FEG .22 auto this morning at LGS

PDA

Tallbald
May 12, 2012, 02:25 PM
Took a chance on a NIB FEG (SMC) .22 auto this morning, for $214 OTD. Took it out in the back yard, function fired it with Mini-Mags, 5 magazines, without a hitch. Pretty neat for a PPK wannabe. Don

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG .22 auto this morning at LGS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JERRY
May 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
those are Hungarian PPK look-a-likes. a bit rough but functional in .380acp from what ive experienced.

usp9
May 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
Nice find. I'm sure you'll get a million bucks worth of smiles for that small investment. Enjoy.

Kiln
May 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
FEG makes good guns. I know guys with PA63 pistols chambered in 9x18 that love theirs. I personally own one identical that is chambered in .32acp and it is much more comfortable to shoot. Several hundred rounds with no jams.

Quick tip, if these guns are anything like yours then watch when you take off the grips as there are two free floating pins that can fall out and make the gun a paperweight. The only issue I had with this gun was due to my own error after one of the pins fell out when reassembling it.

wally
May 12, 2012, 05:24 PM
Took a chance on a NIB FEG (SMC) .22 auto this morning

Was this new "old stock" or are they importing them again? Mine has worked well and is a lot of fun to shoot -- get the PPK fix with dirt cheap ammo :)

Mags are hard to find, that's why I hope if they are importing them again more mags might appear.

Dr.Rob
May 12, 2012, 07:45 PM
Old stock, FEG doesn't exist anymore. It's too bad as they made a pretty good Hi-power clone.

Those SMC versions were available in 22, 32 and 380.

I have never seen one in 9mm Mak, but I wouldn't doubt they exist.

Onmilo
May 12, 2012, 09:03 PM
FEG made a PP version in 9mm Makarov

Dr. Sandman
May 12, 2012, 09:34 PM
I bought a FEG .22 PPK wannabe about 3 years ago. I tried everything, but for some reason, it only seems to feed well with the Remington Golden Bullet. I also get double and even the ocasional triple tap with mine. Are you having a similar experience?

Tallbald
May 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
Actually until I get to shoot it some more tomorrow, I won't know if it's long term reliable to suit me. I'll say I am impressed with the apparent good quality of the gun, given the price point. Don

KevininPa
May 13, 2012, 12:55 AM
.....FEG SMC .380 that shot dead on accurate. Nice, deep bluing. Was a great PPK clone. Great for pocket carry because unlike the Walther, it had an alloy frame. It didn't feel like a brick in the pocket. Unfortunately it still had the PPK slide-bite so I sold it. The web on my hand got butchered badly. Now I wish I kept it just so it would be a neat match for the FEG HI Power clone that I just picked up. Great gun, by the time I was done with the second box of ammo, I was making just a ragged hole at 12 yards. Point of interest, from what I researched, the FEG SMC series was the smallest pistol ever imported ( at that time. Came in .22, .380, 9mm Mak. ). Internet research mind you, I may be wrong. That would be a neat pistol in .22, congrats!

280shooter
May 13, 2012, 01:52 AM
I bought a FEG r61 in 380 years ago. its never failed to feed or fire. you'll have a blast shooting your little gun,Years of smile. Find what ammo it likes. and you will lots of fun.I also have a Iver JohnsonTP22. I shot 1000s of rounds out it, All sorts of ammo. sometimes it fails to extract, but not to offten,,

Tallbald
May 13, 2012, 02:56 AM
I wonder when this little gun I bought was made? Wonder when they were imported?

KevininPa
May 13, 2012, 11:58 AM
........on it, I think it's from the 80s or early 90s. But don't quote me on that.

Tallbald
May 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
Mine says SMC if that matters. Don.

Dr.Rob
May 13, 2012, 07:31 PM
FEG had several PP style autos derived from the Pa-63 military pistol in 9mm Mak.

Some were rebarreled and re-branded as the AP-9 (mine is marked both Pa-63 and AP-9). Some were blue/aluminum, some were blue + adonized aluminum.

The SMC is a smaller pistol overall, with a shorter barrel, grip frame and rounded off rear of the action. The SMC might have been derived from a military or police prototype, but I have never seen the 'military' designation of the SMC.

All of them have a pretty gritty/heavy DA trigger. They are neat little pistols.

Orion8472
May 14, 2012, 11:17 AM
Sorry sir, . . . I don't buy your story. Without pictures, . . . I just don't think this happened. Prove me wrong by posting a few nice pictures for us all to ogle. :scrutiny:

:)

sarge83
May 14, 2012, 11:24 AM
I have one of these little critters and it's a fun to shoot and pretty accurate. I paid couple hundred for mine as well at the local gun/pawn. Mine came with two mags and a holster. You got a nice gun, enjoy shooting it!

Tallbald
May 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
Well let me try to post these countertop photos....

Orion8472
May 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
Proof has been given. Looks like a very fun little gun! :)

280shooter
May 15, 2012, 12:42 AM
you'll love that little gun,,try all sorts of ammo.. shoot it alot.Yea the double action is rough, it does get a tad better with shooting,,,Great find,,I would like to find something like your new find, to replace my TP22,

280shooter
May 15, 2012, 12:58 AM
Hey tallbald. check out these grips..
http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=Grips_in_action-models&picture=pa631

Tallbald
May 15, 2012, 02:11 AM
Dang those are handsome grips! Don

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG .22 auto this morning at LGS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!