ain't it amazing!

PDA

ldhulk
May 13, 2012, 05:23 PM
Amazing to me anyhow, what some people (collectors) will pay for odd guns. I was just checking a used gun site, (Yankee Artifacts), where they had two BAR hunting rifles with scopes, one 30-06, one 300 mag; asking about $650 each, for what I'd consider pretty desirable rifles. Next a Spanish destroyer carbine, which seems about as useless a gun as you could find, and they wanted more money for it than the Brownings. I remember when those were selling for about $50. I know, you can find all the BAR's you want, and the destroyers are scarce, but still, I know which one I'd rather have.

If you enjoyed reading about "ain't it amazing!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
May 13, 2012, 06:06 PM
Destroyers used to be plentiful and dirt cheap. Has that changed, or is it an isolated seller trying to get something for nothing.

csa77
May 14, 2012, 12:35 AM
i dont know if they are rare but i do belive they are pretty scarce. i read befor that they only made 50,000 of them. last year i saw a destroyer for around 600 on simpsons site.if i wanted a BAR i could order one brand new from any gunshop in america, im sure they have made ALOT more then 50,000 BARs

i hope the brazilian vz24 guerilla rifles appreciate as well as the destroyer has, they only made 15,000 of them. i picked one up not too long ago just for how uncommon they are.

medalguy
May 14, 2012, 11:42 PM
Yankee Artifacts does have some very desirable guns from time to time.

If you enjoyed reading about "ain't it amazing!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!