
the steyr is uglier than the glock.....your kidding right?
i think my steyr looks better than a yock.....sorry Glock

wow never knew they made, heavy eqpt. thats pretty cool. they also make some of the best rifles in the world than glock....my bad glock only made pistols:neener: let me know when they come out with a polymer rifle, and polymer heavy eqpt...then we have somethin to talk about;).....just kiddin

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 07:23 AM
Way to "give yourself to the dark side"!

I get dallying with Glocks and in fact appreciate them myself - for the most part - but giving up a CZ! Tell us you have more CZs.

Of course, this being an outstanding opportunity to initiate a back door hate/love fest, I gotta repeat the old mantra.... Without pictures, it didn't happen.
I do, in fact. One is a pre B, the other my Cold War Commemorative.

I'll post pics ASAP. Holding it now, and my hand may grow into it.
I've never been one of those "you'll get used to it" type of folks. This one just feels right, and it's about time I found a Glock I could hold and not want to throw it.

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 07:30 AM
This. I think some people find they need a new extractor as well but I'm not positive about that.

Here (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=983&CAT=241) is your 9mm conversion barrel. Look on their website for their other conversion barrels.
Thanks for the link.

bikerdoc
May 7, 2012, 08:28 AM
Wow, what a big fuss cause a guy found a pistol he liked.

Ok so much for logic, now comes the humor.

I have CZ's cause I am allergic to polymer.
My biker wife was Miss Virginia 1974
Koolade gives me gas.
Real men carry 1911's
And without pics, your just funnin us :)

Enjoy what you like, I fully suscribe to It feels right axiom.

Robbins290
May 7, 2012, 09:59 AM
Lol bikerdoc! :-)

I must love all the coolaid. Couse im only missin the cz75 from my list. Maybe in a year or so, i will pick up the phantom

bannockburn
May 7, 2012, 11:20 AM
Like my Glock 17 but like my Steyr M9 just a little bit more...

Like my Steyr M9 but like my CZ P01 just a little bit more...

Like my CZ P01 but like my Ruger SR9c just a little bit more...

Like my Browning Hi-Power most of all.

allaroundhunter
May 7, 2012, 11:35 AM
the steyr is uglier than the glock.....your kidding right?
i think my steyr looks better than a yock.....sorry Glock

.....I think I like the Glock's looks better.....I just hate the huge trigger on the Steyr; I don't know why, it just bugs me...

WvHiker
May 7, 2012, 02:38 PM
I just don't see where Glocks are so ugly. They just look like a gun to me. I guess I'm I'm the clear minority, but they feel fine and point naturally for me. I have other guns and want others still, but for a carry gun I think for me the Glocks are "just right".

Jorg Nysgerrig
May 7, 2012, 03:08 PM
What? You exchanged one mass-produced consumer grade handgun for another? There goes the camaraderie of an affinity group based upon the deep and enduring bond of buying the same item. :(

pistolpositive
May 7, 2012, 03:47 PM
I would have exchanged one my S&W K-frames before I would have traded my CZ75B for a Glock. That being said, I used my wife's gen-4 19 Saturday at a defensive pistol class and it was a wonderful gun. I would have used my PPS instead, but did not have enough mags or a really good holster.
Can't fault one for buying a Glock. Sorry to read it came at the expense of a CZ.

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 06:21 PM
What? You exchanged one mass-produced consumer grade handgun for another? There goes the camaraderie of an affinity group based upon the deep and enduring bond of buying the same item. :(
Touché .

I will post pics as soon as the old lady gets home. I'm computer retarded.

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 06:23 PM
I would have exchanged one my S&W K-frames before I would have traded my CZ75B for a Glock. That being said, I used my wife's gen-4 19 Saturday at a defensive pistol class and it was a wonderful gun. I would have used my PPS instead, but did not have enough mags or a really good holster.
Can't fault one for buying a Glock. Sorry to read it came at the expense of a CZ.
There are others, don't fret.

breacher
May 7, 2012, 07:23 PM
yeah, gotta have pics because nobody knows what a Glock looks like.
for those who can't wait, here's a G32 OD but he prolly has an all black one, just guessing
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7372/g32od.jpg

and here's an ugly Steyr M40, first I chopped the grip to S40 length and then I stippled the grip-
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/834/stip3.jpg

my philosophy- Pretty CZ's and 1911's are for showing your friends, Glocks and Steyrs are for showing your enemies.

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 07:25 PM
yeah, gotta have pics because nobody knows what a Glock looks like.
for those who can't wait, here's a G32 OD but he prolly has an all black one, just guessing
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7372/g32od.jpg

and here's an ugly Steyr M40, first I chopped the grip to S40 length and then I stippled the grip-
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/834/stip3.jpg

my philosophy- Pretty CZ's and 1911's are for showing your friends, Glocks and Steyrs are for showing your enemies.
You are correct, all black. Shell be here shortly, and we will see a black Glock!

I like yours breacher, OD is always fashionable.
Also, your philosophy would make q decent sig.

skt239
May 7, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks for understanding. It's like I've cheated on a super model with a biker skank.

I'll get pics up in the morning. It's a Gen 3, and the more I hold it, the more I'm diggin it.

I'm more interested in seeing the customized CZ you traded away.

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 08:16 PM
I'm more interested in seeing the customized CZ you traded away.
That, I've no pic of unfortunately. I don't do many pics, but I'm working on getting the G32 up as we type.

Edit: Pics posted in OP

Ex
May 7, 2012, 08:46 PM
If it works for you, then well done.

I don't especially like my G20, but it has a purpose. I'd be kinda upset if my Witness Limited 10mm, S&W 1006 or Kimber Stainless Target II 10mm were marred in the field or confiscated and carelessly tossed about a locker following a home defense incident. The G20? Meh, just another Glock. It is ugly, not particularly comfortable, and not nearly as accurate as the other 3 mentioned. In point of fact, my Witness compact 10mm shoots better than the G20. But it's good enough at moderate ranges, and almost as reliable as my 1006, which has never had a hiccup in the 7 years I've owned it.

Why not buy a Witness Standard for this purpose, you may ask? Well, in retrospect, I should have, but I already had two Witness 10mm's and wanted to try something different. And different it is. I'll probably hang onto it, but it'll be the only Glock in my stable.
Know what you mean here about the G20. I have a G20, G22, and G29. The 22 I love. And I like the G29 a lot more than the G20. Shoots better for me.

Couldn't shoot it without the mag extensions for my pinky finger though. In spite of the 29 better a bit shorter, I'm much more accurate with it than the 20.

michiganfan
May 7, 2012, 08:53 PM
No one can own just one.

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 08:55 PM
No one can own just one.
Depends on the wallet. I got this 32 straight up. Theyre not as cheap as folks think.

Jorg Nysgerrig
May 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
What? You exchanged one mass-produced consumer grade handgun for another? There goes the camaraderie of an affinity group based upon the deep and enduring bond of buying the same item.

Touché .
I'm just giving you a hard time. It seems a lot of people these days like to conflate who they are and what they buy. As long as you're happy, shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. (Except for the wife. That always seems to matter.)

meanmrmustard
May 7, 2012, 10:05 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time. It seems a lot of people these days like to conflate who they are and what they buy. As long as you're happy, shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. (Except for the wife. That always seems to matter.)
Luckily for me, she's not a huge fan, which means I don't have to share!!!!

I agree...so much is based on affinity, Jorg. But, I've never been a conformist, which leaves me open to so many possibilities. I have been anti-Glock, but this lil guy feels right, albeit ammo is costly, but the possibilities for customization are near endless. I am happy, and I appreciate the comment, as it seems we've all lost sight of what we ALL have in common: If this were a wheel gun discussion, this thread wouldn't be here. I appreciate a reliable, fast pointing, hard hitting auto that can shoot in any circumstance with little to no preference for ammo, lube, the elements, or range I'm using it at. I've owned several that I can say will do this. It's time to give a Glock a try. It's not
a CZ, a custom 1911, or a venerable battle ready Sig. It's a Block, an ugly, reliable, polymer weapon. They, as I'm told, are accurate, point well, and depending on model can be comfy (such is my case with the Compact line). Arses will be kicked, targets shredded, and steel clanged. While not as ground leveling as the 1911, in less than 100 years, these fantastic plastics may change the game.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a fanboy...haven't shot it yet!

Dan-O
May 8, 2012, 01:25 AM
Big fan of the .357 sig. Specially when you make nice little head turning fireballs like this at the range:

a7451f38.mp4 video by yeahitsthatbig - Photobucket (http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/yeahitsthatbig/?action=view&current=a7451f38.mp4)

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 08:02 AM
Big fan of the .357 sig. Specially when you make nice little head turning fireballs like this at the range:

a7451f38.mp4 video by yeahitsthatbig - Photobucket (http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/yeahitsthatbig/?action=view&current=a7451f38.mp4)
That IS impressive! Just wish the ammo didn't require a second mortgage.

hAkron
May 8, 2012, 08:19 AM
If you reload, 357 Sig will cost you about $120/k, or about $6.00 for a box of 50.

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 08:23 AM
If you reload, 357 Sig will cost you about $120/k, or about $6.00 for a box of 50.
I dont (scoff) as my fiancé thinks it dangerous, even though I tried to assure her it's not, and saves money. I have non reloading supplies, never done it, but always wanted to.

atomd
May 8, 2012, 08:44 AM

If I had never reloaded anything, loading .357 sig wouldn't be my first attempt though.

ForumSurfer
May 8, 2012, 10:35 AM
What? You exchanged one mass-produced consumer grade handgun for another? There goes the camaraderie of an affinity group based upon the deep and enduring bond of buying the same item

He-he. That's kinda funny right there.

I seem to have remembered several negative glock posts by mrmustard. Don't feel bad, search my history and you'll find the same thing. :)

I prefer the compact, too. I'm not especially warming to my gen4 34. I may have it cut down to a 19 grip. If I do that, I'm no longer able to run it in SSP, so I guess I may as well plan on getting the slide milled as well as adding a j-point or trijicon RMR.

SFsc616171
May 8, 2012, 10:58 AM
'Tis better to have one in the holster, or the pocket,
Than just be another name on that creep's lawyer docket.
So, 'tis black, 'tic nickel, 'tis camo, 'tis just blue,
As long as it works, and saves that butt o' you!
'Into the dark place', 'Tis 9, 'tis 40, 'tis 45, 'tis 38,
Isn't seeing the sun the next morning, great?
I, who read these writings, with three books nearby,
Raise my cup of hot brew, above the keyboard, high.
To those who go to dark places and live nearby.
What three books, ask you all?
"Patriot's Handbook", "My Grimoire", "The Late Steve Camp's BHP Manual".

(good shooting everyone, front sight! front sight! front sight!)

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 02:30 PM
He-he. That's kinda funny right there.

I seem to have remembered several negative glock posts by mrmustard. Don't feel bad, search my history and you'll find the same thing. :)

I prefer the compact, too. I'm not especially warming to my gen4 34. I may have it cut down to a 19 grip. If I do that, I'm no longer able to run it in SSP, so I guess I may as well plan on getting the slide milled as well as adding a j-point or trijicon RMR.

Theyre still ugly, and I don't put them on a pedestal just yet. The few I have had the displeasure of firing were full size, not compacts. That changes the generalization with which I've hated Glocks. I LIKE THE COMPACT!!! It actually fits me!!!:):):)

ForumSurfer
May 8, 2012, 02:37 PM
Theyre still ugly, and I don't put them on a pedestal just yet.

They'll always be ugly and I think it's part of the allure. They don't belong on a pedestal, they belong in a holster firing 1000's of rounds a year and doing your darnedest to wear it out. :)

I LIKE THE COMPACT!!! It actually fits me!!!

Same here. The gen4 sub compact suits me, too. I just wish I could put that 34 slide and it's sight radius on top of my 19. I'm just more comfortable with the compact.

I'm not buying into the perfection crap, but I do enjoy shooting and owning the compacts/sub compacts. I also found that many of my initial concerns mattered very little once I ran more than 100 rounds through it. It just worked for me despite me wanting it not to. ;)

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 02:40 PM
They'll always be ugly and I think it's part of the allure. They don't belong on a pedestal, they belong in a holster firing 1000's of rounds a year and doing your darnedest to wear it out. :)

Same here. The gen4 sub compact suits me, too. I just wish I could put that 34 slide and it's sight radius on top of my 19. I'm just more comfortable with the compact.

I'm not buying into the perfection crap, but I do enjoy shooting and owning the compacts/sub compacts. I also found that many of my initial concerns mattered very little once I ran more than 100 rounds through it. It just worked for me despite me wanting it not to. ;)
It'll make a fine do-it-all, well, minus safe queen. I am as proud of this 32 as the LGS is of the ammo it fires!!!

I've noticed the 32 is a bit more top heavy than the G19...thicker barrel maybe?

MachIVshooter
May 8, 2012, 08:19 PM
No one can own just one.

I can. And if EAA ever actually gets the Sarsilmaz K2 10mm (17+1 rounds capacity) distributed, the G20 may well be sold/traded.

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 08:37 PM
I can. And if EAA ever actually gets the Sarsilmaz K2 10mm (17+1 rounds capacity) distributed, the G20 may well be sold/traded.
That is a ridiculous amount of firepower. You may be able to throw it at someone and be as deadly.

allaroundhunter
May 8, 2012, 09:25 PM
I can. And if EAA ever actually gets the Sarsilmaz K2 10mm (17+1 rounds capacity) distributed, the G20 may well be sold/traded.That is a ridiculous amount of firepower. You may be able to throw it at someone and be as deadly.

I agree.....it would make my 17+1 9mm seem quite inadequate...

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 09:43 PM
:cool:I had pre-B years ago. More recently I have found NIB limited run one with red star and cyrillic text for $399 which was very reasonable price for something like that, but still passed on the gun. Obviously I have not missed the CZ75. The Glock is more modern and better tool.
I have one of those. It's my fave of the CZs that I own. Bought it new, best not to bring those up though. Walt Sherrill may be lurking;)

Better tool? We'll see. My guess, theyre AS good.

AFDavis11
May 8, 2012, 09:50 PM
.357 Sig? So, what's that like? similar to .357 Mag?

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 09:56 PM
.357 Sig? So, what's that like? similar to .357 Mag?
Supposedly, it's on par with the magnum with 125 gr. and out of a four inch barrel. Essentially, it's a 9 on a heavy dose of crack. As for similar? Idk for sure, someone else may have to clarify. I do know it is a fast, hard hitting lil dude. Most factory numbers I've seen average 1300+ fps and over 500 ft/lbs. Test media shot on video usually gets devastated by it. But it's costly.

Sam Cade
May 8, 2012, 11:21 PM

Indeed.

The mind boggles at how the sense of self could even be maintained through such tribulation.

I changed deodorant a couple weeks ago and had to apply for a new SSN.

meanmrmustard
May 8, 2012, 11:53 PM
I haven't any brand preference, so I shoot what works, sell the crap.

I prefer 24/7 Speed Stick gel. :rolleyes:

MachIVshooter
May 9, 2012, 12:18 AM
You may be able to throw it at someone and be as deadly.

They're actually not all that heavy, despite being an all-steel, large framed handgun. They're listed at 40 ounces unloaded, which is just a little more than a 1911.

Nice looking guns, and the .45's (which hold 14+1) have had very positive reviews. It just seems to be taking forever for the 10mm to turn up. Many of us are waiting anxiously.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/eaa-sar-k2.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "I drank that Koolaide!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!