Every firearm you've HAD but no longer do

PDA

greenr18
June 1, 2012, 05:23 PM
Can you list every firearm you've ever "gotten rid of" and no longer own? Whether selling, giving as a gift, returning, or trading in? If so, can you make a list and if there was a specific reason negative or positive put it next to said firearm in the list? Just for the hell of it, but maybe it could also help people who don't have specific experience with certain brands / models who'd like to know what others who do thought of them.

My list:

- Charles Daly Hi-Power (extraction problems, sold to relative)

- Beretta 21A Bobcat (no problems, traded for Star BM)

- Star BM (no problems, needed cash)

- Century WASR10/63 (no problems, needed cash)

- Century Golani (destroyed magazine feeding lips, extraction and barrel issues)

- Century GP75 (no problems, needed cash)

- Bersa Thunder (Didn't like shooting it, too many safety functions and grips couldn't be tightened but were loose, sold to relative)

- Beretta M1934 (Parts came loose during firing that would continue to come loose after being 'fixed', returned to store)

- Savage 64F (no problems, needed cash)

- Marlin 60 [later put into Muzzelite stock] (no problems, needed cash)

- JC Higgins Model 90 (Failed to reliably fire due to damaged hammer, sold)

- Savage 11 .243 youth model (no problems, needed cash)

- DPMS Panther Lite-16 (no problems, needed cash)

- DPMS Panther Sportical (no problems, needed cash)

- Special Weapons 760 (extraction problems, etc, returned)

- Mosin Nagant M91/30 (pieces became very loose with firing, sold)

-[second] Mosin Nagant M91/30 (no problems, needed cash)

- Titan FIE .25ACP (Fairly reliable, not very accurate, needed cash)

- Stevens 67-E 20 gauge (had some feeding issues, but was workable, traded for ammunition)

- Unknown brand or model single shot break-action 12 gauge (included in above ammunition trade)

- Stevens 77 16 gauge (nothing problems, needed cash)

- Browning A-5 (Was sold highly internally damaged used model with parts missing as usable, returned)

- Norinco MAK-90 (not very accurate compared to previously owned AKs, almos no rifling in barrel, other than that no problems, needed cash)

- Unknown brand / model pump action 12 gauge (action became severely gummed up after first use, shells would fall out as well, returned to store)

- Ruger 10/22-FS (no problems, needed cash)

- Ruger Standard (Did not like take-down, needed cash)

- Norinco SKS (Discovered at the time enjoyed AKs more, sold to relative)

- Yugoslavian Mauser M48 (no problems, sold to relative)

- S&W M10 (no problems, sold to relative)

- Calico M950 (Magazine and action jammed constantly, not accurate, sold)

- Masterpiece Arms MPA-30 (Would drop magazines after firing a few rounds, sent back to be fixed, received about 3 months later but was not fixed, sold)

- Kimel Arms AP-9 (No problems, needed cash)

- Intratec AB-10 (No problems though not very accurate, needed cash)

- Hi-Point 995C (Worked fine for several hundred rounds, then would gum up and jam, took down and cleaned thoroughly, did not fix problem. Sold)

-[second] Hi-Point 995C (Worked Ok, better than previous but still not great, needed cash)

- Armscor M1600 [preban version with 15 round magazine and flash suppressor] (Wasn't very accurate, magazine would not take full capacity without jamming, was fun for a while, sold when needed cash)

- Armi Jager AP-74 (Was fairly accurate, not reliable, could not load more than couple rounds in magazine without malfunction, bolt hold barely functioned, returned)

- Winchester 94 (nothing wrong, needed cash)

- Century Arms C93 (Still technically own though probably won't soon thus in the list, is currently being 'repaired' at Century for no bolt-gap and feeding / cycling issues, will most likely sell once it comes back)

and that I BELIEVE is the complete list, unless something has slipped my mind... interested in seeing other peoples lists!

If you enjoyed reading about "Every firearm you've HAD but no longer do" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skribs
June 1, 2012, 05:28 PM
Springfield XDm 40 3.8" with night sights. When I got it, I wanted the compact, but they hadn't come out with it or announced it...a month later it came out. When I finally got around to getting the XDm 40 compact, I gave my friend the 40 3.8" for helping me move.

nosmr2
June 1, 2012, 05:30 PM
Browning Buckmark lots of FTF problems, top screw kept coming loose, broke even on it

Skribs
June 1, 2012, 05:34 PM
Just curious, why do people buy firearms where the specific one they are being sold is known to have issues?

ShroomFish
June 1, 2012, 05:37 PM
Mossberg Maverick 88 (with 2 barrels) > Sold, needed money toward a new car
Rohm .22 full size revolver > Sold, I mean, C'mon its a Rohm lol
Rohm .22 short revolver > Same reason as Rohm above
S&W .38 S&W top break, hammerless > Sold, Hard to get ammo for, went toward a AR-15

I do regret selling the S&W, but hey the AR is much more useful

greenr18
June 1, 2012, 05:40 PM
Just curious, why do people buy firearms where the specific one they are being sold is known to have issues?

It's not always the brand or all the guns. IE: I've heard of lots of people with problems with WASR AKs from Century, I never had a problem with one or knew anyone personally who did. Some people have also gotten great C93s and some people are not so lucky. Some people swear by Hi-Points, I from experience, do not. Doesn't mean they don't have one that does work great. No damage in taking a chance if you're willing.

Skribs
June 1, 2012, 05:46 PM
Green, I meant the specific firearm. i.e. "I sold my Widowmaker s/n 12345 because it FTEs once per magazine." Why would someone want to buy that specific gun (not just the same model, but the specific one s/n 12345) knowing that it fails?

nosmr2
June 1, 2012, 05:48 PM
They guy I sold the "know issue" Buckmark was aware of my issues. He planned on using a different brand ammo to eliminate the FTF problem as well as clean the feed ramp during shooting sessions. As to the screw coming loose, he said he was going to loctite it in and not break it all the way down to clean. I still know the guy and haven't heard back from him.

Unistat
June 1, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sure, just one.

S&W 442, no lock.

I gave it to my Dad for his first carry gun when he got his permit.

kcshooter
June 1, 2012, 06:13 PM
Just curious, why do people buy firearms where the specific one they are being sold is known to have issues? I do it a lot. Two reasons.
One, I can get it for half price or less because the owner knows it doesn't function right.
Two, I can fix it.

ny32182
June 1, 2012, 06:14 PM
I'll probably forget a few, but here is the list:

-Sig 226/.40 - Sold to my dad who is not a handgun guy, so I hardly consider this one sold as I am the one who cleans it, loads ammo for it, and will probably own it again one day. No problems; I just don't shoot much .40, it was too big to carry, my dad wanted a pistol, and it happend to be the one I owned at the time that I was most willing to part with.

-Taurus PT92, early model - Intermittent stovepipes that I could never solve, overall quality appeared to be pretty bad. No decocker. Sold to a buddy of mine, who still owns it as far as I know. I doubt he's put more than 100 rounds through it in the last 5 years.

-Taurus PT92, later model - better quality feel overall, but still no Beretta. Intermittent stovepipes I could never solve. Sold at a gunshow. I was on the verge of going to plastic striker guns at this point as well.

-S&W 1076 - Sold online. I didn't like it as much as my 1006, which I still have. I don't shoot much 10mm, so I didn't feel the need to keep two massive 10's. No functional problems.

-Robinson Arms VEPR K 7.62x39. Great rifle. My only real gripe is that the forearm plastic directly contacts the barrel, so if you really heat it up it will melt the forend. I did this. RA sent me a new one promptly. Also it is not a "standard" AK, so, no furniture options, etc. Still, it is the only gun I've ever jettisoned that I truly regret selling.

-Rem 870 Express - traded into the gun shop on a Mossberg 590A1. Rails in the receiver would routinely get stuck so that shells would not be released into the action during a pump.

-Bushmaster 20" HBAR - Most accurate AR I have ever owned; no functional problems, sold because it was "ban era" and I wanted to move my collection to no-ban config, and more milspec construction.

-Bushmaster Superlight 16" - No problems, sold for same reasons as previous.

-Sig 2022 9mm - Intermittent failures to lock open that I could never resolve. Sold mainly because I was "Sig heavy" and transitioning to Glocks. Also the polymer frame was WAY heavier than it needed to be, and it had all the other attributes I now consider undesireable about Sigs: DA/SA, high bore axis, high sight line, heavy, etc.

-Robinson XCR - Traded it for an M1A scout squad. It had no problems and I still think it is the best overall carbine design I have ever seen. The totally proprietary nature of the entire gun eventually kind of worried me, as well as the fact that there is no option for positive retention of the barrel. I never had the barrel screw come loose, but always wished they would do something to retain the screw, and it would be such an easy thing to add to the implementation. Anyhow... I do regret this one a little bit, but probably not quite enough to get another one.

marksman13
June 1, 2012, 06:51 PM
Ruger 10/22 - traded for a CZ 513 (now own 513 and a 10/22)

Ruger P94 .40 S&W - traded for Springfield XD 45 Tactical (it was terribly inaccurate and i just didn't like it.

Glock 22 - sold it (didn't care for the 40 S&W or the Glock)

Smith & Wesson Airweight 642 - traded for a Glock 19

Glock 19 - realized I again that I didn't care for Glocks

CZ 550 Varmint 223 - shot great but the stock was too short so i sold it

Mossberg 590A1 - realized it wasn't serving any real purpose

Ruger Red Label 20 gauge - nice shotgun, too nice for my needs

Marlin 25N 22lr - never shot as well as I had hoped

CZ 452 Varmint 22lr - moved to an area that limited my shooting time, so I sold it.

Kimber TLE-RL II - I found an OD Glock 21 that I had to have. Third time's a charm. I stuck with Glocks.

CZ 75 9mm - decided that I wanted to stick with one pistol platform. Replaced with OD G17.

Savage MK II 22lr - sold to a cousin

Henry H001 22lr - given to neighbor's son because he liked it so much and always cut our yard no matter how many times I told him not to.

Taurus PT-111 - decided I didn't like it very much

Remington 700, 308 Win. Sendero - didn't shoot as well as I hoped.

Norinco SKS - all kinds of problems with it

Remington 742 30-06 - just didn't like it.

T/C Encore 45-70 - kicked like a freaking mule! Traded it.

DPMS LR-308T - not very accurate. Sold it.

S&W M&P15 22lr - a buddy of mine really wanted it. Sold it.

Sig P220 - after all the pistols I have owned I decided I am completely a Glock guy.

I'm sure there have been other, but this is all I can think of right now. My philosophy has always been, "There's no need to own all the guns in the world. You only have to try to shoot them all."

greenr18
June 1, 2012, 06:52 PM
Green, I meant the specific firearm. i.e. "I sold my Widowmaker s/n 12345 because it FTEs once per magazine." Why would someone want to buy that specific gun (not just the same model, but the specific one s/n 12345) knowing that it fails?

Ah. Well that I can't answer for except maybe the buyer knows how to fix it themselves or thinks they might be able to or just need spare parts. Other than that I dunno.

M2 Carbine
June 1, 2012, 07:01 PM
Can you list every firearm you've ever "gotten rid of" and no longer own?
Not a chance.
I can't hardly remember the ones I have now, or how many there are. :D

fpgt72
June 1, 2012, 07:05 PM
Never sold one...i have everyone that i ever bought. I take great time and research before i buy.

greenr18
June 1, 2012, 07:09 PM
just remembered i had a very pristine looking hunting pump action 12 gauge i owned for a bout a week before i sold it because i thought it was too nice for my purposes i WANT to say it was a mossberg something or rather but im not sure. It had a jeweled action i remember that much

mbopp
June 1, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sheesh......

Glenfield M25 22rf - first gun I ever bought
Ithaca M37 16ga, s/n 989XX - my first shotgun
Glenfield M60 22rf
Colt New Frontier 22/22mag - sorta wish I still had it
Colt 45ACP GCNM - really wish I never sold it
Bernadelli 380 - jam-o-matic
Remington 581 22rf - another one I wish I had back
Remington 700 .243Win - Replaced by a .308
Ruger MKI - replaced by a Hamden Victor as my 22 handgun

Steve H
June 1, 2012, 07:30 PM
Colt Python 8" Nickle .....................dumb idea to sell it. I was the original owner, bought it for $299. Made a $1000 profit, thought it would never go any higher. I sure was wrong about that plus it was a nice shooter. Should have kept it.

beatledog7
June 1, 2012, 07:38 PM
Firearms I used to own but no longer own:

There ya go.

greenr18
June 1, 2012, 07:43 PM
Firearms I used to own but no longer own:

There ya go.

What caliber is a There ya go?

bannockburn
June 1, 2012, 07:54 PM
Way too many and not enough time to even begin to compile such a list. Quite a few decades were somewhat of a blur in regards to buying, selling, and trading.

roadchoad
June 1, 2012, 08:02 PM
Bersa 380 thunder no time to shoot, needed cash, miss it.
Heritage 22 lr/mag revolver, too loud, worn, miss it anyway.
Moss berg 835 traded for hp carbine, don't miss it a bit, since I've got a few more shotguns.

ttutt
June 1, 2012, 08:05 PM
Taurus pt92.

sadly short list...

EddieNFL
June 1, 2012, 08:15 PM
Not a chance.
I can't hardly remember the ones I have now, or how many there are. :D
Ditto

foghornl
June 1, 2012, 08:17 PM
A few...
Rem "Sportsman Model" 20GA desperately needed cash
Nylon 66...ex loaned it to someone (without telling me) and they moved away
3-screw old model .357 Blackhawk ex left it in the car with ammo holder on dashboard
Marlin "Camp Carbine" .45. sold it something to do with no cash and hungry kids
Super Blackhawk .44Mag Not sure what happend to it
Century CETME...almost forgot that one. It was almost never in my hands, spent waaaay to much time travelling to/from Century for "repairs"

TennJed
June 1, 2012, 08:43 PM
ruger p95 (traded felt too bulky)
ruger single six blued (traded for stainless single six)
ruger blackhawk 357 (traded for blackhawk 45 colt)
ruger blackhawk 357 ( sold, felt i had too many SA.)
ruger 22/45 (traded for mkiii, did not like the plastic grips)
Kel tec pf9 (sold it, had a p11 i liked better)
taurus tcp 738 ( sold to relative. Bought 2 because they were cheap. Realized i did not need 2. no issues)

Inebriated
June 1, 2012, 08:45 PM
WASR 10/63... Only thing I've sold.

beatledog7
June 1, 2012, 10:06 PM
Greenr18,

You can buy a There ya go in any caliber ever devised...if you know where to look.

jmr40
June 1, 2012, 10:16 PM
Even if I could remember them it would take up an awful lot of bandwidth to list them all.

jcwit
June 1, 2012, 10:28 PM
Only ever sold 1 firearm. Marlin .22 Mountie, very inaccurate. Still regret it.

Ala Dan
June 1, 2012, 10:44 PM
Far too much bandwidth would be required, I would not abuse my posting
priviledges too do so~! I can assure you that there have been many more
transactions, than I care to remember~! :( :uhoh:

SaxonPig
June 1, 2012, 10:51 PM
It would be about 400-450 items. I seriously doubt I could recall them all. Hell, I can barely remember what I still have hanging around the farm.

Texan Scott
June 1, 2012, 10:56 PM
All that come to mind, in no particular order:

Ruger 10/22... beautiful, my very first... (sob) sold it because i was young, poor, and dumb. regret it.

Glock 22 & Taurus .38 Ultralight. no problems, just being posted overseas & couldn't take 'em. sold to a service buddy Stateside for a handshake and a fair price. no regrets.

Jennings Bryco .32. knew it was a cheap POS when i bought it; cheap throw-away gun. gave to a family member because they liked it and they helped me paint. good trade.

Jennings Bryco .380. bought for same reason; broke it, didn't feel it was worth the hassle and $25 to fix. melted it because i can find a way to melt ANYTHING. metallurgical chemistry is cooler (and WAY hotter) than Jennings Bryco. :evil:

Steel Horse Rider
June 1, 2012, 11:23 PM
Glock 19. The only gun I have ever sold. Didn't do much for me and an employee asked if I would sell it so I did.

mgkdrgn
June 1, 2012, 11:48 PM
Mossberg 640KB "Chuckster" in 22 mag ... ain't no 'chucks here in SC

Rossi M92 Lever in 454 Casull ... got one in Stainless :-)

Mosin M44 ... Just wouldn't shoot well for me ... have another that does

Other than that ... I've still got every gun I ever bought (for myself), including the first one ... Remington Nylon 77 I got in 1974 at Barkers in Bath, NY.

Onward Allusion
June 2, 2012, 12:06 AM
Can't remember them all, but here are the more memorable ones.

- Chicom SKS (with the red bakelite stock)
- Real Russian SKS w/Bayonet
- Norinco 1911
- Ramline Exactor
- Arsenal SA93 (pair w/sequential serials)
- Colt King Cobra 6" matte SS
- S&W 547 3" in 9mm
- Ruger MKII 10"
- Marlin Camp 9mm
- Tec 22 Scorpion :D
- Tec 9 :D
- Izhevsk IJ-70 (commercial 12 round Makarov)
- Charter Arms Lady Liberty w/Gold inlay

Did I mention divorce is expensive??? :banghead:

EchoM70
June 2, 2012, 12:18 AM
Lets see,

Marlin Model 60 --- Sold it, needed cash

Mossberg 500 --- Sold it, along with the model 60

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 --- Traded for my Tikka T3 in .300 WSM

Savage Mark II --- Sold it, non-accutrigger model

I believe that's all I've ever gotten rid of, Unless a good deal comes along I tend to keep my guns in the collection.

wrs840
June 2, 2012, 12:28 AM
S&W 422. I sold it when my first kid was born. (Medical bills).

Colt 1911 Series 80 Gold Cup Match. I sold it when my first kid was born. I regret selling it.

Taurus .38 snub that I also sold when my first kid was born.

Beretta Bobcat .22 auto. Sold it back to the same guy I bought it from. I guess he liked it better than I did.

Taurus Judge .410 / .45LC Revolver Blued Steel Frame, Stainless Cylinder. The gee-whiz wore off.

Two Mossburg Model 464 Lever Action. Never should a bought 'em in the first place, but they had consecutive serial numbers, so gone as a pair.

Armscor Model 30R 12ga Pump Shotgun. Looked cool, worked so-so.

Taurus Model 94 .22 Revolver. What a heavy action.

S&W 3913 9mm x19 Para Pistol. Internet-purchase police-trade with a shot-out barrel.

Ruger New Vaquro .45 LC. It was a match for my brother's and with a consecutive serial number, and he wanted it. ...and I decided I wanted a NV in .357.

Ruger Security Six .357 Mag Revolver. It brought more money than I personally thought it was worth.

Stevie-Ray
June 2, 2012, 12:41 AM
Simple, since there's been only two for me. An AMT Govt. model that was never reliable even after a trip back to AMT. Sold in favor of a Colt Mark IV. A Taurus PT-111 Millennium-underwhelming performance and an annoyingly touchy mag release. Sold in favor of a Glock 26. All the rest I've kept, even the ones I don't seem to shoot anymore.

HDCamel
June 2, 2012, 12:47 AM
Russian capture Mauser K98k - Liked it, didn't love it.
S&W 5906 - Same as above.

I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to buy anything that's not on my shortlist anymore since both times I've done so have resulted in disappointment and me eventually selling the gun.

MedWheeler
June 2, 2012, 12:58 AM
I have given up three. The first was a Winchester Model 190, a 22LR rifle, sold to me by my stepfather when I was eighteen. He had finally convinced my gun-shy mom to let me have it; she knew I was an aspiring LEO and would one day have a firearm, most likely, before moving out. I let his son take it when his dad died the following year.
The second was a S&W M659 I purchased when my LE agency decided to authorize the switch to semi-automatic pistols from our .38SPL revolvers in 1990. The terms were that we had to furnish our own weapon, ammo, leather, and training/qualification time. I bought the gun from a cop from another department, but never got around to meeting those standards. Within a year, I had switched to another department that issued 9mm autoloaders. When I left LE some time after that, I sold the Smith during some hard times.
The third was a Walther (Interarms) PPK/S I bought for OD/BU carry with that second department. It was later sold for the same reason.

ColtPythonElite
June 2, 2012, 01:03 AM
I've never sold one that I wish I had back.

exavid
June 2, 2012, 01:30 AM
There have been a lot of them over the past 55 years or so. Too many to remember but a few interesting ones come to mind:
Savage model 24 over and under rifle/shotgun. .22Magnum/20ga.
Walther 9mm P1
Colt Woodsman Match Target .22lr
Winchester 1906 .22lr pump rifle
NAA .22 Mini Revolver
Winchester WRF pump rifle with round barrel (don't remember the model)
Ruger Blackhawk Flattop .44 magnum.
Hi Standard Sentinel 9 shot .22 revolver
Savage 110L rifle in .300 Mashburn Magnum
Winchester model 88 .284
1903 Springfield 30-06

Twiki357
June 2, 2012, 02:07 AM
I've never sold a gun, but...
2 S&W Mdl 36's (a 2" and a 3") are long gone due to a burglary back in 1986, and
a Rossi 410 that my son has.

9mmfan
June 2, 2012, 02:41 AM
S&W 64-I Forget. First gun, sold it. Taurus PT92, loved it until the trigger bar broke. Was fixed, hammer follow, sold it to get a Beretta 92fs, loved it, shot it well for a long time. Thought about CCW. Bought a Taurus Mill Pro 9mm. Thought I didn't like polymer guns. Ended up giving it to my Mom. She recently killed a cottonmouth with it. Was given a mid to late 50's vintage S&W M&P .38. Hadda give it back, bought an early twenties 1905 .38 HE. Somewhere in there, got a Beretta .32. Sold it to a co-worker. SKS, bought, then sold. Slight loss. Traded a troublesome Springfield Loaded Champion to a moderator on another board for something that was worth less on paper. I am happy, he immediately sold it on this board. The Tanfoglio .45! Brother In Law Deal on the previously mentioned Beretta! Other things I can't even remember! Carry and sleep next to a G19! Bought a few J Frames, only own two now! The SP101! About to sell the Benelli Nova! Thinking about getting rid of the Mossy 500, and just getting an 18.5 incher for Ye Olde 870 Express! Try to get my M1, and you just might get shot with it! Lions, Tigers, Bears, oh my! Wait... What was the question?

mcdonl
June 2, 2012, 06:57 AM
My list used to be long, but now it is down to just two guns I have not yet purchased back... An SKS and Saiga .223 converted.

I got sick of the regret feeling.

Deus Machina
June 2, 2012, 07:25 AM
My Henry H001 lever-action: It shot reasonably well with pretty much everything, but I couldn't find what it liked more than anything else. Fun, but sold it to fund a new CCW.

S&W 469: Would have been a great carry gun and I loved it, but I couldn't for the life of me get it to shoot to point of aim. Friends of mine could, but it always shot low for me. Must have been its fat grip. I already had the CZ I use now, so I sold it at a gun show.

S&W 586: Took it in trade with intention to sell it, but took a liking to it. Sold it to pay help pay for a car when the new one blew a head gasket, ignition switch, and a myriad other problems.

Norrick
June 2, 2012, 07:52 AM
Para Ordnance 14-45 ltd. (money problems)
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 (served me no real purpose)
Remington 700 VTR .308 (ammo was expensive, did not reload at the time)
Marlin Model 60 (impulse buy, hated it with a passion)
Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter (couldn't make it as accurate as I hoped)
FNX-9 (off-roster handgun in California, didn't want to deal with the red tape and also had magazine release issues)
Browning T-Bolt Varmint (safe queen, culling the herd)

WaywardSon
June 2, 2012, 08:39 AM
Sold too many to think of over the years...or more accurately, traded them for something different just to try. Not too many regrets, but there are a few I should have kept:

Ruger Blackhawk .32 H & R Mag
Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag
Ruger Single Six (two)
Franchi 12 ga. O/U Trap
S & W Model 41.......still crying
M1 Garand....DCM gun...had two
Ruger #1.....243
Ruger #1.....375 H & H

The S & W 41 & the Garand were sold to friends that just had to have them. Should have told them to pound sand. At least I have vowed to never sell another.

Gunnerboy
June 2, 2012, 10:01 AM
japenese m44 carbine :banghead: dont ask
Italian m38 carcano (vet bringback) decided to trade it for a 1911
Fie 22 revolver, traded it for a sears n roebuck 20ga pump
traded the 20ga pump for a m44 mosin nagant
yugoslavian sks, traded it for a no1 mk3 and no4 mk 1 lee enfield
traded the no1 mk3 for 200$ and some taxidermy work
traded the no4 mk1 for a vz24
gave away another no1 mk3 lee enfield to a buddy
gave away a 4095 hi point carbine
gave a stevens single shot 410, and a newly customized m93 mauser in 257 roberts to my lovely lady.
traded a stevens 87t 22lr for a 12ga sxs
traded a westernfield 57 22lr for a case of 7.62x39
some good trades some dumb ones that i still kick my self over :cuss:

larryh1108
June 2, 2012, 10:49 AM
I've sold many guns because I'd buy them cheap. fix them up and sell them for a profit. Those weren't "my" guns as much as they were project guns. I did sell a few that I bought for me and didn't like for various reasons:

Glock 27 - Didn't like how the Glock fit me.
Glock 33 - See above but tried again. Sold for same reason. Also needed mortgage money.
S&W M&P9c - Sold to buy a HK P7. Nice gun
Llama .40S&W - Sold to buy the same HK P7. Worked very well.

deadin
June 2, 2012, 11:11 AM
After 57 years of gun trading, buying and selling I might be able to remember if I ever owned some particular gun or model, but there's no way I would even take the time to try to make a list. (It would be in the thousands)

22-rimfire
June 2, 2012, 11:34 AM
I only keep a record of purchases I actually take home. I used to buy and sell for sport at gun shows and many of these guns never even left the show. I keep track of most that I have for a while, but see little reason to make a long list. Many are great firearms. I barely remember some of them other than I see them on my list.

Dr.Rob
June 2, 2012, 04:36 PM
Zero. I've never sold one.

(Ok there WAS a Remington Nylon 66 in Mowhawk Brown I was supposed to buy back from my dad. I didn't live up to my end of our agreement with making payments so it was sold off to a family friend.)

Auf Grosser Fahrt
June 2, 2012, 07:11 PM
In no particular order...

Calico M100S -- stolen by gunshop
Feather AT-9 -- " " "
NAA Mini Revolver " " "
(trusted the shop owner, put the guns in to sell on consignment, he sold them, never called me, filed bankruptcy, out of business...expletive deleted)
Feather AT-22 -- never knew a round it would chamber and fire
FEG SA-85M AKM -- needed cash and still crying over it today
Norinco SKS -- so poorly balanced, bugged the stuffing out of me
Egyptian Hakim -- one ugly rifle
Remington 1100 -- needed cash, dang it!
Winchester Big Bore '94 -- have I said needed cash, yet?
Steyr-Hahn -- too big for a paperweight
Ruger SP101 -- best 9mm ever, traded up
Ruger GP100 -- don't know what happened to it
Colt Government Model Series 70 -- oops, where is this?
NAA Mini Revolver -- gave/sold to a friend
Ruger P85 -- don't know why
Sterling .25 -- POC
Iver Johnson .32 S&W breaktop -- lost in parent's attic somewhere in the insulation and couldn't find even with rented metal detector
Walther P22 -- to buy Radom P-64
Glock -- unknown

Really miss the FEG, Winchester, and Remington...nice, nice guns.

claiborne
June 2, 2012, 09:14 PM
I have purchased or traded for 72 firearms in the last twenty years. One was stolen, four were given to my father, two were given to my uncle, thirteen are in my safe and the rest went the way of the DoDo..........no regrets, they are just things. I have never seen a Uhaul chasing a hearse! ;)

kcshooter
June 2, 2012, 09:19 PM
I have never seen a Uhaul chasing a hearse
http://marthame.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hearseuhaul011.jpg
You have now.

ApacheCoTodd
June 2, 2012, 09:25 PM
I can't even begin to get anywhere near an accurate list. They come, they go, I upgrade, I lose interest. Now, gone and regretted... to date, not a one.

Hoppes Love Potion
June 2, 2012, 09:33 PM
Raven. Rossi. It won't be missed.

TennJed
June 3, 2012, 01:15 AM
After 57 years of gun trading, buying and selling I might be able to remember if I ever owned some particular gun or model, but there's no way I would even take the time to try to make a list. (It would be in the thousands)

:what::what: Wouldn't that work out to be several a month, every month for 57 years :eek:

Wow

Texan Scott
June 3, 2012, 03:22 AM
kcshooter, lmao

Pete D.
June 3, 2012, 05:07 AM
Sure.....Ruger Mini 14, Lee-Enfield SMLE, Charter Arms AR7, H&R Topper .410, Beretta Bobcat .22.....Gave them all to my son.
Remington 1903A3. Traded for a Winchester model 59.
Pete

MyGreenGuns
June 3, 2012, 08:33 AM
Ruger 10/22 - Used as down payment on a 4x4 while camping. Beat the other guys offer because I had something to put as a down payment. (HIM) "Whichever one of you gives me money first, gets the truck." -- (ME) "Hey, do you like my gun?" Bought another one, exactly the same.

HK USP 9mm Compact - Sold to buy another truck. Bought it to replace my XD, and liked the XD better. This gun +$200 bought the truck I've been driving since '08.

Working on trading my Judge for a 1911, maybe tomorrow. :)

sig228
June 3, 2012, 09:29 AM
Like someone else said, guns are just things. Except for the few guns I inherited from my dad and grandfather, and my first gun, I have no emotional attachment to any of my guns.

I do have a complete list though, sort of like my own "bound book." Plus I never sell or trade a gun without a bill of sale.

Sgt_R
June 3, 2012, 09:34 AM
Maverick 88. My first gun. Got it from a coworker for for a great price, never fired it, traded up (gun + cash) for a 590 a few weeks later.

Ruger 10/22. Would FTE with factory mags & any ammo I cared to feed it. Sold it for a loss (with full disclosure) to a smith who said he could probably fix it.

S&W J-frame .38. Picked it up for a CC piece, but discovered that I shoot small frame revolvers exceptionally poorly. Traded it in for a small frame auto instead.

S&W J-frame .22. This was the gun that convinced me that no matter how many rounds I sent downrange, small frame revolvers just aren't for me. Sold it on Gunbroker for a slight loss.

Glock 27. I like .40 in a full size gun. Not so much in a subcompact. Sold it to a friend for a fair price and replaced it with a Glock 26.

No regrets.

R

claiborne
June 3, 2012, 01:05 PM
kcshooter,
that's awesome, finally a uhaul chasing a hearse. I have been using that line for years to ease the guilt. After seeing that pic and looking at my complete list of bygone firearms, I now wish to be creamated when I die! :neener:

jj1962hemi
June 3, 2012, 03:54 PM
Sold (all in last 12 months, 1st sales in 25 years of accumulating):

-Ruger New Model Single Six in .32 H&R Mag. Got $495 for it (less 15%) and wanted a more commong caliber.

-CZ70 in 32 ACP, functioned well, a few FTE, loud and inaccurate (at least in my hand)

-ADCO Vela 12 ga. O/U, my first trap gun, sold for an upgrade. It worked fine, had a laminated stock that bugged me.

-Llama IXB in 45 ACP, sold because I knew it wasn't a robust gun. Also, bit the web of my hand and wasn;t worth customizind (it's a non-standard 1911 platform)

Consigned:

-Taurus Model 85 (I bought two "'cause I got a deal")

Next to sell:

-Franchi Al-48 12 ga. long-recoil semi-auto with shortend (13") LOP. I bought it for a project gun, then came across a beautiful A-5 for $350 that fit me well.

-Remington 1100 trap model w/three barrels. Bought on-line via auction and innards were torn up, as was forestock. I'm probably going to repair it so that I don't get killed trying to sell the parts!

-Taurus PT-101 40 S&W. Bought it during the frenzy for hi-caps in early 2009. Thought I'd like the bright SS, rosewood grips and gold trigger, hammer and slide release. Now, I call it my "Pimp Daddy Special" and want to move it to somebody that won't be sheepish about showing it at the range. I have a PT-92 that I like just fine.

GRIZ22
June 5, 2012, 08:49 AM
The list is much longer but three I regret letting go were:

2" S&W Model 64, just a bit bigger than a J frame but much easier to shoot.

4" Colt Commando, was brand new never used.

Pre-war Polish Radom in excellent condition.

pockets
June 5, 2012, 09:22 AM
Heck, I can't even remember all of the guns I have owned over the past six decades, much less the ones I've sold or traded.
As to 'WHY'.......if I can't remember 'WHAT' they were in the first place, I surely would not remember 'WHY'.

CaliCoastie
June 6, 2012, 12:15 AM
Only one, Ruger single six with both cylinders to a good friend for what I had in them. No regrets, it wasn't as accurate as I built up in my mind, he knew it and was fine with it.

Arkansas Paul
June 6, 2012, 02:02 AM
Remington Model 11 in 16-gauge - My dad bought it off me so I can still shoot it any time I want. I sold it to him so I would have the money to go to Talledega. :banghead:

Winchester 1400 in 20 gauge - It was a good enough gun, but easily replaced. Went down the gun trade trail

Revelation .30-30 - Good gun, but another easily replaced. Used the funds for another gun purchase.

Ruger GP100 - Don't even want to talk about that one. It pains me to even type it. It was traded, and I've regretted it since about five minutes after the trade.

Smith and Wesson Sigma 40VE - Good riddance. I always defended it and said it was a good enough gun for the money, until I shot a Sig Sauer SP2022. Not much more money but a world of difference in quality. I now own one in place of the Sigma.

Remington 11-87 SP - Good shotgun, but I hardly ever shoot a shotty. My Savage 20-gauge pump will do anything I need to do with a shotgun. Went towards another gun purchase.

Not much to regret for me, except the GP100. Man, that was stupid.

iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns
June 6, 2012, 08:12 PM
Armi San Marco 1858 Remington, Nickel with 24k gold plated finish, completely engraved. -It was my first safe queen, never fired it, and I sold it to fund my first 1911 to celebrate getting my carry permit, no regrets!

Brass-frame 1858 Remington with 12" bbl, tough times and I had other black powder guns I will never get rid of, sold to fun rent/utilities :barf:

Steel frame 5.25" bbl 1858 Remington with .45lc conversion cylinder, sold it to fund my 2nd 1911, which is really sweet. The '58 was also really sweet and I wish I could have afforded to keep it and buy the 1911, but if I had to choose one I'm happy with the decision I made :)

7.5" bbl Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag with poly-choke vent-rib
this gun is my #1 regret having to part with. But again, I'd make the same call if I had to go back and re-think it, I sold it to be able to afford a NIB S&W 629-2 'mountain revolver' .44 mag. I can always get another Super Blackhawk when the financial situation is better, but I really wanted that S&W, and it was in such great shape, I miss the Ruger, but definitely plan to get another when I can.

Navy Arms/Pietta Griswold & Gunnison brass-frame .44 I still have a few other black powder guns, and I never really shot this one much, so I sold it and put the $$ towards ammo and mags

and last but certainly not least my Wildey Survivor 8" bbl .45 Win-mag I bought it when I was making a lot more money, it was worth too much, and shot too seldom to keep when tough times came. When I'm doing better I think I'll replace it with a LAR Grizzly :)

As a collector I try to BUY more than sell, but it happens -kicks self-

Chevelle SS
June 6, 2012, 10:41 PM
Stoeger Uplander Supreme/ wanted a double trigger SXS
Old Marlin 22 bolt gun/ needed money
870 Wingmaster/ needed money
Mosin Nagant/ sold to a friend

Owen Sparks
June 6, 2012, 10:54 PM
No, I swap and trade all the time. Mostly with individualls and off the record.

buck1032
June 6, 2012, 11:01 PM
I ever got rid of was a really nice post WW2 Winchester Garand. I gave it to my sons name sake, and old Marine.

whetrock
June 6, 2012, 11:44 PM
I'm a younger guy and so far have only had to part with one firearm. A friend of mine was at the time in need of a defensive pistol/sidearm and took a liking to my Glock model 20 in 10MM whith the now discontinued OD green frame I didn't shoot the pistol a whole lot and it maybe had 100 rounds down the pipe he was willing to give me what I paid for it and at the time I was wanting a centerfire bolt action of some sort for deer/blackbear to replace my aging Marlin 336 so I sold it too him and purchased a Howa 1500 30-06 and put the rest of the cash towards optics ( wound up with a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14). Anyhow it's just a Glock and by no means irreplaceable so if everthing lines up just right I plan on purchasing a new one in the future and getting some dies and handloading the full potential of this cartridge. The guy was/is a great friend and stand up guy and I hated not to do the deal but still the OD green frame was kinda cool and different, but all in all no regrets (it's just a Glock).

whalerman
June 6, 2012, 11:48 PM
I haven't sold many, yet. But nearing retirement I can't afford to keep all that I have. Probably my biggest regret is selling a Ruger Old Vaquero in 44mag. But there are some that will have to go soon. I need to get down to about 30.

7thCavScout
June 7, 2012, 05:17 PM
Norinco 1911-A1 Never really felt the love for it. Traded for a Glock 17 Gen 2.
Browning Citori Lightning O/U: Needed money at the time (God, I miss that shotgun)
Charter Arms AR7: Inaccurate, jam-tastic piece of crap. traded on a Beretta Neos
Remington 1200: Won it @ Whitetails Unlimited banquet. Traded for a Franchi I12
Thompson Center Encore pro hunter: Won it @ Pheasants Forever Banquet. Traded for a Glock 19 Gen 3 and a Smith & Wesson 10-7 snubbie.
Glock 22: .40 was getting expensive to shoot and I didn't like the muzzle flip. Traded on a Glock 17 Gen 4
Ruger MKI: Assembly and dis-assembly was a pain in the butt. Traded for a Remington model 5 for my son.
Century Arms L1A1: Heavy and .308 was getting expensive to shoot. Traded on a Colt LE6920 AR15.

dmancornell
June 7, 2012, 06:29 PM
PTR-91 - Found out it didn't shoot surplus (poor research on my end). Replaced it with a PTR-91 GI.
Mossberg 590 - Sold it to satisfy a purge/boycott for their issuing a DEA commemorative shotgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Every firearm you've HAD but no longer do" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!