Positive portrayal of kids shooting in a movie!

PDA

Owen Sparks
May 7, 2012, 01:26 PM
The other night I went to see the new Three Stooges movie. The plot was awful but worth suffering through as it was a set up for the stooges hilarious antics. The 'lion scene' alone was worth the price of admission. I laughed so hard that it embarrised my wife. Anyway, the premise of the movie was that the stooges had to raise money to save the orphanage where they grew up so Moe went on a reality show.

SPOILER ALERT!

As you probably guessed the Stooges saved the orphanage. In the last scene they went back to the now thriving orphanage that looked more like a summer camp with a swimming pool, tennis court and a skeet range! Kids were shown busting clays under the supervision of one of the nuns. Although brief, this scene portrayed shooting as a fun positive activity for children.

This is something that you NEVER see in a modern Hollywood movie.

Times they are a changing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Positive portrayal of kids shooting in a movie!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountryUgly
May 7, 2012, 03:25 PM
That's nice the sport got a little love.

Skribs
May 7, 2012, 03:51 PM
Lions and skeet? Reminds me of second-Hand Lions when they used ears of corn (because their "diverse" garden turned out to all be corn) for skeet shooting.

allaroundhunter
May 7, 2012, 10:10 PM
Lions and skeet? Reminds me of second-Hand Lions when they used ears of corn (because their "diverse" garden turned out to all be corn) for skeet shooting.

I thought they used fish? ;)

threefeathers
May 7, 2012, 10:17 PM
about time

Dmitri Popov
May 7, 2012, 10:33 PM
Loved the movie, so did the wife. We also noticed the Skeet shooting, i giggled when i saw it to be honest. I love seeing any shooting placed in a positive light, but especially when kids are involved.

Owen Sparks
May 7, 2012, 11:50 PM
This would not have happened in a movie ten years ago.

If you enjoyed reading about "Positive portrayal of kids shooting in a movie!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!