Noob in-laws. :D

PDA

mljdeckard
May 27, 2012, 12:47 AM
Assembled stripped lower: $200.
CMMG .22 LR upper with AFG, MOE, carry handle rear sight, $400.
A brick of Wildcats: $12 and some change, I forget.
A tricked-out SKS: $500 or something like that.

Introducing some new in-laws to shooting: More than worth it.

Watching a shrimpy four year-old cackle demonically while pulling the trigger with both fingers as fast as he can: BEYOND priceless.

If you enjoyed reading about "Noob in-laws. :D" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
May 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
A couple more. :)

cyclopsshooter
May 27, 2012, 12:59 AM
That's one honest MK series! Good to see happy noob faces.

mljdeckard
May 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
I started a thread in gunsmithing about it, I replaced the spring rod assembly, but I will need to refinish it. It was my dad's, the first gun I ever shot. (When I was also 4.)

cyclopsshooter
May 27, 2012, 01:08 AM
I don't know if I could refinish that knowing all that wear was family :)

The-Reaver
May 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
3rd ID much respect.

Good photo's too. Always enjoy a good time when kids are involved in a new awesome hobby.

talldragon
May 27, 2012, 02:38 AM
The smile on that boy's face.....He won't forget that day any time soon :cool:. And that is a good thing :D.

Love to see new people being introduced to firearms; target shooting with .22LR is the best place to start IMHO.

Kudos to you for taking them out to the range :)

jad0110
May 27, 2012, 10:10 AM
The smile on that boy's face.....He won't forget that day any time soon . And that is a good thing .

Love to see new people being introduced to firearms; target shooting with .22LR is the best place to start IMHO.

Agreed. That right there is a future gun nut. :D :cool:

CountryUgly
May 27, 2012, 10:21 AM
Watching a shrimpy four year-old cackle demonically while pulling the trigger with both fingers as fast as he can: BEYOND priceless.

It must be a 4 year old thing because my daughter has the same goofy grin on her face after a 20 round string....

Looks like you all had a good time......Just make sure to bring them back again....

Lincoln4
May 27, 2012, 10:27 AM
:D:D:o

mljdeckard
May 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
The only reason we stopped was that the sun went down.

RobXD9
May 28, 2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks for getting the kids involved in a safe setting.

The looks on their faces are priceless. Certainly looks like they'll learn that guns can be fun so long as all the safety steps are met.

More kids need to learn about guns like this and not by sneaking into dad's closet looking for trouble.

DMH
May 28, 2012, 01:48 AM
Great! The photos say it all, million dollar smiles.

DMH

K15997
May 28, 2012, 05:05 AM
Awesome! His face says it all!

Walkalong
May 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
The little one looks hooked for life.

BEYOND priceless.
I have no doubt. :)

CharlieDeltaJuliet
May 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
Priceless, I love when I can show people the joys of shooting. Looks like there was some fun to be had. Great photos....

DeadLiver
May 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
Wasn't that up Hobble Creek Canyon in Springville? I need to get my 4 year old out there soon.

mljdeckard
May 29, 2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah. I'm out in Tooele, but my in-laws are in Lehi, I wanted to take them somehwere I knew their minivan would make it. I usually take my sister in Springville up on the bench at the south tip of Utah Lake. (Locally, I found a fantastic rock quarry near Grantsville.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Noob in-laws. :D" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!