The Best Glock of Them All? VIDEO

PDA

PTMCCAIN
June 2, 2012, 08:31 AM
OK, I know, I know. "Best" Glock is really a subjective issue, but, for me, the Glock 21 is, by far, my favorite Glock. Love it. Had a good range session with it yesterday. Here's an introduction with firing demonstrations.

But, for me, here's what I love about the G21:

Large grip, for me, with big hands, this is my most controllable Glock. I get a great purchase on it. The Talon grips help, to be sure.

.45ACP - 'nuff said.

Capacity, 13+1.

Great sight radius/picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdUlcCkO_E

If you enjoyed reading about "The Best Glock of Them All? VIDEO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hentown
June 2, 2012, 09:26 AM
My first Glock was a G21. Still have one; gave another to oldest son, recently. Carlos Hathcock carried a G21; pretty good recommendation!!! :)

PTMCCAIN
June 2, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cool, I did not know that.

It really always comes down to what fits your hand the best.

tarosean
June 2, 2012, 10:33 AM
Carlos Hathcock carried a G21; pretty good recommendation!!!

I would imagine that it's some kind of Internet lore/fable?

He was a sick man for a long long time..(MS) I think he was already wheelchair bound by the time the 21 came here.

Doesnt add up to me buttttt I suppose it's possible?

hAkron
June 2, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cool video! Thanks for sharing that.

PTMCCAIN
June 2, 2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

marksman13
June 2, 2012, 02:33 PM
The Glock 21 is my favorite by far. The Glock 30 is going to be my next purchase if I can find one in OD for a reasonable price.

PTMCCAIN
June 2, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cool, I'm thinking of that too.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 2, 2012, 04:39 PM
Nice vid, guy. I have a G22 that I just love, but been wanting to pick up a G21

Sent from my MP3/Hands-Free/Web-Browsing Device

PTMCCAIN
June 2, 2012, 04:42 PM
The very first handgun I ever bought, or even fired, was a Glock 22.

I decided I want to stick with handguns in either 9mm or .45ACP, well, ok, let's not mention that Ruger .45LC single action, that doesn't count,or the 22LR Ruger, or the weird Russian Mosin handgun, ok?

It's a sickness, yes, it is.

beatledog7
June 2, 2012, 05:35 PM
Enjoyed the vid. Already knew my next Glock and my next .45Auto will be a Glock 21 SF.

PTMCCAIN
June 2, 2012, 05:38 PM
Glad you liked it, bro.

beatledog7
June 2, 2012, 05:38 PM
What ammo were you using?

PTMCCAIN
June 2, 2012, 05:41 PM
Ah....um....

The ammo I had in my ammo box...which was really shiny and pretty and .45ACP.

[Sorry, no idea what it was, I tend to stockpile ammo]

KMcCoy
June 2, 2012, 11:39 PM
No idea whether Sgt. Hathcock had a 21, but I do and I shoot it just fine from my wheelchair. :cool:

PTMCCAIN
June 5, 2012, 10:11 AM
Kudos, sir.

Paladin7
June 5, 2012, 11:20 PM
Great video as usual Rev...

Now tell us about the Proper Distinction between Law and Gospel...:D

PTMCCAIN
June 6, 2012, 05:34 AM
Well, I have just the thing for that, if you contact me offline.

:)

hentown
June 6, 2012, 09:17 AM
I would imagine that it's some kind of Internet lore/fable?

He was a sick man for a long long time..(MS) I think he was already wheelchair bound by the time the 21 came here.

Doesnt add up to me buttttt I suppose it's possible?

How about a source for when Hathcock became wheelchair-bound? I didn't realize that he was in a wheelchair in the late 80's/early 90's.

tarosean
June 6, 2012, 12:33 PM
How about a source for when Hathcock became wheelchair-bound? I didn't realize that he was in a wheelchair in the late 80's/early 90's.

Notice I did say *think*
I have no clue what the exact day was nor would not even try and guess.

I was just using simple deduction.. 11-12yrs before the G21 was ever produced (Dec 90) he was forced into retirement as he could no longer effectively operate a rifle. His health continued to decline and was exacerbated by the tremendous amounts of scar tissue. Almost any "modern" picture you see of him is in a wheelchair..

Here is a link to another forum. there are only a couple mentions of dates and his chair.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=726931&page=1

Interesting note thou. a quick google search of "Carlos Hathcock Glock 21" this thread gets the top spot.

maybe its a job for snopes.... lol

PTMCCAIN
June 6, 2012, 07:22 PM
OK, back to the discussion of the Glock 21, shall we, please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdUlcCkO_E

Paladin7
June 7, 2012, 03:30 PM
Rev, I'm LCMS through and through ...read a lot of Walther among others, Delto, etc.

Glad you are on board on 2A, I'm impressed...

PTMCCAIN
June 7, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hi Paladin,

Great to hear it!

If you enjoyed reading about "The Best Glock of Them All? VIDEO" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!