Hey! This CZ75B is great.

PDA

Tallbald
May 14, 2012, 11:08 PM
Some might remember that last week I really lucked into a deal on a satin stainless 75B. Got to shoot it informally yesterday for the first time, and I am truly impressed. As a preventive thing, I applied a little Breakfree CLP to its rails. This artwork-in-steel didn't miss a beat with the WW white box I tried, or the Hydrashoks I loaded up. I was at my in-laws little farm and it was pretty muddy, and there really isn't an ideal spot to shoot paper targets to test for accuracy, but If the tin can I was shooting at is any indication, she a shooter.
I did note a couple things. Mine has three dot night sights, which I am not used to. I'll have to develop my skills in using them. I'm really not sure of just what sight picture I need to use!
Second, I noticed that in recoil, the curved trigger end catches my trigger finger as the muzzle rises. Kind of like I remember my dad's H-iPower did years ago. I'll get used to it though.
Something else I've wondered is since CZ serial numbered the frame, slide and barrel (I like this since to me it shows attention to detail), if I ever had to ship the slide for work, would that be a no-no?
Looking forward to trying some paper punching, and seeing if I can make a suitable holster. Don

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey! This CZ75B is great." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kiln
May 14, 2012, 11:23 PM
They are awesome and famous for their reliability and durability. These guns can go a long time without breakages and when parts do break it is usually something small that is easy to fix.

coalman
May 15, 2012, 03:38 AM
Great, great shooters. Feels quite good in the hand. Congrats.

Walt Sherrill
May 15, 2012, 10:37 AM
If you have to ship only the slide -- like getting night sights installed by a maker -- the serial number is not an issue. Only the receiver/frame is considered a firearm by ATF and US Postal Service regulations. You can ship anything except the frame without any special handling or concern (which means, by mail, insured, instead of UPS or FedEx, a big cost savings.) The frame, alone, is considered the firearm, and if you ship it stripped, you're still shipping a firearm.

You'll find that the trigger improves with use. Most folks say that it'll take 300+ rounds to smooth it out to where it ought to be. That wasn't always the case. When I've gotten a new CZ, I simply take it for a trigger job by a local gunsmith. It may cost about the same as shooting 300-400 rounds, and I can't stand shooting guns with grungy triggers.

I think that if I buy any new CZs in the future, it'll be through the CZ Custom Shop, with trigger work already done.

tekarra
May 15, 2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats on your new cZ. They are great pistols; I started shooting them in the early 80s and have always had one or two or more in the safe.

The Lone Haranguer
May 15, 2012, 10:01 PM
Something else I've wondered is since CZ serial numbered the frame, slide and barrel (I like this since to me it shows attention to detail), if I ever had to ship the slide for work, would that be a no-no?

No. In fact, if only the slide is to be worked on (e.g., sights, extractor, refinishing the slide only), you can send it by Priority Mail.

Tallbald
May 15, 2012, 11:27 PM
Thank you all. This is comforting information. Don

sirgilligan
May 15, 2012, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the update. You will love it more and more, and then a little more.

CZguy
May 17, 2012, 01:11 AM
I think that if I buy any new CZs in the future, it'll be through the CZ Custom Shop, with trigger work already done.

That is my plan also. :)

towboat_er
May 17, 2012, 01:27 AM
Great gun!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on a fine purchase!!!!!!!!!

millertyme
May 17, 2012, 01:38 AM
Congrats. #*$&!^@*##&*)*@@!&'ing Congrats.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on another one as sson as they get stock around here.

Kiln
May 17, 2012, 06:35 AM
CZ triggers will smooth themselves out after a couple hundred rounds. They have some of the nicest SA triggers I've ever experienced once they're broken in.

Wanderling
May 17, 2012, 08:31 AM
You lucky dog ;). I was trying to get a CZ75B as my first gun, but couldn't find it anywhere in stock. I am sort of glad I went with Glock though, the light weight let me concentrate on developing my shooting technique rather than trying to hold it steady. But I will get one sooner or later (probably a PCR or compact). They are sexy beyond measure.

Walt Sherrill
May 17, 2012, 10:27 AM
I was trying to get a CZ75B as my first gun, but couldn't find it anywhere in stock. I am sort of glad I went with Glock though, the light weight let me concentrate on developing my shooting technique rather than trying to hold it steady. But I will get one sooner or later (probably a PCR or compact). They are sexy beyond measure.

Nothing wrong with that. I have had both, and still have both. I like both. The Glocks (like a 19) are a bit lighter.

I've used both in IDPA competition. The CZ, for me, points more naturally, but I've sometimes gotten better scores and times with a Glock 34.

For sheer fun at the range, or if I knew ahead of time that I needed a gun to protect myself, I would probably go with my CZ "clone", a much-gunsmithed AT-84s (Swiss-made, based on the Tanfoglio copy of the CZ).

Get the CZ when you can, and enjoy your Glock in the meantime.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey! This CZ75B is great." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!