Have you hit the limit in acquiring guns of a certain type?

PDA

bushmaster1313
May 31, 2012, 11:31 PM
There are lots of different types of guns, and in most the prices run from very reasonable to very high.

I think I hit my limit in riot shotguns when I acquired a Model 97, a Model 13 and a Remington 31, all in good original condition. All three show that they have been properly used and are ready for significant additional usage. None is anywhere near "mint condition."

Any upgrade would be at a considerable price compared to my current specimens, the condition might be so good that I would not want to shoot it, and there is a high probability that it would be a fake.

Anyone else "hit the wall" in acquiring a certain type of gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you hit the limit in acquiring guns of a certain type?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rail Driver
May 31, 2012, 11:35 PM
Whaddya mean hit the wall? You haven't got an Ithaca 37 yet do ya?

bushmaster1313
May 31, 2012, 11:39 PM
Whaddya mean hit the wall? You haven't got an Ithaca 37 yet do ya?

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/662/cimg0314l.jpg

khegglie
May 31, 2012, 11:40 PM
Yah... SKS and shotguns.

Rail Driver
May 31, 2012, 11:41 PM
oh wow, BM... that's one GREAT looking ithaca! I haven't seen one in that good a shape in a LONG time.

Alaska444
May 31, 2012, 11:43 PM
Probably,

I have 5 lever rifles: .300 WSM BLR, .444 Marlin, .357 Marlin, .44 Winchester and .22 LR Henry. I have my camp guns, and my plinkers as well as my elk and woods guns. Nice little collection that all have their place.

bushmaster1313
May 31, 2012, 11:44 PM
The stock is a replacement that was cut to give a 12.5" LOP when fitted with a Galazan Pad. Barrel was shortened to 18.5"

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5761/cimg0318a.jpg

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2527/cimg0317v.jpg

JohnnyK
May 31, 2012, 11:48 PM
if you don't have a Saiga 12... you are not complete.

candr44
May 31, 2012, 11:54 PM
Yes, Mausers but so far I see no end in sight for building AR15's. I also keep getting the itch every so often to build AK's.

captain awesome
June 1, 2012, 01:36 AM
I am not likely to buy any more shotguns. At least not unless by some miracle my wife blesses me with a son. I Have the bases covered in that area, so I don't feel the need for more. and yes, I have a Saiga 12.

shotgunjoel
June 1, 2012, 01:45 AM
I have a Benelli Nova in 12 gauge. A break-action 20 would be fun, but I don't see myself buying another shotgun. I focus mainly on C&R mil-surps, so there really is no limit once you consider variations.

EmbarkChief
June 1, 2012, 12:22 PM
Pump action 12ga, already have 4 of them.

Winchester Defender
Remington Marine Magnum
Mossberg 835
Remington 870
Winchester Model 12 (16ga)

303tom
June 1, 2012, 08:48 PM
Heck No..............

KennyFSU
June 1, 2012, 09:15 PM
I have a "one gun in, one gun out" policy. That limit is 10 total. I figure 5 guns for each hand will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Byrd666
June 1, 2012, 09:24 PM
NO.

FROGO207
June 1, 2012, 10:06 PM
You ARE kidding aren't you??:what: Talking to the guy that built on so that the safes would all be indoors.:D

RBid
June 1, 2012, 10:10 PM
Not even close, yet

Ryanxia
June 1, 2012, 10:18 PM
I always say I don't need another XXXXX but then I buy another one.. :D

Face it, it's an addiction, one we should all embrace! haha.

Steel Horse Rider
June 1, 2012, 10:21 PM
I have yet to meet an old rifle I didn't need....

DesertFox
June 1, 2012, 10:35 PM
I take my cues from the Federal government - set limit, surpass limit, set new, higher limit.

Once I'm up to my armpits in heaters and ammo, I'll move on to hoard guitars, then cars, then bars. - Blondie tribute:cool:

EchoM70
June 1, 2012, 10:41 PM
I can always find an excuse as to why I need another rifle, shotgun or handgun like I already have. :D

C0untZer0
June 1, 2012, 10:51 PM
No.

psyopspec
June 1, 2012, 11:15 PM
I'm not done growing my collection, but I am taking a breather to make the best of what I've got, enjoy it, and be a better shooter for it. In the past I would own a few handguns, all different. Now I still have about the same number I've always maintained, but most are Glocks. I'd like any weapon that may serve in a defensive roll to have night sights. I want my competition gun to have an extended mag release and better sights than came stock with it, so this is currently where I'm putting my resources. That and ammo to improve my shooting.

Twiki357
June 2, 2012, 01:14 AM
Limit? Limit? What's a limit? We don't need no stinkin' limits. :neener:

9mmfan
June 2, 2012, 01:23 AM
Waffling. I have an inordinate amount of blued, wood stocked S&W revolvers. Will admit, can't shoot a DA trigger to save my life. Carry/nightstand gun is a G19. The one before that was a Colt's Government Model. That leads me to shotguns. Which I might have too many of. Considering getting rid of the Mossy 500, spend part of that dough to get a shorter barrel for ye olde 870 Express. Benelli Nova is all but sold. Does this dilemma answer your inquiry?

Ignition Override
June 2, 2012, 01:24 AM
Just one specific type: several Enfields.
My rationale was to have a second, in order to limit wear on my first.

mljdeckard
June 2, 2012, 01:44 AM
I thought I was covered for defensive handguns. Until I found a XD-9 for $300 yesterday. :)

Firefightermdc
June 2, 2012, 02:06 AM
Not even close. Saiga 12 is on my list of soons

bsheets20061
June 2, 2012, 02:53 AM
I feel like i can never have too many, I have multiples of most of my firearms. When I bought my first cannon I thought one should sufice, I know have 2 and a mortar.

When something else comes along I feel would make a great addition, having 3 of something makes it easier to sell one to buy my next item:)

303tom
June 2, 2012, 09:51 AM
I have a "one gun in, one gun out" policy. That limit is 10 total. I figure 5 guns for each hand will be fine.

Just 10, are you serious, thats barely a drop in the bucket..............I got that many + single barrel shotguns.

CountryUgly
June 2, 2012, 04:57 PM
Ya in 1911's. I have 2 a GI and an Officer's model. That's enough right? Ha had you going didn't I.... I don't think there is a "limit" to any of them....

KennyFSU
June 3, 2012, 07:16 PM
Just 10, are you serious, thats barely a drop in the bucket..............I got that many + single barrel shotguns.

Well, last month that limit was 8. Last week it was 9. This week it is 10.

Can you see the trend developing? ;)

YJake
June 3, 2012, 07:33 PM
Eh, thought about setting a limit once.

That was about 8 handguns ago...

-Jake

Old krow
June 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Yes I have. I doubt that I'll get anymore 12 ga pump actions. I'm pretty much set on 22lr rifles.

22-rimfire
June 3, 2012, 07:54 PM
Should have "hit the wall" a long time ago, but it won't happen. If I see something that interests me, I'll buy it assuming I have the available cash.

sawman1293
June 3, 2012, 08:19 PM
My only limit is my wallet. I have 6 handguns, 4 of which I regularly carry and shoot - g19 g26 sr9c and lcp. I have a sp101 4" I like to use at the range. Just placed 2 Kimbers on order. I will probably hold up a bit on the purchases after this. Need to stock up on ammo now.

B!ngo
June 3, 2012, 08:20 PM
Dunno. Between my wife and I, we have two USP's, and four P7's (M8's and M13's) so I sometime feel like I'm good to go on H&K's :) . But they are all 9x19 so, well maybe there's room for more.
Don't own any shotguns so I need at least one. There's a Browning BPS at my LGS that keeps calling my name. Only a matter of time...
B

tubeshooter
June 4, 2012, 06:05 PM
I'm just about at "the wall" for semi-auto .22 handguns. I have 4, and wouldn't mind a specific 5th model to live in my fishing backpack but I don't really NEED it... probably get it someday, but it can wait.

Same with leverguns. I have the 3 I always really wanted. I'd take a .45/70 if somebody gave it to me, but realistically I don't need, care to feed or actually have anywhere to shoot something like that, to be honest.

gym
June 4, 2012, 06:48 PM
Finding a range that will allow you to shoot from the holster and being able to shoot at moving targets is what I miss. You can't find that anymore in South FL, unless you know someone in a county that allows it on private land. More people have guns and shoot them less here than I ever saw.
I can't stand shooting at a small indoor range anymore. It's just boring after 10 minutes.

beatledog7
June 4, 2012, 11:01 PM
Browning pump guns in 12ga.

One tactical with extended tube, one with rifled barrel and scope, one 28" ribbed with interchangeable chokes.

BigN
June 5, 2012, 04:30 AM
As long as they keep making bolt action rifles, I'll keeping needing them

mdauben
June 5, 2012, 12:57 PM
I'd love to have a whole room full of various guns but honestly, short of winning the lotto that's never going to happen. Given my reasonable, but by no means unlimited, disposable income I have to draw the line somewhere so I generally don't have more than one gun that fills one role. For example, if I have one rifle suitable for deer hunting, I don't need a second or third. If I have one large-bore magnum handgun, I don't really need anymore. If I really thougth I had found something significantly better than what I already had in a particular role, I would only buy the new one with plans to sell the old one.

I guess the only exception to that is rimfires. Rifles, pistols, revolvers. For some reason I can't seem to get enough when it comes to .22s. :rolleyes:

HGUNHNTR
June 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
I hit that limit very quickly. I prefer one or two very fine examples from each category of firearms I like. Some guys like to have 25 Glocks, some like 1 Sig P210. I fall into the latter category. Huge redundancy doesn't hold that much appeal to me, variety and quality does.

Sav .250
June 5, 2012, 02:23 PM
There will come a time when the "fever" tapers off. If you`ve done your home-work, you should end up with just the right mix of weapons that covers your wants and needs. J s/n. :)

Loosedhorse
June 5, 2012, 02:58 PM
like 1 Sig P210.:eek: One? One? :what:

SIG 210s are like old Jaguars: fine and pretty, but they always break. You'll need at least three to make sure ONE works while the others are being repaired.

And then, of course, there's the problem with the old 210s ahving been replaced by the new one with the mag release button--why, pretty soon there will be no more old 210 parts, so you've got to buy more 210s just to have a source for future parts.

:eek:

:scrutiny:

:cool:

Not buying it, huh? Sigh. Neither did my wife.

kcshooter
June 5, 2012, 03:27 PM
Glocks.

I've got one.

Jim, West PA
June 5, 2012, 03:56 PM
" limit in acquiring guns " :what: ?!?!?!?!!?

In the words of Pete Hogwallap.....

" Now that jist don't make no sense"
lololol

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you hit the limit in acquiring guns of a certain type?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!