EyePal

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
May 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hi guys,

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of it, but my friend Charles Summers, member of my firearm-based group on Facebook, invented something called EyePal, which is basically a static-cling that the shooter can fix to his or her glasses, and allows better focus on the sights and the target.

I have no experience with this, as I don't need glasses, but I thought I'd share his product with you guys. If you're a shooter and have issues with your sights while looking through your glasses, I think this is for you.

Here's the website: http://www.eyepalusa.com

I won't really say that I'm advertising for him, even though I am. It's more of me helping out a friend making his product known. I have no ties to this product at all, and I'm not making any sort of financial gain by this. Just thought I could share something neat that he showed me, with you guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "EyePal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
icanthitabarn
May 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
I met and chatted with the gentleman, last year, at a gun show. He had a little demo and sold me. It does work, but its not cheap for a couple of stickers. I keep one on my shooting glasses and use it a lot. I also use reading glasses, but the Eyepal gets the target pretty sharp, while the readers don't. Thumbs up for Eyepal

hso
May 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
Using a pinhole increases the depth of focus.

dprice3844444
May 26, 2012, 11:52 AM
they used to have them black discs with diff sized holes in them you used to clip to your glases

Krogen
May 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
Make your own! I have and they work quite well. The disadvantage is the brightness goes down, so it's best used outside. Just like the aperture on a camera; smaller aperture=dimmer.

Take a piece of electrical tape and stick it to a piece of plastic. Use a .45 ACP case or similar that's been "sharpened" with a case chamfering tool. Then punch out some discs of electrical tape. Use a small cupped pin punch to poke a hole in the center of the disc. I use one from a set of punches made for the round-end S&W revolver pins. They cut a nice clean hole. Then peel off the disk and stick it to your shooting glasses.

Voila!

Steve CT
May 26, 2012, 06:15 PM
Not a new concept

http://www.meritcorporation.com/

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
May 26, 2012, 06:35 PM
Just trying to help out a friend.

skt239
May 27, 2012, 12:23 AM
Your friend has a nice website and a product he seems to stand behind.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
May 27, 2012, 02:00 AM
I thought his website was well put together. Quite the gentleman, not afraid to answer any questions. Had I the need for glasses, I would purchase his product.

Sent from my MP3/Hands-Free/Web-Browsing Device

CountryUgly
May 27, 2012, 10:37 AM
A peep sight for your glasses....neat...

If you enjoyed reading about "EyePal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!