Gun control works!

PDA

danprkr
May 31, 2012, 03:10 PM
And here you thought that gun control meant that no would have guns to shoot with :rolleyes:

25 Shot Overnight in Chicago (http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-chicago-shootings-25-shot-overnight-in-chicago-20120527,0,5184162.story)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun control works!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mg.mikael
May 31, 2012, 04:04 PM
Not surprised one bit.....yawn. This happens on such a regular basis it's like clockwork.

Until the south side gets their heads out of their "not so high road word" this will remain commonplace. You'd think the people their would realize that voting the same career politicians into office again and again are running them straight into the ground. But I suppose thats not entirely their fault, we can blame it on the Chicago Public Schools who can't even teach folks their basic ABC's. ;)

Skribs
May 31, 2012, 04:09 PM
Gun control is very important. If you can't control it, use a smaller caliber. Oh wait, that might be out of context...

The problem with this, danprkr, is that the die-hard antis will look at this and say that he only had the gun because it is easy to get and bring into Chicago, so we need to expand the gun laws so nobody in the US can have one and smuggle it accross state borders into a "good" state.

loadedround
May 31, 2012, 06:33 PM
This is not supposed to happen since Chicago is a gun free city. The citizens are prohibited from owning or carrying firearms in that great liberal city. It's probably a hoax started by some pro gun group like the those bad NRA people.

Skribs
May 31, 2012, 07:00 PM
Like I said, loaded, you and I can see that, but to the anti, it clearly means that it was too easy for the criminal to get the gun outside the city and transport it in.

They of course ignore the fact that there is still gun violence in an island country with strict gun control laws.

Vern Humphrey
May 31, 2012, 08:22 PM
Of course gun control works -- if Chicago didn't have such strict gun control laws, some of the victims might have killed their attackers!

ThorinNNY
May 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
Aw,c`mon guys. As the esteemed Chicago philanthropist and philosopher Alphonse Capone said: " You can go further with a kind word and a GUN than you can with a kind word alone".
I guess even today lots of Chicagoans follow his advice! :rolleyes:

jon_in_wv
May 31, 2012, 08:39 PM
And a guy broke into a woman's home claiming to be a vampire needing to feed. Her hit her several times and bit her neck repeatedly. Good thing she can't have a handgun in the house to defend herself since vampires are bullet proof anyhow.

Neverwinter
May 31, 2012, 09:41 PM
Gun control is not a substitute solution for socioeconomic issues.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Robert
May 31, 2012, 10:19 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=472825

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun control works!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!