Misdirection for security's sake?

PDA

Amadeus
February 18, 2004, 02:25 PM
I used to know a guy who, when flying, would place bio-hazard stickers on his gun case to dissuade prying eyes and sticky hands. This of course was pre-9/11 and I would not recommend attempting it now.

I am curious to know if anyone uses a bit of similar misdirection either on their gun safes, gun cases, or elsewhere in their home to keep away unauthorized people. Does anyone do this or something like it to to their gun cases, or even their HOME?

If you enjoyed reading about "Misdirection for security's sake?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
swingcatt
February 18, 2004, 02:45 PM
I've thought about buying a huge gun safe, then hiding all my guns in a hidden closet and leaving the safe locked but empty. Does that count?

What about putting a big sign on the closet that says "Septic Tank Access"?

SC

Amadeus
February 18, 2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah. That definitely counts. Septic tank access. Oooh. I LIKE that one.

jhisaac1
February 18, 2004, 03:11 PM
Somewhere I heard of someone who (after declaring their firearm) when flying, puts the locked/stickered gun case into the ugliest case they can find. Something like a pea green toiletry case, etc.

whm1974
February 18, 2004, 07:56 PM
I've thought about buying a huge gun safe, then hiding all my guns in a hidden closet and leaving the safe locked but empty. Does that count?

If you do that I would put some cheap guns in there as bugaler bait.
An empty safe is petty clear that you have another one hidden somewhere.

Bill Meadows

If you enjoyed reading about "Misdirection for security's sake?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!