Tried for Brownie Points

PDA

WALKERs210
May 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
My wife and I have been doing the gardening thing and had just about 98% of what we planned finished. Today the wheels were turning, go out ahead and finish off all the work. Got to get MaMa pleased with that "right -- ?" master plan was to grab a couple rifles and go to back of property and waste some shells. Well MaMa came out and yes she was pleased but since I had done all the other work "why don't we do this n that. Shot the heck out of my time schedule. Long story short by the time we finished it was getting to close to dark thirty so I fell back on my Gamo .177 cal pellet rifle. Shooting at a range of 25yds I set up my shooting table and get started. I hung up a 100yd target since I had those ready but for some reason I doubt that I could have hit a barn 10ft away. After having to walk back and forth to see where I was hitting I fell back on the splatter targets, now is getting darker but on 9X I could see a little. Never felt so ashamed of my shooting in my life, but I had to man up and admit that between lower light, eyes not as sharp, and hands not as steady I scored a big 0 but at least I did hit the paper.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tried for Brownie Points" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountryUgly
May 19, 2012, 09:16 AM
HA....sorry bout your luck and I know how you feel, my honey do list never ends:uhoh:. Glad to know I'm not the only one confined to the back porch with a pellet gun cause you get called back to the house before getting to the south end of the back forty:rolleyes:. As far as the goose egg score goes blame it on the humidity cause we all know how muggy and sticky it's been in Bama this week. That thick wet air will totally kill your groupings ya know.;)

Robert
May 19, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ok, I am going to reopen this. After some thought this morning I decided that it is not fair to the OP that one person should wreck their thread. I have deleted the offending post and those in response to it.

However, THR does not do relationship counseling. If someone's relationship or life choices make no sense to you take it to PM. If you must... There will be no more questions about why we do what in our relationships. No more head scratching about it. Nothing. If it comes up again I will lock this thread again and it will be for good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tried for Brownie Points" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!