Kahr CS not very good

PDA

gunsnsprinkles
May 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
I bought a CW9 new about a month ago. I had the mag drop out every other shot and Kahr sent a new metal mag release for it, and that seemed to take care of the problem. I now had after 500 rounds the recoil spring break. I called Kahr and was told to go on to the sight and buy another spring. Nice, a new gun and they want me to buy a spring. I think I may get a wolf spring and then sell the gun and get a Glock 26 like I wanted in the first place. I think Kahr is loosing their edge. :fire::cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr CS not very good" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ku4hx
May 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
Wait 24 hours and call again, maybe you'll get a different guy. When you call, shoot the breeze a bit with him/her and make it partially a social call. Sometimes you just have to schmooze a bit to get what you want and/or deserve.

Once in a row seldom sets a trend.

usp9
May 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Could you explain how the recoil spring broke... in what way? I have several Kahrs and read threads related to them and have never encountered this problem, so I'm curious about this malfunction.

fastbolt
May 21, 2012, 02:10 PM
Just out of curiosity, how did your recoil spring "break"?

I've seen recoil springs (and recoil spring assemblies, guide rods, etc) become damaged, but the spring "breaking"? Gotta picture? Curious. Just wonder if it's a spring problem, or a symptom of something else that might require factory attention and correction. (Might be why they'd like to check it, right?)

I know you've just recently bought the pistol, but did you plan to keep at least one spare recoil spring on hand at some point? Ditto magazine springs? Handy at times.

Have you disassembled the pistol since buying it and installed the recoil spring incorrectly? Just curious. I know someone who did that with a Kahr and really damaged their recoil spring. It required replacement.

Weevil
May 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah I was considering a Kahr for a small 9mm CCW.

After some research on the net and asking around locally I got a Glock 26.

Maybe the Kahrs are good but I heard too much negative stuff for my liking. I've owned Glocks so I knew what I was getting but the Kahr would have been my first and maybe someday I'll get one to run through the wringer and see for myself, but for now I needed something I could trust out of the box.

The G26 has been flawless.

Sapper771
May 21, 2012, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I agree with ku4hx, try calling back another day to see if you get a different response. Keep us posted.

I also recommend the Glock 26. I love mine.

Billy Shears
May 21, 2012, 05:54 PM
Bob's Gun Shop, here in Norfolk, has stopped selling Kahr's because they were getting too many complaints and too many returned guns. One of them was mine. Mine had a plethora of issues. One was magazines dropping out while firing, like the gun in the OP. Another was jamming once or twice per magazine (that was reduced to once every two or three magazines after the third trip back to the factory). Another was the striker failing to reset. I got rid of it, needless to say.

On the other hand, I have an all stainless Mk40 I bought about ten years ago, which has never jammed. But after my experience with the TP40, and horror stories from many other Kahr owners, I am actually somewhat reluctant to carry it anymore. Although it's done well at the range, I've never really gone through an extended range session with it and worked it really hard. I've only ever operated it under ideal conditions, and I am worried it would fail under less than ideal ones, like those subcompact 1911s that some instructors notice can't ever manage to complete a days-long training course.

gunsnsprinkles
May 22, 2012, 07:59 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a photo or the spring, when it broke at the range I disassembled it and threw it in the waste barrel, after a bit of :cuss:. The thing is I called Kahr about three weeks ago about the mag dropping out. I was told they would send me an all metal one to replace the plastic one. I replaced it and took it to the range and ran about 100 rounds with no more dropping mag.

I love the size of this gun and it replaced my Taurus 709 that was a jamomatic. I put the hoge grip sleeve on it and it feels great in my hand. I can hit well with it also at ten yards [farther than it would need to shoot in most cases] The strange thing is I have called Kahr three times and gotten the same English accented guy every time. [do they only have one guy or do I just happen to get the same CS agent?]

The spring broke in the middle on one coil. Looked like it just was too brittle or maybe damaged at the factory in some way. When it broke it did not return to battery and I could tell right away it did not have tension on the slide. I can't see how the gun could have been faulty and damaged the spring in any way. Its not a high end part, its 8 bucks for a wolf spring at Midway.

I may give Kahr CS one more call to see if I can get a different CS agent and maybe a different attitude. I can't see paying 20 bucks to send a gun back and then wait 4 or 6 weeks to get the gun back.

Personally I would prefer a captured spring in the Kahr. Funny but my brother just bought two Glocks and was telling me that they have a problem with the guide rod breaking. I took my old gen 2 19 out of the safe and took a look and sure enough the end of the guide rod where it fits into the grove was half snapped off. I did not throw this one away and ordered a SS LW replacement. I will call Glock to see if they will send another for a spare.

I am sad to see Kahr even though they are son of song young moon cult, loose their quality edge. They always had a reputation of being top notch.

sloman
May 22, 2012, 08:30 AM
Kahr lost their edge years ago. I've had several Kahr's, all polymer versions and one K40. Never had a problem out of the k40, but the polymer's were all problematic. I could not trust my life to any of them and sold them all. Kahr's CS was spotty. But what does Kahr care? The way guns are selling today and many to new gun owners, what's to care about a little thing called 'reliability'?? Just hope some newbie does not get a failed gun at the time of need.

gunsnsprinkles
May 22, 2012, 08:51 AM
Good point Solman. I just called Glock about my cracked guide rod, its on a 2nd gen 19 and they did not even want to hear about an explination just sent one out. LOL Kahr better get it togeather or they will be left in the dust. No company can have this kind of CS for long. I may sell my CW and get a Smith compact M&P or a 26 Glock. BTW I had a problem with a mag from my M&P full size and smith did not even want a serial number, they just wanted my address. Kahr may become the Yougo of the gun world if they are not carful. I hated the idea they were part of the moonie cult in the first place. But there was soooo much hype on line about how great these are.

gunsnsprinkles
May 22, 2012, 09:37 AM
Well I called Kahr one more time and got the same idiot. Some guy who has a heavy English accent. I asked him very politely why it is that Smith sent me a new mag and Glock is sending me a new guide rod and Kahr wants me to spend 20 bucks and wait 6 weeks for a 2 dollar spring? He said that I told him I was shooting Ram ammo which is reloaded and it voided the warranty. LMAO I told him What you want me to buy another and use them for book ends?

I told him he just succeeded to loose me as a customer and every one I can convince that Kahr is at min. very poor customer service and at max a poor gun company all around.

I will be putting my CW9 up for sale after I get a new spring and getting either a M&Pc or G26. Kahr is a looser company and I even asked for a different service tech. I was told he was one of 2 yes he said 2 service techs. I should have known better than to buy a gun from a cult.

ku4hx
May 22, 2012, 09:58 AM
Deleted ... redundant post

kokapelli
May 22, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have a K9 and a PM9 and the PM9 is back at Kahr now. When I called about the PM9 jamming the rep immediately emailed a shipping label and said I will have the pistol back in three weeks. We'll see.

dogtown tom
May 22, 2012, 10:44 AM
1. "...I told him I was shooting Ram ammo which is reloaded..."
Did you fire reloaded ammunition through your CW9?
If so, the Kahr CSR is correct...your warranty is void. But according to your post on The Firing Line he offered to have it checked out if you sent it back.

2. You "threw away" the defective part?
Seriously, keep the evidence. It makes your case.
Without that broken recoil spring you look like a guy who's just wants a bunch of spare parts for free. You even told the Kahr CSR what Glock and S&W sent you for free!

3. "they want me to buy a spring..."
Of course. If you shot reloaded ammo, your warranty is void.

I told him he just succeeded to loose me as a customer and every one I can convince that Kahr is at min. very poor customer service and at max a poor gun company all around.
So..........you violated the warranty, threw away the broken part, Kahr offered to look at the gun, you refuse to do that............and Kahr's customer service is "very poor"?

Wow.

wild cat mccane
May 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
1. The CW9 is +P rated.

2. How does reloaded ammo affect a recoil spring if the gun is +P rated?

3. You didn't prove anything.

dogtown tom
May 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
wild cat mccane
1. The CW9 is +P rated.

2. How does reloaded ammo affect a recoil spring if the gun is +P rated?

3. You didn't prove anything.
1. Correct.
2. It voids the warranty.....so the manufacturer is not obligated to repair or replace the broken part.
3. I don't need to prove anything, I didn't throw away the defective part.;)

wild cat mccane
May 22, 2012, 04:59 PM
Yes, but pretend you don't work for Kahr's accounting department. (just kidding, not saying you do).

The reason Kahr says no reloads is for what reason? the reason is for double charges and too high charges blowing up the gun, or lead leading the poly barrel.

Do these issues have anything to do with the problem at hand? No. So is Kahr insulting the purchaser of their product by being lame letter to the T on the warranty for no reason? Yes.
A spring costs 5 bucks. How much is shipping both ways and time? Economically inefficient.

dogtown tom
May 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
wild cat mccane Yes, but pretend you don't work for Kahr's accounting department. (just kidding, not saying you do).
I dont need to be an accountant to understand the Kahr warranty or customer service experience.....I've dealt with them before. (five GREAT experiences, one where they couldn't fix the problem)

The reason Kahr says no reloads is for what reason? the reason is for double charges and too high charges blowing up the gun, or lead leading the poly barrel.
It doesn't really matter why...it"s their policy.

Do these issues have anything to do with the problem at hand? No. So is Kahr insulting the purchaser of their product by being lame letter to the T on the warranty for no reason? Yes.
Uh....Kahr OFFERED to check out his pistol....he refused.

Believe it or not, but life has limits (as do Kahr pistol warranties) ....Kahrs warranty clearly says "no reloads". Disagree all you want with Kahr's warranty being voided by the use of reloads.... but its there. I think it quite generous for Kahr to OFFER to check out the OP's gun....they clearly do not have to.

It's notable that on THR and The Firing Line over half of the OP's posts deal with his problem guns, problem sellers and problem customer service. See post #8 here:http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489049

kokapelli
May 22, 2012, 07:44 PM
Figures! Thanks for exposing it.

Weevil
May 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
I dont need to be an accountant to understand the Kahr warranty or customer service experience.....I've dealt with them before. (five GREAT experiences, one where they couldn't fix the problem)

Damn 5x and you're satisfied with their pistols???

I've owned 3 Glocks and have never ever had to find out if their CS is any good or not.

The more I read the happier I am I picked the G26.

jimbo555
May 22, 2012, 09:22 PM
Search the Internet on any handgun including the g26 and you will find plenty of unhappy owners.There all machines they can break at the worst time.That's why if you feel you need to carry a gun you probably should carry 2!

dogtown tom
May 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
Weevil Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom

Damn 5x and you're satisfied with their pistols???
Yep.
What makes you think a customer service experience means a gun was sent back for repair?;)

Kahr even paid shipping both ways on the two guns I sent back.....but of course I asked nicely.:D

Weevil
May 22, 2012, 11:22 PM
Yep.
What makes you think a customer service experience means a gun was sent back for repair?

Kahr even paid shipping both ways on the two guns I sent back.....but of course I asked nicely.

Yeah I know what CS is.

It's fixing problems. I had a Kel-Tec P11 that broke 3 slide stops, a firing-pin, and an ejector. KT's customer service was wonderful and they sent new parts out to me in a few days.

Had a Walthe PK380 that was a clunker. S&W's CS was great and sent me out shipping labels both times and had it back in 2 weeks both times.

I got rid of the Walther and the P11 is now a safe queen..

Yeah I can see the occasional problem but 5x.....and you actually trust these guns with your life???

Guns that need lots of CS to work are crap in my book, I want something that works right straight from the box.

For me the perfect gun that I can trust is the one that never ever needs CS.

Enjoy your Kahrs but frankly I'll stay clear of them even if they do have great CS.

Thanks for the info it just confirmed a lot of the horror stories I've heard about Kahrs

AOK
May 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
I understand being frustrated if someone is having issues with a gun. However, people should read their manuals before they start shooting. Glock, like Kahr voids the warranty when you shoot reloads through the gun. If you want to shoot reloads, fine I understand the benefits but you should be willing to accept the consequences. Just like when I stippled the grip of my Glock. I know it voided the warranty but I am willing to deal with the consequences of no longer having that warranty. I can only laugh when people don't want to take responsibility for their own decisions or "mistakes" and want someone else to pay for them.

kokapelli
May 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
Yes some Kahrs fail and Glocks are perfect. Oops!
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/images/blt21a.jpg

AOK
May 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
AND that pic in the last post is one of the reasons companies like Glock and Kahr void warranties when you shoot reloads.

Weevil
May 22, 2012, 11:36 PM
The 3 Glocks I've owned have been perfect.

No problems of any sort after thousands of rounds.

I've got enough personal experience with them to trust them.

I don't have any experience with Kahrs, they might work great for me too, but some of the horror stories I hear like guys sending them in for CS 5x make me gun shy about getting one.

gunsnsprinkles
May 23, 2012, 12:30 AM
Dogtown is an apologist for Kahr. He attacks anything that seems to make his beloved company look bad. Here is the thing, Kahr may not have any more or less problems then Glock, never said they did, its dogs way of misdirecting the issue.

The problem lays with their customer service that just plane sucks. I really don't care what dog says, he could be 16 years old and in his mothers basement for all I know, and it does not matter.

Kahr refused to take care of a problem and wanted me to pay for shipping before I said anything about RAM ammo. Two of the local gun shops will only let you use RAM if you rent any of their guns.
The recoil spring was not the fault of any ammo problem. It was a minor failure and kahr did not take care of it on a two month old gun, there is no excuse under the sun for this. If I blew up a BBL and wanted another and used reloads that would be another argument. Kahr failed to do what they said and used every excuse in the book to weasel their way out of a very very small problem.

Glock is not sending me free parts as dog tries to employ, they are replacing a damaged part, and one damaged on a 16 year old gun, I did not expect them to do this and would have returned the broken item. The reason for throwing away the spring on the Kahr was it was such a minor part I never dreamed that they would be such ass holes about it. I am sure dog would say then why complain if its so minor, well for one thing, why would Kahr not take care of the problem if it was so minor on a two month old gun? This screams that if you have a two year old gun they very well may not take care of you.

Look up videos on Youtube and others on Kahr service and people have to fight to get a return label even after they received a gun supposedly fixed by Kahr that was not fixed. The point of this post is that Kahr does not step up to the plate with CS. I am not the only one, there are many who say that they have went to hell in a hand basket in the last year.
So Glock may not have any less or more problems with their products as Kahr, never said they did, but they sure do take care of them when they do arise. I have had problems with several guns and I noted some of them on the OP. Smith and Glock went way beyond what I even expected to take care of a customer. I would have expected to send the mag back to Smith, they did not want it just sent me a replacement. Same with Glock I would have been happy to return the guide rod for them to replace, but you see its such a small part that cost them so little to make a customer happy, and the advertising I have given them they have gotten much more than the three bucks it cost them in advertising by word of mouth. I know of a few people that did not get Kahrs because of my experience. Will it take Kahr down, not me alone but if they continue with this piss poor attitude than there will be many more like me and it will. So Dog keep apologizing and making excuses for Kahr, it will not cover their crappy CS. If you even did send a Kahr back 5 times for service and had a good experience well good for you. But it does not make all the others out there like me who have gotten spit on by Kahr feel any better, if you are eating at a restaurant and have a good meal it does not make the fly in my soup any better now does dog?

gunsnsprinkles
May 23, 2012, 12:34 AM
Dog wrote [I dont need to be an accountant to understand the Kahr warranty or customer service experience.....I've dealt with them before. (five GREAT experiences, one where they couldn't fix the problem)]

Seriously, really? You sent your guns back 5 times for warranty service and one they could not fix and you call that great? No wonder you love the damn things.

dogtown tom
May 23, 2012, 08:46 AM
Weevil ... like guys sending them in for CS 5x make me gun shy about getting one...

gunsnsprinkles ...You sent your guns back 5 times for warranty service...
You two need to work on that whole reading comprehension thing.:rolleyes:

BTW..if you'll look at my sig line you might deduce that I'm a gun dealer. That might imply that I see quite a few guns that need to be "sent back".

Keltecs, Taurus and Sig 238's deserve their own threads.:barf:

mavracer
May 23, 2012, 09:40 AM
You want them to send you a recoil spring just cause you call them and tell them yours broke. A spring which is a wear item wihich has a reccomended replacement interval. You can't send them the spring to inspect and you won't let them see the gun. Then you come here and bash them.
I can tell you what the problem is but THR has rules don't allow me to.

gunsnsprinkles
May 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mersa the problem is that you try to simplify the problem and misdirect it to something it is not. First off Kahr would not send a shipping label for a two month old gun that had two problems. Second they would not just replace the spring as its only a very minor part in cost. Third yes its a wear item but just over the break in period? Are you kidding me? Really? this is how you want to defend bad behavior from Kahr? They then proceed to tell me that my gun is now void of any warranty because I used some RAM ammo from the local gun range. LOL This is the behavior you want to defend? :eek::barf:

A gun company that has a product two months old that has went though its break in period if there even should be such a thing, can you imagine colt telling the US military in WW2 you need to run 300 rounds through each one to make sure its broken in. LMAO. This is lame as lame can be.

gunsnsprinkles
May 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
You two need to work on that whole reading comprehension thing.:rolleyes:

BTW..if you'll look at my sig line you might deduce that I'm a gun dealer. That might imply that I see quite a few guns that need to be "sent back".

Keltecs, Taurus and Sig 238's deserve their own threads.:barf:
That you are a dealer does not hold any water with me, I have known quite a few dealers who don't know their rear ends from a donught hole. Not saying you are one but I don't know you so you saying " Im a dealer" along with 2 bucks will get me a starbucks with skim milk.

kokapelli
May 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
That you are a dealer does not hold any water with me, I have known quite a few dealers who don't know their rear ends from a donught hole. Not saying you are one but I don't know you so you saying " Im a dealer" along with 2 bucks will get me a starbucks with skim milk.
Ha! Ha! I love it and could not agree more!

Weevil
May 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
You two need to work on that whole reading comprehension thing.

Keltecs, Taurus and Sig 238's deserve their own threads.

So what is it I'm failling to comprehend?

Yeah Kel-tecs have a lot of problems and need lots of customer service. Yeah I learned that the hard way with my P11 and I won't buy anymore of their products. But they did have great CS and always sent me a new part no questions asked.

Yeah Taurus also has a lousy reputation for junky guns that need a lot of CS that's why I don't buy them.

The Sig 238 also has a garnered a rep for being problematic that's why I'm not gonna buy one of them either.

You yourself have stated that you've had to use Kahr CS 5x and one of them couldn't be fixed. The OP has stated his experiences with his Kahr breaking down twice.

So what is it I'm not "comprehending" about Kahrs?

From what I'm reading they're a hit or miss proposition just like Kel-Tecs and Taurus and I'm better off spending my money on something else.

wild cat mccane
May 23, 2012, 12:32 PM
People keep bringing up the reloads. Has nothing to do with the problem.

At RETAIL the spring costs what 5 dollars? If the customer asks for it after 2 months of ownership, you do it.

My PM40 self destructed, so don't act like I don't know about Kahr CS. That was close to a 700 dollar gun plus the break in period rounds. That you are a dealer means nothing. I contacted Kahr, not Sportsmans Warehouse where I bought my PM40 when it failed.

That Kahr went from lifetime to a 5 year warranty tells me enough when Kel Tec, Taurus, Walther (PPQ), Glock, Ruger all have a life time deal.

mavracer
May 23, 2012, 12:39 PM
First off Kahr would not send a shipping label for a two month old gun that had two problems.
Kahr's websight and owners manual both state guns must be sent in for warranty work.
They are under no obligation to send you a shipping label.
Second they would not just replace the spring as its only a very minor part in cost.
Again normal wear and tear is not a warranty issue. They are under no obligation to send you a new spring.
Third yes its a wear item but just over the break in period? Are you kidding me?
Yep probably shouldn't have a recoil spring break after 500 rounds. which is why I'd want to see the spring and gun to verify that part was indeed defective and not abused.
They then proceed to tell me that my gun is now void of any warranty because I used some RAM ammo from the local gun range. LOL This is the behavior you want to defend?
Maybe you should have read and followed the owners manual. Still not gonna get into discussing bad behavior in open forum rules are rules.

mavracer
May 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
That Kahr went from lifetime to a 5 year warranty tells me enough when Kel Tec, Taurus, Walther (PPQ), Glock, Ruger all have a life time deal.
For the record Ruger has no warranty.

wild cat mccane
May 23, 2012, 01:38 PM
Oh I am so sorry I said Ruger. Oh no! my point is destroyed.

PS Ruger does full warranty, even without stating it. This makes Kahr's even worse considering this case.

I had to pay to send in my 200 round self destructed PM40 after the first day at the range brand new.

Is there a worse CS gun company in the market? no. Kahr's is the worse.

mavracer
May 23, 2012, 02:05 PM
Oh I am so sorry I said Ruger. Oh no! my point is destroyed.

No really didn't do anything for your point. Does a fair amount to explain your CS treatment. Many times you get out of CS what you put in. I can understand why the CS rep wouldn't want any more to do with this matter. I know I don't.

kokapelli
May 23, 2012, 02:32 PM
Love both of my Kahrs and when I had a problem a week ago with my 3 year old PM9, the CS at Kahr sent me a shipping label immediately, so I don't know what the bashers are talking about.

wild cat mccane
May 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
Then you don't understand averages.

YOU could have had a good experience, that has no effect on the next guys experience...say like mine. So you had good (wait, why did you have to use CS if the gun is good?) experience and I had a bad. Therefore Kahr CS = 0 at this point. Between the two of us.

JustinJ
May 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
Local GS is a LE supply store and sells glocks by the truckload but sells Khars also. Khar returns are very frequent so that they've considered no longer carrying them. Glock returns are rare even though they move like hot cakes. This speaks volumes over individual accounts. Khar and Keltek are both guns i'll have nothing to do with given the frequency of issues.

dogtown tom
May 23, 2012, 04:12 PM
gunsnsprinkles.....That you are a dealer does not hold any water with me, I have known quite a few dealers who don't know their rear ends from a donught hole. Not saying you are one but I don't know you so you saying " Im a dealer" along with 2 bucks will get me a starbucks with skim milk.
You miss the point completely. I mentioned that I am a dealer because I ship a number of customer guns back to manufacturers for repair or replacement. i also deal with those manufacturers Customer Service departments quite often.

I can see how you cant get free shipping....you need to be polite.;)

Weevil ....So what is it I'm failling to comprehend?...

...You yourself have stated that you've had to use Kahr CS 5x and one of them couldn't be fixed.
All dealings with a manufacturers customer service department aren't about repairs.

I mentioned "five great experiences" with Kahr Customer Service....not five guns returned for repair. Thats where your comprehension failed, you assume every gun sent to Kahr or any other manufacturer is sent back for repair. Two of the guns were sent back to have an upgrade on their trigger...nothing "wrong" with either.

Weevil
May 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
All dealings with a manufacturers customer service department aren't about repairs.

I mentioned "five great experiences" with Kahr Customer Service....not five guns returned for repair. Thats where your comprehension failed, you assume every gun sent to Kahr or any other manufacturer is sent back for repair. Two of the guns were sent back to have an upgrade on their trigger...nothing "wrong" with either.

Sorry, since we were discussing the OPs problems and parts breakages I thought that's what you were discussing as well.

Still that's three, one of which could not be repaired.

So as a dealer how does that compare with other brands in regard to volume sold?

I know two of my local LGS that I deal with on a regular basis warned me against the Kahr. They also warned me against getting a Kel-Tec but I was stubborn.

Perhaps you feel it's some sort of comphrehension issue but what you're saying about Kahrs needing to go back for CS is exactly what I've been hearing from other sources. The fact that you're a fanboy actually carries more weight to me, since I know you're not just making it up or trying to talk them down.

Somebody mentioned Ruger.

I currently own 5 Rugers and had 3 others over the years. I never ever needed to find out whether they had a warranty or if they had good CS.

8 guns with not a single problem or need to be sent in for any reason.

This is what I want from a gun do you comprehend what I'm saying?

dogtown tom
May 23, 2012, 06:24 PM
Weevil ....So as a dealer how does that compare with other brands in regard to volume sold?

About the same.
I've sent back more Sig 238's than all Glock, Kahr, Ruger, and S&W combined.
KelTec P3at's made pretty regular trips back home until folks started buying Ruger LCP's instead.

I sent back a Bersa for a customer............took nine months for them to REPLACE it. Friendly enough CS....but entirely too long to decide that particular gun was a lemon.

Weevil
May 23, 2012, 06:41 PM
I'd really like to give a CM9 a try and might just get one to see for myself.

The P238 and Kimber Solo are two I've heard a lot of bad things about, but to be honest I haven't heard as much bad about the CM9 as the CW9 but then again it's still fairly new.

I'm hoping Kahr might have learned a thing or two on the earlier polymer models.

I heard a lot of horror stories about Glocks too, but from personal experience I'm quite satisfied with them.

I'll probably give a Kahr a try one of these days just so I know for myself.

MC45
May 23, 2012, 07:44 PM
Im not an expert
but I have a Glock 30SF & a Kahr CW 45 I've shot over a thousand rounds through each and I've had. No issues with either. I like them both the G30 was my EDC but it is just to much weight on my hip. Now the CW45 is my EDC I trust my life with either. Maybe some people don't know how to disassemble and reassemble there hardware. Or don't do that at all.
I think some may just like to knock a product they don't care for. If you take care of your guns they will take care of you. That's my two cents for whatever it is worth.

red rick
May 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
I had the mag dropping problem with my P9. They did send me a new mag catch, but it took 2 calls before they would. I also asked for a new mag catch spring. I figured I would replace it while I was in there, just in case I would mess it up removing the mag catch. They would'nt send that spring with the mag catch, even if I paid for the spring.

OP, I would look at something similar in size to your Kahr, like a Walther PPS or the new S&W Shield if I was going to replace it. You might miss that thin slide if you carry IWB.

HankB
May 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
I had an early polymer Kahr P9 which was very troublesome - numerous problems. (Failure to go into battery, failure of trigger to actuate striker, trigger pin walkout, failure of slide to lock back, premature lock back. Maybe the gun was made Monday morning or Friday afternoon?) As far as customer service goes, Kahr was good and tried to fix it several times (paying round trip postage each way) but the gun kept failing, so they ultimately replaced it.

I traded the replacement - unfired - for a Glock 26 which has yet to fail, even when I deliberately try to induce a malfunction such as a "limp wrist" jam.

The G26 isn't as neat a package as the P9 was, but it has the virtue of actually working.

gunsnsprinkles
May 24, 2012, 08:10 AM
That fact is that I don't have any stats that say Kahr has any more or less problems than any other company. But that was not my point. My point is that Kahr does not voids warranty for reloads, this is not what other gun company's do. They do not cover damage due to reload error. Kahr uses the fact that you use reloads to put in to the their data base that the warranty is void on every thing. Its like me painting my new car and Chevy voiding the warranty on the engine.
As the English would say thats just no Cricket.

This leads me to believe that Kahr wants to use anything it can to deny service. So it shut up and buy. Well that may work now in this gun frenzy time just like GM did in the 80s relying on its we are GM so shut up and buy, but it will bring a company down eventually.

Couple this with Kahr CS being rude giving out shipping labels to some and not to others[what the hell it that about?] and you have a recipe for disaster in business.
Once enough people like me get a bad taste in their mouth for Kahr it will affect their reputation and sales.

I am glad that some have had good luck with CS, good for you, but the apologist Dog and mercer for what ever reason they try to explain away bad service does not make it so.

Personally Kahr or at very MIN that idiot English accent flying buttress at Kahr has gone a long way to making me never want to even look at a Kahr. If you do a google search or a You tube search on Kahr CS there is a couple of videos I found, one where the guy films himself calling Kahr and the way they treat him after he sent his back on his dime [new gun] and they did not fix the problem and want him to pay to ship it back, only after complaining do they say they will send a shipping label.

Also dog, Ruger may have an arrogant attitude, buy they in affect do have a life time warranty. I called Ruger and was told that they don't say any time limit they will just take care of their customers and they do. Shipping Labs are given out and they may have an attitude that we are Ruger we do it right, and I may have been upset over a cam pin walking out, but they not only make a good product they don't void warranties over stupid things like shooting RAM ammo and putting serial numbers in data bases.

Dog you can apologies all you want for Kahr and as a dealer of Kahr you have a dog in the hunt so your bias is understood. I don't expect the Chevy dealer to tell me anything less than stellar BS about their product and to cover up any problems he does know about and I don't expect anything less from you, even though I don't know you I know salesman and how they push tin.

dogtown tom
May 24, 2012, 09:09 AM
gunsnsprinkles ... But that was not my point. My point is that Kahr does not voids warranty for reloads, this is not what other gun company's do.
Huh?:scrutiny:
Based on your previous posts this makes no sense.
Kahr's warranty and website clearly says "no reloads".....if you choose to ignore that you reap the rewards.

Dog you can apologies all you want for Kahr and as a dealer of Kahr you have a dog in the hunt so your bias is understood.
You have an amazing ability to jump, nay.....LEAP to conclusions.
I AM NOT a Kahr dealer and the ONLY Kahrs I have sold were consignments or used guns. I have NEVER been a stocking dealer for Kahr and have NEVER ordered a Kahr gun from a distributor.

I HAVE (as posted previously) returned guns on behalf of my customers for warranty work or upgrades.

So much for your little theory right?:D

I do not consider myself an apologist for any gun company, I'm just relating my multiple experiences with Kahr customer service that were vastly different from yours.

Complaining about Kahr voiding your warranty because you shot reloads?
Please.....its there in black and white.

Complaining that Kahr actually enforces its warranty?
Bravo for Kahr!
I'm sick and tired of the entitlement attitude of "it ain't my fault!"....when it is CLEARLY your fault.

You make a comparison to Chevy......well fella, how do you think Chevy will respond when you damage your engine by INTENTIONALLY ignoring their owners manual and filling up your gas tank with something other than gasoline? Seriously, do you think they'll replace that engine for your intentional act? (especially if you refuse to allow them to inspect the damaged parts?)

Truly unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Fotno
May 24, 2012, 09:09 AM
Kahr uses the fact that you use reloads to put in to the their data base that the warranty is void on every thing. Its like me painting my new car and Chevy voiding the warranty on the engine.

To the best of my knowledge, no firearms manufacturer will honor their warranty if they know or can determine that reloads have been fired; and that's soup to nuts. If the warranty is no longer valid, they won't cover any part of the firearm.

If there's a manufacturer that does, I don't know who it'd be.

kokapelli
May 24, 2012, 04:44 PM
Ok, I can only relate my own experience with Kahr CS

As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, my PM9 began jamming so I called Kahr and was immediately emailed a FedX shipping label.

I shipped the PM9 back on 5/4/2012 and just now it was returned via FedX.

The repair order states "replaced slid, barrel and recoil spring assembly".

My very early production K9 has been perfect all these years and never required service, so this is my only experience with Kahr CS.

From my point of view, I don't see how I could have possibly received better service than this experience with my PM9, that is assuming it works ok.

wild cat mccane
May 24, 2012, 06:31 PM
Okay, I can only relate my own experience with Kahr CS.

I bought a PM40. Took it home, cleaned it thoroughly. Took it to the range. 200 rounds later and cleaning throughout I noticed the gun would NOT function with the +1 mag and would not return to battery every 3rd round. +1 mag follower shattered too.

Emailed Kahr 4 times. All responses had serious spelling mistakes on their part. All said put more through the gun. Finally sent it to Kahr who offered a return number but did not offer to pay. When asked, they declined to pay for shipping because they suspected it was still in the "break in period."

Returned with a new +1 mag and a paper stating: ""replaced slid, barrel and recoil spring assembly."

So this implies there was something wrong right?

First shot, the standard mag follower shattered. Using the new +1 mag there were more failures to return battery than there were normal return to battery.

Called Kahr. Had to pay again to send it in. Went to Sportsmans Warehouse, showed the first paper, the shattered mag follower, and got an immediate apology (why? its not their gun) and got an in store credit.

Dean1818
May 24, 2012, 07:25 PM
My only experience with kahr CS has been excellent, and i spoke to the same british guy.

My kahr k9 was 100%

My kahr CM9 is 100% after the warranty work (they paid for shipping)

Dean1818
May 24, 2012, 07:32 PM
Also, to the OP.....

I would tend to aggree with one of the posters on another board that you posted this same message to.

With 8 seperate complaints about 8 differnt pistols brought up by you and 4 complaints about different CS teams.......... (with only 42 posts)

You have the worst luck....

You are truly the "Rodney Dangerfield" of gun owners.......

If you are too young to know who he is, he gets no respect

Just a suggestion, be very courteous when dealing with CS, especially when you clearly have broken the terms of the warranty

They will usually go out of their way to help.

gunsnsprinkles
May 25, 2012, 07:44 AM
I will not respond to the anecdotal crap here, not worth the time. I have had some bad luck with a couple of guns, Ruger who paid for my SR9 to go back and they did not fix the problem, they were very nice paid for shipping but did not fix it. That is the only problem as of late I can think of. My Taurus 709 had a jamming problem but I sold it because it seems that many people have the same problem.

To the statement that all company's will not fix any part if they know you shoot reloads? Bull ***** on that. I just received a Smith and Wesson mag replacement and I talked to CS saying I was using reloads of my own and RAM and it was over stripping on both. Also I have on route a Glock replacement guide rod and spring after telling CS the same thing. I asked Glock and was told that if there is damage of a major failure type and it can be attributed to over pressure loads and I shot reloads they may elect not to fix it. Fair enough, but I call Bull ***** on the Kahr attitude. Dog can crow all he wants about its in the manual, but I will say Kahr is just using the fine print to get out of stepping up to the plate.

As anyone can read who comes here there are several people who have had very neg experience with Kahr CS, and to those who say they have had good experiences I say, when was it? They seem to have gone off the rails in the last year from what I am reading all over the net.

As for me I have owned over 182 guns at one time and yes I have had some problems with some including my colts, and had CS problems to varring degrees. But nothing approaching Kahrs BS. This is the only gun I will not own because of CS.
I am not the lone wolf howling about CS, there are enough people like me that have had very poor experiences with Kahr CS that I can not just be ignored except by those like Dog that are biased for some reason. Maybe he just likes to be contrary or he thinks his opinion or experience is Superior to others. As I said before I really don't give a rats ass is he had ten out of ten good experiences at a restaurant, and I went once and found a cockroach in my burger, it makes my experience not one bit less bitter. If dog can not understand that I have no more to say to him he is just trolling.

gunsnsprinkles
May 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
Did a two min. search and found these complaints.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/161465-anyone-have-problems-w-kahr-customer-service.html
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414928
http://kahrtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-783.html
http://www.carolinashootersforum.com/archive/index.php/t-122848.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=255589#post3115030
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEOnW9Kjrlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T710Z2-udJ0&feature=related

Watch the youtube video, this guy has problems with Kahr CS similar to what I have had and a very good video.

BTW dean, good for you, but I don't see how this makes others like myself feel any better about our experience. If you think it should then why should our bad experiences not make your good one worse? If you are just saying that some people have good experiences with Kahr CS, then fine, I agree not everyone has a problem with Kahr, never implied they did, at best Kahrs CS is inconsistent. That in and of itself is a problem.

kokapelli
May 25, 2012, 08:58 AM
Did a two min. search and found these complaints.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/161465-anyone-have-problems-w-kahr-customer-service.html
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414928
http://kahrtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-783.html
http://www.carolinashootersforum.com/archive/index.php/t-122848.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=255589#post3115030
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEOnW9Kjrlw

Watch the youtube video, this guy has problems with Kahr CS similar to what I have had and a very good video.

BTW dean, good for you, but I don't see how this makes others like myself feel any better about our experience. If you think it should then why should our bad experiences not make your good one worse? If you are just saying that some people have good experiences with Kahr CS, then fine, I agree not everyone has a problem with Kahr, never implied they did, at best Kahrs CS is inconsistent. That in and of itself is a problem.
You can find the same complaints for any brand if you do a google search!

Try searching "Glock service sucks" and you will get a bunch of negative results
Just like this......http://www.floridashootersnetwork.com/glock-customer-service-t98956.html

There are always a bunch of bashers that seem to want to save the world from those bad guns out there and come out whenever certain brands are mentioned.

gunsnsprinkles
May 25, 2012, 09:19 AM
so what is your point? That people who have bad experiences with a gun or customer service are whining and should suck it up and shut up? If thats your point you have no point.

I never said that no other gun company was free of complaints, if thats your point you just wrong. If a gun owner has a legitimate complaint I rely on them to post about it, if enough people have the same complaint it builds a profile of the company or a problem with a particular gun or issue.

Your post that people who complain are "bashers" is a sophomoric broad based attack of people that may very well have legitimate issues. I want to hear of problems people have, I can decide if someone is complaining to complain or if they really have an issue. Sorry but I don't buy because it makes me feel like owning brand X gives me two phantom inches on my member.

Before I bought the Glock 26 that I pick up Wed. I did a lot of research and found it to be loved by many owners, problem free? Not at all, but over all the consensus is that Glock makes an excellent weapon that eats all ammo given. I know from personal experience that Glock does not void taking care of their customers because reloads were used in the gun. I know from personal experience that Glock just takes care of its products and steps up to the plate like a man not hiding behind some verbiage in a manual like a wimp.

This is what I know from experience. And from what I have read on line when people do have a problem with Glock or most other brands -Kahr, they are taken care of.

So your point holds not one drop of water for me. I want to read about peoples experiences on a car before I buy, or almost anything. I guess you would say that Consumer reports is just a whiner magazine. LOL

gunsnsprinkles
May 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
What it boils down to is this, If my CW9 FTF or FTE once every three mags, its not a good reliable gun I can put my trust in when I need it to be there. This is how I feel about Kahrs CS, I like the feel of the gun in my hand, its a nice size for me to CCW and it is very accurate at medium ranges. But if I can not have faith in Kahrs CS and I can not then I have to sell it as they will not be there when I need them most.

If I have a frame crack due to some poor design, or as the guy in the video had to have a bbl, springs and frame replaced at great cost to himself with all the shipping and testing, they are not a gun I want in my stable. Too bad because the CW9 is had great possibility's, but I just can't have faith in a gun that Kahr does not have faith in.

kokapelli
May 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
so what is your point? That people who have bad experiences with a gun or customer service are whining and should suck it up and shut up? If thats your point you have no point.

I never said that no other gun company was free of complaints, if thats your point you just wrong. If a gun owner has a legitimate complaint I rely on them to post about it, if enough people have the same complaint it builds a profile of the company or a problem with a particular gun or issue.

Your post that people who complain are "bashers" is a sophomoric broad based attack of people that may very well have legitimate issues. I want to hear of problems people have, I can decide if someone is complaining to complain or if they really have an issue. Sorry but I don't buy because it makes me feel like owning brand X gives me two phantom inches on my member.

Before I bought the Glock 26 that I pick up Wed. I did a lot of research and found it to be loved by many owners, problem free? Not at all, but over all the consensus is that Glock makes an excellent weapon that eats all ammo given. I know from personal experience that Glock does not void taking care of their customers because reloads were used in the gun. I know from personal experience that Glock just takes care of its products and steps up to the plate like a man not hiding behind some verbiage in a manual like a wimp.

This is what I know from experience. And from what I have read on line when people do have a problem with Glock or most other brands -Kahr, they are taken care of.

So your point holds not one drop of water for me. I want to read about peoples experiences on a car before I buy, or almost anything. I guess you would say that Consumer reports is just a whiner magazine. LOL
My point is first off to not intentionally misinterpret your post like you did mine and to not launch personal attacks at you like you did me (sophomoric).

I probably should not have used the term "bashers" when I just wanted to point out that when you do a search that shows there are complaints on one brand of firearm, the same type of search on other brands will bring the same results.

I posted what my experience was with Kahr, but you actually did a search for complaints with Kahr and posted links to those complaints implying that Kahr has more problems than other pistols which to me is bashing. I only want to point out that this type of post appears to be biased.

dogtown tom
May 25, 2012, 10:07 AM
When 80% of your posts (on two different forums) are about the problems you have with certain guns and the manufacturers customer service I can almost guarantee you are the problem, not the gun or customer service.

Eight guns with problems?
Sure.:rolleyes:

I eagerly await details of your next gun, its malfunction and the subsequent customer service nightmare.:D

Dean1818
May 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
For what its worth, Tom (dog) is a great guy who has done a few transfers for me.

You may be "barking" up the wrong tree on him........

You have shared your experience and your opinion

Not everyone will share these........

With owning 182 guns at one time....... Fortune must have really shined on you,
Be happy that you can afford to buy that many guns at one time.

I am sure with that many guns at least some of them might have been good.

Share some of these opinions.......

leftymachinist
May 25, 2012, 01:39 PM
One thing about this issue is nearly all firearms maufacturers cannot warranty their products when using reloaded ammo due to excess variables(namely human error). Factory ammunition makers have to be insured & bonded in case of problems, & the fact that lawyers are always looking for deep pockets of cash. We as citizens of this grand country should stop trying to get something for nothing.

gunsnsprinkles
May 25, 2012, 11:58 PM
When 80% of your posts (on two different forums) are about the problems you have with certain guns and the manufacturers customer service I can almost guarantee you are the problem, not the gun or customer service.

Eight guns with problems?
Sure.:rolleyes:

I eagerly await details of your next gun, its malfunction and the subsequent customer service nightmare.:D
You had 5 Kahr's go back you talked about one that could not be fixed, and you call my 8 problems my own making? In over 264 guns bought owned and sold? Then that makes your problems your own? Are you that smart to make a statement that goes to your own credibility? Hmmm, I don't think you are nearly as competent as you seem to think you are. I think you are trolling for what I don't know. Maybe you just want to be the go to guy that everyone runs to and if anyone else does not look to you as the orcle then you get your panties in a bunch. Well chuckles, each persons experiance is theirs to share and if you don't like this post you can go play by your self or start the "I love Kahr and anyone who says different is a poopie head thread"

Here is a post from a machinist from another post about Kahrs.

"Something is wrong with their hardness of their steels they use and harden. Their parts are brittle. Broken trigger bars, broken triggers and broken slide stops are common. Not something that is usually a problem with other manufactures. I did a stress test on a broken trigger bar. It didnt bend at all, it snapped."

jame
May 26, 2012, 12:10 AM
I own a Kahr CW45, and it's been great. I did have the slide pin start backing out at one point, did a little research, and easily corrected the problem myself.

The way I see it so far, as it comes to Kahr is that they expect the owner to be intimately knowledgeable about the firearm that they choose to carry. Just as it was for servicemen that carried the M1 in WW II and Korea, for example.

I see nothing but upside for this expectation.

dogtown tom
May 26, 2012, 12:27 AM
gunsnsprinkles ......You had 5 Kahr's go back you talked about one that could not be fixed, and you call my 8 problems my own making?
Again, your understanding of my experiences with Kahr customer service is in error.:banghead: It is so in error that it can't be accidental, so it must be that you are intentionally mistating my posts in an attempt to prove your point.

Although I have no idea why you experience "problem guns" at a rate greater than any gun owner in history.......I'm pretty sure i know why you have issues with customer service.

We get it....your Kahr spring broke and you want it fixed.
Sadly for you, Kahr believes you violated the warranty. They DID however offer to examine your gun if you sent it in....which you refused.

Seems to me they didn't have to do that.

A synopsis of this thread:
OP shot reloads, contrary to Kahrs warranty.
Recoil spring broke
OP tossed broken spring in trash
OP is mad because Kahr wont send a new spring
Kahr offers to examine gun, OP refuses to send it.
OP posts on several gun forums about the terrible customer service from Kahr
Other forum members post about positive experiences with Kahr CS
OP accuses them of being biased and makes personal attacks

Again, I eagerly await details of your next gun, its malfunction and the subsequent customer service nightmare. :rolleyes:

gunsnsprinkles
May 26, 2012, 12:34 AM
Dog, I really don't give a rats ass about your over all impression of this post. As I stated, if you don't like get the hell off and go find one you do like. Jesus Christ what crawled up your rear end?

Here is a post from the Christian gun owner blog that sums up what I am starting to feel about Kahr.

"Now to the issues with what really counts. The gun generally is reviewed as a firearm that is passable as a shooter, but that's not what it's designed for. It's designed for concealed carry, and the dependability issues should be cause for concern. First, Kahr recommends a 200 round "break in" before expecting the gun to perform dependably. For those regular readers of this web site, you already know how I feel about that. Issues that regularly are included in reviews: First round not chambering, general failures to feed, failures to eject. The gun does consistently seem to improve during the "break in" process, but regular reports of continued periodic failures continue to show up.

What would I do? There are multitudes of great guns on the market today. Even at Kahr's kinder, gentler price structure, there are plenty of comparably priced guns out there that don't require a 200 round break in and perform dependably out of the box and thereafter. I see no reason to put my money into the Kahr CW9."

Couple this with Kahrs poor CS IME and I totaly agree with pastor bob here. I have owned and own Glocks and can say that they along with my Smiths were accurate and shot any ammo out of the box with little to no problmes and when encounted a problem they were steller in stepping up to the plate. Kahr has lost my business. Although I did send a letter to the CEO explaining the situation. If I do get positive results I will post them here. As I said before I am not like Dog, I am not biased. If I get some kind of satisfaction I will post it and if not I will post that. I think they have lost me and I most likely will be a preacher of don't buy that Kahr to all those I meet.

BTW dog, a greater rate than any gun owner, do you know how stupid you sound? I am starting to loose any respect for your opinion I may once have given you the benifit of the doubt of. LMAO
do you even own a CW9? Also I never told and Kahr never asked about the ammo until my second call, they denied sending a spring and said they would look at the gun on my dime in the first call. You jump to many conclusions and seem to think you know it all. An old saying its better to remain silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. LOL Just kidding old boy.

gunsnsprinkles
May 26, 2012, 12:58 AM
Good thought from Ace Breaker on the firing line forum
"When my Kahr was having mags drop and other issues I called the company. They suggested I wait until it has 500 rounds through it. Right! We pay good money for these handguns. Why shouldn't they work right off the shelf? Then to sell reliability packages for hundreds more??? I just think it's a bunch of garbage. Why pay up to $900 for a reliability package when I believe they should work properly when you buy them. Who has the money to blow 500 rounds down range just to see if the gun will work properly?

Also, when my Kahr had malfunctions it suddenly worked great for about 100 rounds, then started acting up again. It was pretty strange. I was thinking break in period was over then my confidence was shattered. No thanks! I went to tried and true Glock 30 and 36. You can call them ugly all you want, but now I have peace of mind and don't have to listen to lame excuses. "
This is my view exactly, break in is code for we can't get it right at the factory in the first place. Even in the old days pre 90s when cars and bikes had so called break-in periods it was not to get the engine to work right and go through some non working situations it was to keep the RPMs lower and thus not build up heat in a new engine until the parts wore in. The engine always worked and if it did not it was not well call us in five thousand miles and we will see if it still does not work. LMAO This is a lame excuse to waste ammo. I am coming to the opinion if it does not work out of the box the factory did not build it correctly. Can you imagine telling the troops in the field on D day, to get 500 rounds out asap to break it in then expect it to be more reliable? that is a joke of an excuse for morons dumb enough to believe it.

dogtown tom
May 26, 2012, 01:08 AM
gunsnsprinkles Dog, I really don't give a rats ass about your over all impression of this post. As I stated, if you don't like get the hell off and go find one you do like. Jesus Christ what crawled up your rear end?

Here is a post from the Christian gun owner blog that sums up what I am starting to feel about Kahr.
So......you post on a Christian gun blog but take the Lord's name in vain?:scrutiny:

BTW dog, a greater rate than any gun owner, do you know how stupid you sound? I am starting to loose any respect for your opinion I may once have given you the benifit of the doubt of. LMAO
I will lose sleep over this I'm sure.;)

do you even own a CW9?
The CW9 was the first plastic pistol I ever bought. Won it on an Auction Arms auction. Absolutely fantastic gun. Led me to buy a PM9 two months later. Sold the CW9 to a friend six months ago.

Also I never told and Kahr never asked about the ammo until my second call, they denied sending a spring and said they would look at the gun on my dime in the first call.
Get your story straight.

You jump to many conclusions and seem to think you know it all. An old saying its better to remain silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. LOL Just kidding old boy.
The only conclusion I've jumped to is you are a whiner and the worlds unluckiest gun owner.

Again, I eagerly await details of your next gun, its malfunction and the subsequent customer service nightmare. :D

gunsnsprinkles
May 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
BTW dog, you are lying again about me attacking people who have had positive experiences, Unlike yourself, I have told others I am glad your experience has been good and I do not deny they have had a good experience. What I do say is that your good experience does not make my bad experience null and void.
There are several who have also posted here and had the same bad CS from Kahr. So again your post is BS trolling or just trying to be irritating or contrary for what reason I really don't nor care to know. I don't call your sending five Kahrs back with one can't fix untrue. I do say it means little to nothing to my bad experience and again I say BS to your idea that a few bad experiences I have had and only one that the company would not take care of and thats Kahr means I have more than my share of problems, Maybe its because I own more then my share of guns? I have an FFL C&R and have bought many old and new guns some to my FFL some through a transfer and some FTF. Sold many the same way and shot a lot and reloaded for 30 years. Can tell you I have had some problems that were over the top and some that were minor.

As for the Kahr, the mag release problem was IMO minor and they fixed it in a reasonable way. The Spring was defective and minor and they are going way over the top to avoid taking care of it. They did this in the second phone call before we had talked about what ammo I used. So Kahr made a problem out of a two dollar part that I had until the call to CS not really chalked up to Kahr reliability. Now I do an extensive internet search and talk to many Kahr owners who actually own them, and there seems to be the same CS issue with many other Kahr owners. There has also been many people who seem to have had good success with CS although the problems with Kahr CS seems to have gone down hill in the last several months. could this be temporary? Yes, could be, but they had better fix it fast or the owners who like myself have problems will talk to others and it will spread.

gunsnsprinkles
May 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
Dog, can you read or just read things into a post? Never said I was a Christian or that I posted on a Christian site. I said that the Christian gun owner had a good post and review of the Kahr CW9.

Again, you need to assimilate what you read, are you dyslexic? Never said that I told Kahr CS that I used RAM on the first call, thats you making up stories. So its not me that needs to get the story striate its you that needs to learn to under stand what you read.

I can say the same anecdotal clap trap as you and that you are a whinnier about anyone who posts things you do not like. I could understand it if you just said you had a good experience with Kahr CS. That would be fine, but instead you attack anyone who says they have not. This leads me to believe you for some reason just want to cover up and shut up people who do not agree with your POV. Well I won't shut up and I don't agree with your POV. You may very well have had good luck or you may not, but it does nothing for those of us who have had bad luck with Kahr CS.

You sent five Kahrs back for CS and you call me unlucky. How stupid are you to throw out this kind of crap and expect any thinking person to believe that Kahrs don't have problems? I have had two minor issues with my Kahr so far, and a refusal form Kahr to take care of one, you sent five back and this make me unlucky?
WFT are you even talking about. You admit that one Kahr could not even fix and I am the one with unusual problems? Are you bipolar?

bdb benzino
May 26, 2012, 04:58 AM
OK, I have to post something here. I have been reading this thread ever since it started and am surprised it has not been closed yet.
I understand it sucks to have a problem with a new gun, but springs are a wear and dispose item. In some compacts the manufacturer recomends replacing the recoil spring after 1,000 rounds or so. I'm not sure what Kahr suggests but its likely you were half way through its life and I can see why they would not replace it for free. Especially after you admit using reloads and not having the broken spring you are complaining about.
Now don't get me wrong, I think the "no reloads" policy is stupid also, but you have to realize that companies do this to save $ and will use it when they can.
I do own a CW9 that has been amazing and not had even one malfunction, as well as had a CW45 that was just as reliable but it was traded in a weak moment. Although I do see some problems on line, I expect some of it when a company pushes the CCW envelope so far and makes such a small weapon, the likelyness of error is bound to increase.

My main problem is this thread is all you bashing Kahr and people who defend them for 3 pages. It is going nowhere and is not creating any useful knowledge past the first 20 posts or so.
I am sorry you got a bum deal but such is life, learn and move on. All you are doing is being confrontational and obsessing over your bad experience. If you no longer like Kahr, find a company that you do, that would be much more entertaining to read about.

tjbeck
May 26, 2012, 08:02 AM
I would like to second benzino...

Also, keep in mind no matter how hard you try, you cannot win the internet.

gunsnsprinkles
May 26, 2012, 10:56 AM
benzino, I agree with your points. My point is this, all I did was start a thread that made a legitimate complaint about CS. I never said Kahr firearms were garbage. I also showed how others are having problems with the gun itself and CS. It was people like Dogtown who started to attack me on a personal level.

As I stated and will do so again, I never told Kahr in the first phone call that I had used reloads so them denying a simple replacement spring on that basis is not correct. Second I had just ran the break-in period on the gun when the spring broke, this is not acceptable and even if I had run 1500 rounds through it, springs weaken they do not break. Kahrs first response was our springs do not break and I [CS rep] have never heard of this before.

I have bashed no one including Kahr. I have responded in kind to Dog, but thats something he started with his rants. So be fair and give equal criticism to those like Dog who troll. Also I do not "bash" Kahr, I have told what my experience has been with their CS. If that is bashing then you don't want to hear any neg experiences and should call this the positive only gun thread.

Again I will say, the CW9 could be one of the best guns in the world. I have my doubts and the guns problems has raised some serious issue for me to trust it.

My main point is that CS for Kahr in my and others experience was very poor. I stand by that, its not whining or bashing, its the way things are. If you think that a guns recoil spring breaking after 500 rds, and being two months old is normal wear and tear you have very low standards of quality.

Kahr has not stepped up to the plate on a simple 5 dollar spring on a two month old gun FACT.

I did not tell them about reloads on the first call where they denied service and wanted to look at the gun at my expense. FACT

Kahr after the second call used the fact I told them that I did use RAM ammo to deny any future service on the gun FACT

No other firearm manufacture has done this in all my guns I have owned FACT

Company's like Glock and Smith and Ruger stand behind and go beyond what they are responsible to do to make a satisfied customer, FACT

Posting that Kahr in my experience has not stood up to a gun that has had a couple of minor issues and now is creeping across the web for an 5 dollar spring is assanine, FACT.

And your good experience with Kahr does not make my bad one better, FACT.

People like Dog are only trying to shut people up who have problems with Kahr, I have seen his kind before and many people who have problems will think it better to just not say anything then post and get trolled by people like him. He throws out platitudes like candy on Halloween and many people will just not buy a Kahr or sell it in silence when they have a problem. I want people to see that I had a problem I feel Kahr will not stand behind their product, If RAM ammo broke the spring LMFAO than Kahr really is a POS ain't it?

If others have the same or other problems then we can connect the dots that this has gone beyond a couple of issue and is now a pattern. This is what posts like this are for. Dog does not want the patter to emerge and it seems he has some agenda. I don't know if he just has a HO for Kahr or does not like it when he is not the one who is telling others of problems and has to be the oracle of gun knowledge. To me he has discredited himself as a blow hard as he has attacked me on a personal level as a whinnier and complainer who abuses or does not know how to use his guns. So once again and I will say it in color and loud so maybe it can blow through some thick skulls, [I NEVER SAID KAHR FIREARMS ARE BAD, GARBAGE OR WILL NOT WORK, I AM ASSERTING THAT KAHR IN MY EXPERIENCE DOES NOT STAND BEHIND PROBLEMS WITH THEIR GUNS AND USES ANY FLIMSY REASON TO ESCAPE THEIR DUTY TO FIX EVEN THE SMALLEST PROBLEM IME. AND THAT OTHERS HAVE HAD THE SAME TYPE OF PROBLEMS AND EXPERIENCES WITH KAHR CS AS I HAVE HAD. ] So if this makes readers think twice about buying a Kahr, then I have accomplished what I set out to do, if they still buy one, I have set out to do what I wanted, think about Kahr do a bit of digging on the company and see what problems others are having. Will Glock or Smith fit the same bill and do they have better CS than Kahr. Don't just buy that Kahr is some great gun company that is problem free. I may even end up keeping my Kahr and will put some higher pressure rounds though it with my new G26 next week. If it runs a couple of hundred without the new spring breaking I may keep it knowing that if it falls apart its a trash can gun as Kahr will do nothing to take care of it.

dogtown tom
May 26, 2012, 03:34 PM
If you get all butthurt because other forum members have had good experiences with Kahr customer service....you need to grow the heck up.

TimboKhan
May 26, 2012, 05:24 PM
And, with that, this thread is over.

As a standing personal policy, I hate these customer service threads. Long explanation short, they always end up heated for some reason, and there is always a high signal to noise ratio.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr CS not very good" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!